Twitter: Zeke: 1,000 yards is meaningful to me

nobody

Reaction score
Great for him, but he had an extra game compared to previous years to get it. From here on out, 1000 isn't what it used to be.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
lol, what? both of those are averages

The point is that you don't get to slant the criteria to fit your narrative. The rushing champ is the one with most yards.. just as the home run champ is the one with the most home runs.. The stolen base champ is the one with the most stolen bases and so on.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Remember when DMC got 1,089 yards on 239 attempts for 4.6 ypc in 2015 and people thought we needed to draft Zeke because our running game was unacceptable? My how expectations have dropped.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Remember when DMC got 1,089 yards on 239 attempts for 4.6 ypc in 2015 and people thought we needed to draft Zeke because our running game was unacceptable? My how expectations have dropped.

My expectations remain the same: A starting back needs to average at least 4 yards per carry to have a good season. Elliott averaged 4.2. Has it been a great season? No, but I don't really see any reason to complain, especially since he did it despite playing through a knee injury.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Not mine.
And anyone with eyes and actually watched the full games could tell that Zeke is a shell of his former self (speed wise). He is physically no longer the breakaway threat from 2016.

CWR

Reaction score
Great for him, but he had an extra game compared to previous years to get it. From here on out, 1000 isn't what it used to be.

Kind of, except with the 2 rb system most teams are using there will probably only be about 8 1k runners this season. I'd say that still makes it pretty special. Different, but still special.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My expectations remain the same: A starting back needs to average at least 4 yards per carry to have a good season. Elliott averaged 4.2. Has it been a great season? No, but I don't really see any reason to complain, especially since he did it despite playing through a knee injury.
Interesting. Why do we need Zeke then if we can have backs like Joseph Randle give us 4.0 per carry? I think Clement could give us that production.

CWR

Reaction score

That's true and I wonder how much of that was the perception DMC was done before he got here and knowing Zeke is still only 26. It's hard to believe the wear and tear got to Zeke so quickly. He's still a good back, but he's gonna have to take a pay cut or I'm thinking he becomes a cap casualty after next season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I think 4.0 used to be the old barometer, but since this has become a pass dominant league over the last 2 decades rushing averages have moved up slightly. Average per carry expectation seems to be 4.2+ now. Zeke was there so it was a good, not great season. The injury definitely slowed him down, but earlier in the season I thought we had the old Zeke back.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think 4.0 used to be the old barometer, but since this has become a pass dominant league over the last 2 decades rushing averages have moved up slightly. Average per carry expectation seems to be 4.2+ now. Zeke was there so it was a good, not great season. The injury definitely slowed him down, but earlier in the season I thought we had the old Zeke back.

Three of the six backs with more than 1,000 yards this season have a better average than Elliott. The other two are at 4.0 and 4.1. I don't have a problem with a back who averages 4.0 or better when he's rushing for that many yards even in a pass-dominant league because generally, that means they are not being overlooked by defenses and they are still able to get it done.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Interesting. Why do we need Zeke then if we can have backs like Joseph Randle give us 4.0 per carry? I think Clement could give us that production.

Hopefully, you are not really that dense in your dislike for Elliott.

Proof

Reaction score
The point is that you don't get to slant the criteria to fit your narrative. The rushing champ is the one with most yards.. just as the home run champ is the one with the most home runs.. The stolen base champ is the one with the most stolen bases and so on.

sure, the guy didn’t slant anything though just said what he thinks it should be. homeruns and steals are a better proper volume based stats imo