Zeke: 18 Carries, 35 yards

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Elliott commented after the game that he was surprised at the energy and the physicalness that the Saints played with, he said it was like a playoff game. That tells me that one team was ready to play and one team wasn't.
:(

That's an inexcusable comment from one of your teams key players. That's not Garrett's fault. "Surprised at the energy and physicalness'? You kidding me? Sunday Night Football at home against a "marquee" opponent. You think the Saints forgot about last year? No question you had to expect a spirited effort. But no, our key player was expecting preseason game #2.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Give him 51 carries last night and he would have gotten a 100 yard game, proving once again he is hands down the best RB in the league with no close 2nd. :laugh:

aria

Reaction score
Don’t worry about fumbles, they’re irrelevant. Zeke is the best at getting “dirty yards”.

Listening to these idiots on local DFW radio “I don’t know Zeke as a fumbler”. Are you kidding me?! The overpaid diva had 6 fumbles last year, good for 2nd most in the league and these jack holes don’t know him as a “fumbler”?!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak is the leader.

Its always the leaders fault.

If not, he's not a leader.

You see anyone else throw for 80 yards in the first half?

Wait but when we win you give everyone but Dak credit, I thought he was the leader?

The leader of this team didn't limit us to a possession per quarter, the leader of this team didn't have two drops on 3rd down, the leader of this team didn't have two fumbles killing drives. Miss me with the leader BS, a player can play well and us still lose. That's football.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke was terrible. Sure he had the fumble, but he also lost a yard on a 2nd and 1 with 6 minutes left trailing by 2. Had he converted that into a first down like he's paid to do, we probably get into FG range. He gave us no chance.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Don’t worry about fumbles, they’re irrelevant. Zeke is the best at getting “dirty yards”.

Listening to these idiots on local DFW radio “I don’t know Zeke as a fumbler”. Are you kidding me?! The overpaid diva had 6 fumbles last year, good for 2nd most in the league and these jack holes don’t know him as a “fumbler”?!

That's like 2.5 mill per year, per fumble. But, "he's a beast that can't be replaced."

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's an inexcusable comment from one of your teams key players. That's not Garrett's fault

Not entirely Zeke's fault, Garrett has no obligation to point out the Saints lost last year to Dallas, or that it was in the Dome, etc?

That's the very definition of being a head coach, to get your players ready mentally for the game, the trainers and assisnt coaches handle the physical part, Garrett's "low key" approach screwed this team this game big time.

But really, I'm only really upset at this loss because I'll hear all the local Saints fans ask "what happened to your Cowboys?".

I was not in the least surprised they lost. Beat them last year, at home, by 3 measly points, and if not for a bad throw by Brees, very possible they win last year.

Team loss - penalties, fumbles (doesn't matter if Zeke did or not, it was called one), dropped passes, poor play calling offensively and defensively, missed pass to Cobb in the end zone (but that was early, didn't lose the game).

Probably good for the Cowboys, the taste of humble pie usually lingers.

They now know what they need to do. Can they do it?