News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Speed and quickness are important in that it helps a back to actually get through the hole and it helps you threaten the corner, which in turn, makes the defense honor the edge. However, you still have to make yards and a guy who can run it between the tackles and give you 4 yards consistently is worth their weight in gold in the NFL.

Speed tails off after a few seasons in the NFL. Cook has only started something like 24/25 games in the NFL. Eventaully he will slow down and have to run between the tackles a bit more.

vlad

Reaction score
I saw this article and kind of laughed.

Some of these new stats are so silly......

Speed at the line of scrimmage. I mean Leveon Bell would have been at like 2 mph when he was playing at Pittsburgh in his heyday! What does this have to do with playing RB in the NFL

Well said. Gotta find the new "40 time" to sell I guess. Wasn't it in Zeke's first two games his rookie year that people were saying he was hitting the hole too early and needed to slow down? Of course it all depends on scheme too.

quickccc

Reaction score
Who is trading zeke for cook? I think this is the first year hes going to have 1000 yards rushing :facepalm:

maybe, but between a season ending serious ACL tear ..and a dumb OC ( joe piplillo something) who absolutely refuse to run the ball (en route to Zimmer firing him mid season)
Cook really hasn't had the chance to put it all on full display until this year. Reportedly he had a first round grade on Cowboys value board and among those available with their 1st rd pick
even though Cook slid to the 2nd round to the Vikes.

But we all know the Cowboys simply were not going to select another RB that high with Zeke already onboard, regardless of their draft value " of Best available Player " draft board.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
The first one.

Cook might actually have better burst, but in practice it's b/c Zeke is purposely slower to set up blocks and wait for a cut to open up.
Yup, just another reason why I don't like all these "little" stats in football...leave that to baseball, I remember watching a game a while ago and the announcer started "well, Joe Blow bats .250 with runners in scoring position, at night, on astroturf, on the road, when its a full moon and west of the Mississippi.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In the past three games, Elliott and Cook's production has been about the same.

Elliott has rushed 73 times for 335 yards (4.5) and 2 TDs. Cook has rushed 69 times for 311 yards (4.5) and 3 TDs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
maybe, but between a season ending serious ACL tear ..and a dumb OC ( joe piplillo something) who absolutely refuse to run the ball (en route to Zimmer firing him mid season)
Cook really hasn't had the chance to put it all on full display until this year. Reportedly he had a first round grade on Cowboys value board and among those available with their 1st rd pick
even though Cook slid to the 2nd round to the Vikes.

But we all know the Cowboys simply were not going to select another RB that high with Zeke already onboard, regardless of their draft value " of Best available Player " draft board.
Bottom line is theres only a few rbs that Zeke haters would trade him for and Cook isnt one of them. Not saying hes not good but hes too injury prone for me. Mcaffrey and Barkley i understand even though i wouldnt trade Zeke for them but i understand those that would

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Zeke only has about 2 years of his current level of play left....if that. Most RBs come into the NFL already in their prime. Zeke is better than most of the RBs in the NFL but he is no longer the best. Although I would say with out a doubt he is the best between the tackles.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Zeke only has about 2 years of his current level of play left....if that. Most RBs come into the NFL already in their prime. Zeke is better than most of the RBs in the NFL but he is no longer the best. Although I would say with out a doubt he is the best between the tackles.
You’ve forced me to dust off my Magic 8-Ball. Maybe we’ll have the same outcome.

kumizi

Reaction score
Who is trading zeke for cook? I think this is the first year hes going to have 1000 yards rushing :facepalm:
1. No one is saying trade for Cook. We’re saying in one facet of the game, Zeke is clearly not a top running back. Explosiveness or home run ability.

2. Tell me how many pro bowlers Cook runs behind.

I think Zeke is an elite RB. I wish he’d lose some weight or whatever it is so we can see 30, 40 yard runs like rookie Zeke.

kento40

Reaction score
Seems like just yesterday a bunch of cheerleaders called us idiots for saying Zeke was lacking explosiveness this year. Here is it is clear as day.
Yup, we were "haters" now I guess the raw stats are wrong as well.

efh313

Reaction score
Some people like sports cars and some like trucks.....

While I still think Zeke is a quality RB, in his rookie debut it seemed like we had found ourselves a SPORT TRUCK and that felt really special. He has not shown that same kind of attack/burst from the line.

When was the last time you saw him try and hurdle a tackler? I’ve seen plenty of low grabs...

Just sayin’...
;)

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
This is where I hate and love Zeke as my favorite RB in the league. I like that he's humble and gives a lot of credit to the line, but he never gives himself the credit that he is the best back in the league. which he is,