News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

blueblood70

Reaction score
based on what? his production? do you doubt players have tanked after being signed? do you think its ok for players to say "ok, i got paid, im ejecting"
Yes I dio m not these players.. hes top 5 this year very productive very available ..thats not tanking..

what happened to Kamara? Bell, Gurley? Johnson? kid from Denver? Conner? most hurt or severe drop off from 2018.. Zeke top 5 and coming on is tanking?..what a troll joke you are my friend..

Zekes fine he snot tanking sorry thats for hater so called fans are saying because he got paid and another back or two are having better seasons, happens every year but Zeke is consistent and still relative.. hes on pace for 10+ Tds and 1300+ yards , thats tanking? lmao

you and roy can go hold hands brah.. its not real..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cook is the best RB in the NFL, Barkley would probably be the guy if he were healthy.

I don't think Barkley would ever be that guy. He's a home run hitter. He's not a guy who is going to be the staple to the Offense, to me. That's going to have to be somebody else. I think I like Cook, from what I've seen, more so far.

JMO

InTheZone

Reaction score
thats what we pay him for. The players and owners should both get that contract and have language that states if you dont earn your new contract it can be revoked. this is embarrasing.
To be fair a lot of 2nd contracts are rewards for outplaying the previous contract. It's not like a normal job that gets a promotion then you have different responsibilities to fulfill.

And chill...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
When has a running back held out all of training camp, come back and ball? I’m sure anyone that can be named are y’all of famers. Ask the chargers how that Melvin Gordon thing is going. There were people on here who said they’d rather pay Gordon a little less than Zeke to play for Dallas. Zeke isn’t appreciated and it’s sad

ShiningStar

Reaction score
To be fair a lot of 2nd contracts are rewards for outplaying the previous contract. It's not like a normal job that gets a promotion then you have different responsibilities to fulfill.

And chill...

he was not awarded that, if he had a good contract, well it is a good contract, but if it was a contract that fullfilled that parameter i agree, but he wanted to be paid the number 1 RB because he felt he was and he isnt. The end.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
When has a running back held out all of training camp, come back and ball? I’m sure anyone that can be named are y’all of famers. Ask the chargers how that Melvin Gordon thing is going. There were people on here who said they’d rather pay Gordon a little less than Zeke to play for Dallas. Zeke isn’t appreciated and it’s sad

who held him out? who held out to be paid the number 1 RB?

did Dallas force him to hold out to be paid that much better?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
who held him out? who held out to be paid the number 1 RB?

did Dallas force him to hold out to be paid that much better?
Missed the point. He held out and is still great. Other mortal rbs look like trash (Gordon) or get injured. Put respect on 21 name

InTheZone

Reaction score
Compared to his rookie season, Zeke looks like he's lacking burst and a second gear in the hole...I don't know if he has an injury to his lower body but he doesn't look like the same back to me..
Against the Giants he took a hit to the knee it looked and he came out for a few plays after. He also looked to hurt his knee or ankle on a different game this year when he was trying to land but I don't remember him coming out.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Compared to his rookie season, Zeke looks like he's lacking burst and a second gear in the hole...I don't know if he has an injury to his lower body but he doesn't look like the same back to me..

To me, based on the last couple of games, I think his burst is fine. It's his tackle breaking that I think need imrpovement.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I was down on zeke but some of you are still this down after last week?

He ran hard as hell. He looks like his old self with slightly less burst.

I'm excited to see if he turns it up a notch knowing Cook is on the other side.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yup, just another reason why I don't like all these "little" stats in football...leave that to baseball, I remember watching a game a while ago and the announcer started "well, Joe Blow bats .250 with runners in scoring position, at night, on astroturf, on the road, when its a full moon and west of the Mississippi.
I guess I do and don't agree with this lol.

This data is really good not because or what it means for each individual, physically, but it's really representative of their style of play. For instance, if you're crossing the LOS consistently at a high speed, it likely means you're running I-form, man-blocking schemes and just hitting a hole (AP). If you're slow, it probably means you're running a lot of draws or out of shotgun and picking a lane (Bell). I think it's good for that. I think it's horrible for saying OMG COOK IS SO MUCH MORE EXPLOSIVE THAN ZEKE.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't think Barkley would ever be that guy. He's a home run hitter. He's not a guy who is going to be the staple to the Offense, to me. That's going to have to be somebody else. I think I like Cook, from what I've seen, more so far.

JMO

Barkley finished as the 2nd leading rusher in the entire NFL last year in just his rookie year ..and second to only Zeke in the NFL.
He's not a straight line guy and he's not a finesse guy, but he is also one of the most difficult RBs to have to corral and tackle one on one as you see defenders just sliding off him like grease
a good number of times.
With his success depends upon the development of their OL and the creativity of their offensive coaches, in how to properly use him.
I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be in the mention as a top rushing guy among the entire NFL

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Remember his first two games as a rookie? He was not good. Much lament here about wasting that pic on a bust. He would take the ball and hit the line as fast as he could. The coaches calmed him down and got him to be patient and let the blocking develop.

He didn't seem like the same guy in all respects out of the gate this year. A switch was flipped in the Jets game and he came out in the second half the old Zeke, running hard and finishing his runs.

The Giants secondary had had enough of him in the first quarter.

I've got no problem with Zeke.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I love how people get hung up on one metric (speed at the LOS) and throw out the rest of the info.

Proof

Reaction score
Cook is phenomenal, and he's having an incredible year. Zeke is on his 4th straight awesome year. There's honestly not another back in the league that can say the same.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you arent trading cook for zeke then i have nothing further to say to you except enjoy 21s greatness like i am.
Zeke comments basically confirm what many of us have been saying about Zeke. That he doesn't look right and has appeared to lose some speed and suffers from an inability to make open tackle moves. Even Zeke himself agrees.

The other debate is whether he is worth 15 million.

The Zeke cry babies don't like to hear the reality of it.

Zeke just confirmed reality.