Zeke Advanced Efficiency Stats

iamliko22

Reaction score
You mean you use the EYE TEST?

(I'm being facetious towards the funny bunnies that would rather use cherry picked stats...rather than just look. They think it makes them more in the know. )
Pretty clear to me.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I too am not happy with Zeke's production and very frustrated with his play, but you are not comparing apples to apples here. Cook has been in the league for 4 years, and has played a whopping 36 games. He has no mileage on his body and has 2900 rushing yards, where Zeke has played in 65 games with 6000 yards rushing. If when games played and rush yards are comparable you have more of a point.
I don’t really care about the mileage. I care about production value. The NFL is about results, regardless of the circumstances. Zeke isn’t getting it done. That’s all I’m comparing it to

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
2590BAAC-CBDD-4833-8D39-EEF93CAA4949.png

The narrative that Zeke always faces a stacked box is untrue. The stats here prove it.

In 2020, he’s facing an average of 6.3 defenders in the box, per run. That average ranks 62nd among all running backs. Zeke faces an 8-man box only 12% of the time, which is the 39th most among all running backs. And against a stacked box, Zeke averages 2.0 yards per carry.

Zeke is average, at best. He’s not a home run threat anymore, and defenses know it.

So to all of the Zeke defenders out there: PLEASE, find a new argument to use, because the “he opens things up for the rest of the offense because he garners so much attention” angle is fake news.
I brought this up in another thread..

Zeke has had a lot of off the field issues to deal with.

The dog attack and flash online attacks of him over it..

the dinner parties at Dak's house where too many attended..

the contracting of the virus..

the loss of his OL and his QB..

They are still discovering side effects people have had who got sick from covid.

Depression..lung scaring..reduced energy levels..chest pains..

every day another story appears.

I think people need to wake up and stop worrying about their own shallow reasons for complaining..

and be more logical and wait for more information.

Too much snap judgement makes you look irresponsible.

Hello?

JBond

Reaction score
…..I'm beginning to wonder if you been listening to someone else, too much? When all else fails, go with the eye test.....The plays called, the packages, missed blocks, now the QB out there, and the same OC on the sideline. And before you get started, no one is excusing fumbles. Next up: Why our WRs should be released....their numbers are definitely down now.
Look at explosive plays. 20+ yards. He is is a shell of his former rookie self. Any back can be a situational power back if they are big enough and have decent knees/hips to drive forward. Not sure why he lost his mojo. Trips over a hand now when he used to hurdle defenders at full speed.

Cmac

Reaction score
Look at explosive plays. 20+ yards. He is is a shell of his former rookie self. Any back can be a situational power back if they are big enough and have decent knees/hips to drive forward. Not sure why he lost his mojo. Trips over a hand now when he used to hurdle defenders at full speed.
Ooookkkkaaaay.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You mean you use the EYE TEST?

(I'm being facetious towards the funny bunnies that would rather use cherry picked stats...rather than just look. They think it makes them more in the know. )
exactly IMHO My eyes say not one thing in 2020 is better then 2016..odd pick one player and say se see and yet really that 2016 team was better in every way then 2020 2-7 DC Team as it stands right now..

ghst187

Reaction score
I think is still a very good player and I have been a big zeke supporter but I was NOT a fan of handing him that contract and had he been forced to play out his first contract I don’t believe we would’ve given him the second....because as we can all see, he’s not the same level player he was. Zero home runs anymore. Pollard looks like the better player this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
not an excuse VALID REASONS , enough of them to give them mulligan for this tear..

sorry but its been nightmare of injuries and things with new staff has been unsettled and inconsistent..cant be judge individual in year like this..

its make zero sense to do so but the sharks smell blood in the water around here and like to regurgitate their narratives to pounce on players while down..

i can see through the mess , they still wear the star and deserve our support. I should say mine.. so if you dont like that , sorry.....some of us can see the forest through the trees..

He hasn't been elite for a few years. We made a mistake signing him to that huge extension. In a cap age, spending that much on a TB is bad business largely because of the wear and tear and how they get worn down. Sure enough, it's happening to Zeke. The Cards regretted signing Johnson, the Rams regretted signing Gurley. And now we are likely heading down a similar path.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He hasn't been elite for a few years. We made a mistake signing him to that huge extension. In a cap age, spending that much on a TB is bad business largely because of the wear and tear and how they get worn down. Sure enough, it's happening to Zeke. The Cards regretted signing Johnson, the Rams regretted signing Gurley. And now we are likely heading down a similar path.
blah blah blah blah..yawn

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Now show pollard next.

8052B520-C52B-4A84-9B58-3EAFDA87AEF5.png

And just for giggles, let’s compare Zeke to Dalvin Cook, by the same metrics.

Kind of embarrassing/scary, huh?

Cook faces a stacked box 35% of the time and still averages over 5 ypc. And don’t get me started on the drastic difference in big play capability between the two backs.

All of this doesn’t even start to mention the salary difference between the two. Cook just signed his extension at ~66% of the total $ value of Zeke’s contract.

That production margin is staggering.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Come on, man. Dalvin Cook plays with freaking KIRK COUSINS at QB (and an average offensive line) and he’s tearing the league apart.

It’s not a “narrative” to say that Zeke has drastically regressed. Stats and common sense prove it. It doesn’t make me a “hater” to point it out; it makes me realistic.

I call things as they are. You can’t tell me that you think 2020 Zeke would run the same if he could magically teleport back to 2016 and run behind that line. He wouldn’t.
HIs line is far from average. Its better than Zekes, so are Cleveland and the titans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
those RBS had major injurys concerns , Zekes down year is obvious..its the OL its the OC it having no QB now its a lot of things to not be concerned about like those players..Barkley hurt Chubb hurt, fournette hurt yes oh CM hurt..cooks missed a ton of time/..Zeke has NOT

Zeke will be fine when the OL and DAK get back and we have any sign of a defense..

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
those RBS had major injurys concerns , Zekes down year is obvious..its the OL its the OC it having no QB now its a lot of things to not be concerned about like those players..Barkley hurt Chubb hurt, fournette hurt yes oh CM hurt..cooks missed a ton of time/..Zeke has NOT

Zeke will be fine when the OL and DAK get back and we have any sign of a defense..
also look at pollards entire season. Don't forget the games where he came in and ran worse than zeke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
also look at pollards entire season. Don't forget the games where he came in and ran worse than zeke.
no need to knock pollard but yes anytime pollards ran it 10+ times this year hes at the same YPC clip zekes at with 3times the carrys..its our TEAM thats the issue..without a qb threat, an ol, and defense..obvious to why the run game is suffering..

DanA

Reaction score
EPA = -29.2 #164

Ouch! That's saying that he's *harming* the team, and by a lot.

http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/stats/stats-explained/expected-points-and-epa-explained

Defensive "men in the box" stats are meaningless w/o normalization for how many players the *offense* also has in the box.

This!

I’m not saying Zeke is good but teams that play 12 personnel with good TE’s or with a pro-bowl full back should see more stacked boxes. We don’t have a fullback and all and our TE’s are below average. Instead we have three great WR’s so we should see less men in the box, that’s hardly a reflection on Zeke.

But the fumbles, drops, poor YPC, and yards after contact are pretty damning. No doubt about it, Zeke’s been trash.