Zeke Advanced Efficiency Stats

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
so do these stats take into account 2 free defenders on him what seems like far too often? Because when it happens to Pollard everyone's quiet, but when it happens to zeke quite frequently it seems like many are ready to pounce on him. His situation feels very similar to Dez, people couldn't wait for him to be less successful.
Dez is the perfect example. A player that needs a ton of excuses to explain when they can’t produce to the level they are paid to do so and it’s everybody else’s fault except theirs, according to their biggest fans.

I guess Zeke is just another one of our superstars that needs the best of everything around him in order not to suck. He is lucky he was drafted by the Cowboys and our line so he could live up to expectations for a year.

Cmac

Reaction score
Eye test sayz that Zeke is nothing close to best back, nothing close to top 10. Eye test has said for a while that Zeke a JAG.
Ok....just curious about the redundancy and obsession with Zeke analytics, over and over......I'd ask are there other issues with this team. This topic is like a scratched 45 and dismissive of the rampant failures on this team. Just sayin'.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dez is the perfect example. A player that needs a ton of excuses to explain when they can’t produce to the level they are paid to do so and it’s everybody else’s fault except theirs, according to their biggest fans.

I guess Zeke is just another one of our superstars that needs the best of everything around him in order not to suck. He is lucky he was drafted by the Cowboys and our line so he could live up to expectations for a year.
Come on now. Dez produced every year except for his last and you know so many were excited they had even more of a reason to hate him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are proving my point. TBs get a lot of wear and tear and either regress or get hurt. The fact Zeke hasn't missed time doesn't make him an elite back because his production hasn't been elite for a few years. He no longer has breakaway potential. He's not a HR threat. He's a grind it out type TB. He's not a threat to break a long TD run. He's not a threat to take a screen and go 50 yards for a TD.

It's amazing you guys watch him play and think, gee, that guy is elite still.

And note, I am not one of these guys saying he stinks. He's still a good TB. But he's overvalued by fans here and he's overpaid. That's just reality.
its amazing the little you remember about football players around the league considered élite and either omit the facts or just have selective memory

Emmitt smith played 13 years in this league, a back much like Zeke considered a bell cow volume back speed was average didnt have a lot of breakaway speed and yet ended #1 nd in the HOF..Guess what 6 Years he finished with with under 4.0 YPC, one year 4YPC, 2 years with 4.1-4.5, two years at above 4.5 and one year at over 5. JUST ONE!!

Its crazy how zekes first bad year correlates with horrible line, no QB threat., and a terrible defense and new coaching staff but the lone Holdover is KM who rather pass 50times game.. yet Emmitt smith had 6 years in his career where his averages were under 4 SIX!

go look, Eddie George same thing, Jerome Bettis same thing etc etc etc

there are many kinds of backs and all are elite in their own way and Zeke not a shifty super fast scat back or one who ever was truly a speed back..he had some , was faste rtthen ES ever was but he is truly a bck you buld and offesne around and thats your identity RUN first , PA pass and own TOP wear down defenses..

guess what we actually were a playoff teams , best years were Zekes offense, the KM shift to Pass first not design or call run lays efficiently and tye and turn dak into

hers is the issue zekes dallas Cowboys Contract already dried 2 years ago, his cap says hes here another year maybe 2..

so quit with the constant threads trying to make case to why he shouldnt have got drafted or paid..it HAPPENED its OVER its in the past but the haters posting stats i have them at my disposal and can fins Backs in Zekes mold whom, were considered great and elite that have the same exact numbers..they in fact had many years like zekes having tis year..

sure this years fumbles were unacceptable but hey Russell Wilson started 6-0 this season because they limited TOs, funny hes now responsible for 9 of the 10 turnovers in the last 3 games that were all LOSSES/ 9 turnovers in 3 games, zeke has basically two bad fumble games in a row 5 total TOS all year and RW has 10 in 3 games and yet well hes élite.. LMAO..right selective memory, zekes not likable guy to most of you and not liking him personally has skewed your actual bias..

sorry man its the truth and really keep harping on the past and things that cant be changed ,definition of insanity..

Sydla

Reaction score
its amazing the little you remember about football players around the league considered élite and either omit the facts or just have selective memory

Emmitt smith played 13 years in this league, a back much like Zeke considered a bell cow volume back speed was average didnt have a lot of breakaway speed and yet ended #1 nd in the HOF..Guess what 6 Years he finished with with under 4.0 YPC, one year 4YPC, 2 years with 4.1-4.5, two years at above 4.5 and one year at over 5. JUST ONE!!

Its crazy how zekes first bad year correlates with horrible line, no QB threat., and a terrible defense and new coaching staff but the lone Holdover is KM who rather pass 50times game.. yet Emmitt smith had 6 years in his career where his averages were under 4 SIX!

go look, Eddie George same thing, Jerome Bettis same thing etc etc etc

there are many kinds of backs and all are elite in their own way and Zeke not a shifty super fast scat back or one who ever was truly a speed back..he had some , was faste rtthen ES ever was but he is truly a bck you buld and offesne around and thats your identity RUN first , PA pass and own TOP wear down defenses..

guess what we actually were a playoff teams , best years were Zekes offense, the KM shift to Pass first not design or call run lays efficiently and tye and turn dak into

hers is the issue zekes dallas Cowboys Contract already dried 2 years ago, his cap says hes here another year maybe 2..

so quit with the constant threads trying to make case to why he shouldnt have got drafted or paid..it HAPPENED its OVER its in the past but the haters posting stats i have them at my disposal and can fins Backs in Zekes mold whom, were considered great and elite that have the same exact numbers..they in fact had many years like zekes having tis year..

sure this years fumbles were unacceptable but hey Russell Wilson started 6-0 this season because they limited TOs, funny hes now responsible for 9 of the 10 turnovers in the last 3 games that were all LOSSES/ 9 turnovers in 3 games, zeke has basically two bad fumble games in a row 5 total TOS all year and RW has 10 in 3 games and yet well hes élite.. LMAO..right selective memory, zekes not likable guy to most of you and not liking him personally has skewed your actual bias..

sorry man its the truth and really keep harping on the past and things that cant be changed ,definition of insanity..

The problem is that you view everything through a blue and silver prism. It's clear you struggle to say negative things about the Cowboys, whether it's defending Nolan or Elliott or whomever. You are just wired to think they are better than they really are because, simply, they are Cowboys so therefore they have to better.

Zeke was a talented kid coming out of college. One of the more talented kids in that draft. But he played TB and I have made my feelings known on TBs for years. They are a fungible position. You can win without investing a ton of money or draft capital into the position. It's also a position that sees a higher propensity for injury and wear and tear than most positions. The data shows most TBs start to tail off sooner than peers at other positions - again largely tied to the sheer nature of the contact they receive, etc. I thought the Cowboys were right to let Murray walk. I think they made a mistake drafting a TB in the Top 5. I think they compounded that mistake paying a TB a ton of money. Then, as you keep saying, the TB position is completely dependent on everything else around him. He needs a good OL, he needs good QB play, he needs good WRs............. you keep pointing out these excuses as for why Elliott doesn't look "elite" but you are making my argument here for me. Why in the world would you invest so much in a position that requires so many other things to work well just for them to succeed? It makes no sense.

Look at all the elite big time TBs that were either drafted really high or were paid a ton of money. What have their teams won?

You simply struggle to admit reality because reality interferes with your homerism. I get it. I wish Zeke was still a complete stud with game breaking ability that could overcome other issues this team faces, but he's not. He hasn't been that guy since maybe his rookie or 2nd year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The problem is that you view everything through a blue and silver prism. It's clear you struggle to say negative things about the Cowboys, whether it's defending Nolan or Elliott or whomever. You are just wired to think they are better than they really are because, simply, they are Cowboys so therefore they have to better.

Zeke was a talented kid coming out of college. One of the more talented kids in that draft. But he played TB and I have made my feelings known on TBs for years. They are a fungible position. You can win without investing a ton of money or draft capital into the position. It's also a position that sees a higher propensity for injury and wear and tear than most positions. The data shows most TBs start to tail off sooner than peers at other positions - again largely tied to the sheer nature of the contact they receive, etc. I thought the Cowboys were right to let Murray walk. I think they made a mistake drafting a TB in the Top 5. I think they compounded that mistake paying a TB a ton of money. Then, as you keep saying, the TB position is completely dependent on everything else around him. He needs a good OL, he needs good QB play, he needs good WRs............. you keep pointing out these excuses as for why Elliott doesn't look "elite" but you are making my argument here for me. Why in the world would you invest so much in a position that requires so many other things to work well just for them to succeed? It makes no sense.

Look at all the elite big time TBs that were either drafted really high or were paid a ton of money. What have their teams won?

You simply struggle to admit reality because reality interferes with your homerism. I get it. I wish Zeke was still a complete stud with game breaking ability that could overcome other issues this team faces, but he's not. He hasn't been that guy since maybe his rookie or 2nd year.

no none of that is true..

you can make case for highest paid Xplayer at Xposition of late is that an autos win? how many Bad contracts are QBs , too many too list and they cost 2.5 time's more then a TB.. sorry the narrative doesnt matter and no one said Nolan good and yes Zekes great he was élite coming out and when used correctly he would still be at least the TB that he was 2016-2019 but everything around him changed

I said Nolan and this staff deserve more then year and 90% of any sane person can see that holds true..those wanting players always cut, traded, and coaches , gms fired are the issue around here..thats not the reality's of business , thats fantasy football..

common sense should prevail, nothing about homerism, this is pure common sense and most of you do NOT have any..many of you simply want to be right and push narratives on other fans that dont hold water because they CAN NOT BE CHANGED..YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST..

Sydla

Reaction score
no none of that is true..

you can make case for highest paid Xplayer at Xposition of late is that an autos win? how many Bad contracts are QBs , too many too list and they cost 2.5 time's more then a TB.. sorry the narrative doesnt matter and no one said Nolan good and yes Zekes great he was élite coming out and when used correctly he would still be at least the TB that he was 2016-2019 but everything around him changed

I said Nolan and this staff deserve more then year and 90% of any sane person can see that holds true..those wanting players always cut, traded, and coaches , gms fired are the issue around here..thats not the reality's of business , thats fantasy football..

common sense should prevail, nothing about homerism, this is pure common sense and most of you do NOT have any..many of you simply want to be right and push narratives on other fans that dont hold water because they CAN NOT BE CHANGED..YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST..

Nah, it's largely homerism. You can see it in almost all your posts. You bristle every single time at any criticism of a coach or player.

Common sense tells you Elliott is a good back at this point, not a great one. Every stat, every game, indicates a good, not great TB. We are overpaying our TB. That's just reality.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hilarious to me that some "exerts" think Zeke should be elite with 16 carries a game, while the QB throws 50-60 times a game, while #1 and #2 QB's are hurt (got QBs starting that weren't even on the team last year or start of THIS year), retirements/injuries on the o-line, covid and his own injuries. A coaching staff trying to find it's identity (and on it's way, imho).

Zeke should have 15 carries in the first HALF! If the team isn't so dysfunctional to start with.

Remember when Daksters forgave 2019 Eagles game "because he was hurt"?
Remember when (still) people said "Zeke isn't elite because of number of carries"?
In Emmitt's best years he averaged about 23 per game

And don't give me some phantom stat you found about "accelerated vacuum integral tangential blocking win rate". Inside The Star noted O-line problems in 2019 and there's been little resources to correct it.

I have to agree....Zeke is having some problems right now. There's no doubt of it. But if your first and only instinct is to mercilessly bash him (and with personal insults to boot) ...well you just might not be a good person.

But..the MONEY DUDE>..the MONEY!!!!!!

Just an excuse.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, it's largely homerism. You can see it in almost all your posts. You bristle every single time at any criticism of a coach or player.

Common sense tells you Elliott is a good back at this point, not a great one. Every stat, every game, indicates a good, not great TB. We are overpaying our TB. That's just reality.

Just so you know...my post is not directed at you. At this moment in time, it surely could be viewed that way. And I don;t see the bashing on your part.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just so you know...my post is not directed at you. At this moment in time, it surely could be viewed that way. And I don;t see the bashing on your part.

I didn't take it that way. I just think people are coming up with excuses for Elliott at this point when the simpler answer is that he's just not as great as he was as a rookie. He just lacks explosion at this point. He's a tough runner, for sure, But he's not the big play guy people think he is.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That line made him $100 million

Well, I partially take that back. Zeke was a monster his first year+. So he and that great line were the perfect combo. But no more. He would probably still average like 4.2 yards if we could teleport the 2016 line to 2020

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok....just curious about the redundancy and obsession with Zeke analytics, over and over......I'd ask are there other issues with this team. This topic is like a scratched 45 and dismissive of the rampant failures on this team. Just sayin'.
If 90% of the team sucks, does that dismiss the obvious fact that Zeke sucks also? Should we give him a pass for underperforming and not being the best version of himself only because other players are underperforming also?

Look around this board. There are plenty of posts that criticize nearly every member of the Cowboys organization. But for whatever reason, you’re taking it personally when we point out that Zeke (who loves to gloat about being the engine of the Cowboys) is producing the same numbers that an UFA could.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

But it’s everyone else’s fault, man. Just ask blueblood, he’ll tell ya!

I’m not sure why some people get so worked up at the truth. You’re right, Zeke is not the same back he was in college or 2016. Do I wish he was still the same back? Of course! We’d be a much better team if he were. But I (and it sounds like, you) are not going to let our fandom of the Cowboys overshadow realities. It’s not being a “hater” at all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry to say Ezekiel Elliott's performance has sadly declined gradually ever since his early years in the league.

Once Jerruh paid him so generously after his holdout, he just became a shell of the running back he once was.

I'm certain that we fondly remember his good times, as a rookie, when he gained so many yards for long gains.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is about the next party. Football is an interesting hobby to him

When you have his body type, you have to treat it like a temple. He'll be 300+ pounds a few short years after he quits playing because he has that build.

He's slowing down rapidly. Can't break a tackle. Can't outrun a linebacker anymore, let alone a safety.

He's two years from being done most likely. But he got his weed money, so he's fine with it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL .. I almost didn't read this because I could see where it was headed without reading one word of it. Look people.. not one person here has said that Zeke is having a good year.. He's not.. What we disagree on is why .. I'm not interested in yet another made up "metric" that supports this brain dead narrative. People who claim "he has not been elite for a few years" need to splain how he led the NFL in rushing two years ago and was 4th last year but was not elite. "Eluded tackles" is like "drops" for receivers.. It's 100% subjective. One guy's "eluded tackle" is another guy's "defender stumbled or slipped." Zeke is 225 pounds.. He doesn't have to elude tackles the way Cook or Pollard does.. He can run through them.. The "Zeke doesn't see stacked boxes" is also some made up crap. Watch the games.. Count how many guys are within 5 yards of the ball. Who cares if two of the defenders are outside the tackle box if they're standing just outside and they immediately attack the line of scrimmage and are in the backfield at the snap. You know why teams are lining defenders up just outside the tackle box? To mess up the stacked box statistics? No.. it's because we don't have power players at center and LG and we have had crap for tackles. So a defense can line a guy up in a 7 or 8 technique and get him into our backfield untouched many times because our tackles are not athletic enough to get to them and none of our tight ends are any good at blocking. Then they can push Williams back into the play and our rookie center (or Looney) can maybe get a stalemate but they aint helping out with any backer filling.

It's clear to any but the casual observer that Zeke is the focus of every defense he faces especially now. This idiotic notion that teams are respecting the passing game while we've been rolling the Three Stooges out and QB is being foisted upon us by people with an agenda. Zeke's having a crappy year. Before Dak and the entire o-line got hurt he was 2nd or 3rd in the league in rushing and was averaging like 4.4 ypc. Shockingly it has been harder for him to gain yards with defenses treating the passing game like we got Bobby Douglass at QB. How anyone thinks this is some great revelation is a complete mystery to me.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's hilarious to me that some "exerts" think Zeke should be elite with 16 carries a game, while the QB throws 50-60 times a game, while #1 and #2 QB's are hurt (got QBs starting that weren't even on the team last year or start of THIS year), retirements/injuries on the o-line, covid and his own injuries. A coaching staff trying to find it's identity (and on it's way, imho).

Zeke should have 15 carries in the first HALF! If the team isn't so dysfunctional to start with. ( ya so we can get the occasional 10 yard carry and multiple 2 and 3 yarders)

Remember when Daksters forgave 2019 Eagles game "because he was hurt"? No he hasnt been forgiven I blame coaching staff for playing him but the other choice was rush)
Remember when (still) people said "Zeke isn't elite because of number of carries"?No Zeke isnt elite because he has **** for a birst and chooses wrong holes too much, he cant catch and he fumbles. Oh but remember his performance when he played for OSU? We picked the wrong guy at 4
In Emmitt's best years he averaged about 23 per game

And don't give me some phantom stat you found about "accelerated vacuum integral tangential blocking win rate". Inside The Star noted O-line problems in 2019 and there's been little resources to correct it.

I have to agree....Zeke is having some problems right now. There's no doubt of it. But if your first and only instinct is to mercilessly bash him (and with personal insults to boot) ...well you just might not be a good person.

But..the MONEY DUDE>..the MONEY!!!!!! thats part of the discussion! I mean it was part of the discussion for all the anti-Dakers and its turning out that Dak while his performance without Zeke was left alot to be desired is better than Zekes without Dak.

The fact of the matter is football is a team game and the circumstances this team has had this year and previous years are a response to how Jerry and company built this thing. They like their flashy toys but when something happens to the line or the pathetic defense shows its true colors or coaching blunders then you get what we have seen over the course of 6 years but as fans we will continue to single out things and players that don't appeal to us and assign blame there. I make no bones about it I don't care for Zeke. I thought it was a mistake in 2016 to take him and its clearly shown to be correct but this teams issues lay at the feet of some knucklehead's with the last name of Jones its not all Zeke or Dak or insert name.
Just an excuse.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Come on now. Dez produced every year except for his last and you know so many were excited they had even more of a reason to hate him.
Mmmmmm you might want to have a look at his last 3 years compared to the three before. FYI the last 3 came right after he held out and got his mega contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The Zeke argument has been one that has been going on since he was drafted. Both sides use good/bad stretches, games, or seasons to promote their agenda.

In a season where the great Zeke Eilliott had a chance to shine, be the focus of the offense and lead the offense, he has disappeared. Pollard is outshining him, when he gets the chance.

Now its not tough to see that the fall of the Oline has been a big problem. But the anti Zeke crowd has always told the Zeke fans that the great Oline was one of the things making Zeke look better than he was.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If 90% of the team sucks, does that dismiss the obvious fact that Zeke sucks also? Should we give him a pass for underperforming and not being the best version of himself only because other players are underperforming also?

Look around this board. There are plenty of posts that criticize nearly every member of the Cowboys organization. But for whatever reason, you’re taking it personally when we point out that Zeke (who loves to gloat about being the engine of the Cowboys) is producing the same numbers that an UFA could.
Absolutely NOT.