Zeke Advanced Efficiency Stats

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2590BAAC-CBDD-4833-8D39-EEF93CAA4949.png

The narrative that Zeke always faces a stacked box is untrue. The stats here prove it.

In 2020, he’s facing an average of 6.3 defenders in the box, per run. That average ranks 62nd among all running backs. Zeke faces an 8-man box only 12% of the time, which is the 39th most among all running backs. And against a stacked box, Zeke averages 2.0 yards per carry.

Zeke is average, at best. He’s not a home run threat anymore, and defenses know it.

So to all of the Zeke defenders out there: PLEASE, find a new argument to use, because the “he opens things up for the rest of the offense because he garners so much attention” angle is fake news.

been saying it for years now. No one fears Zeke. The DC's would love nothing more then to watch them hand him the ball. He simply cant hurt you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
…..I'm beginning to wonder if you been listening to someone else, too much? When all else fails, go with the eye test.....The plays called, the packages, missed blocks, now the QB out there, and the same OC on the sideline. And before you get started, no one is excusing fumbles. Next up: Why our WRs should be released....their numbers are definitely down now.

Eye test sayz that Zeke is nothing close to best back, nothing close to top 10. Eye test has said for a while that Zeke a JAG.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t really care about the mileage. I care about production value. The NFL is about results, regardless of the circumstances. Zeke isn’t getting it done. That’s all I’m comparing it to
no one on this team in 2020 "IS GETTING IT DONE"

SO LETS PULL THE CLAWS BACK IN HATER

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What is he in the top 10 in? Carries? Zeke has to be bottom of the league in most of the efficiency stuff.
He is currently 7th in yards but won’t be when the stats update. 3 players will pass him and 2 others will be close to passing him depending on how they close out this 2nd half.

Sydla

Reaction score
those RBS had major injurys concerns , Zekes down year is obvious..its the OL its the OC it having no QB now its a lot of things to not be concerned about like those players..Barkley hurt Chubb hurt, fournette hurt yes oh CM hurt..cooks missed a ton of time/..Zeke has NOT

Zeke will be fine when the OL and DAK get back and we have any sign of a defense..

You are proving my point. TBs get a lot of wear and tear and either regress or get hurt. The fact Zeke hasn't missed time doesn't make him an elite back because his production hasn't been elite for a few years. He no longer has breakaway potential. He's not a HR threat. He's a grind it out type TB. He's not a threat to break a long TD run. He's not a threat to take a screen and go 50 yards for a TD.

It's amazing you guys watch him play and think, gee, that guy is elite still.

And note, I am not one of these guys saying he stinks. He's still a good TB. But he's overvalued by fans here and he's overpaid. That's just reality.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is currently 7th in yards but won’t be when the stats update. 3 players will pass him and 2 others will be close to passing him depending on how they close out this 2nd half.

7th in yards, yah because he gets as many carries as anyone. The metrics tell a much difference story based on what he does with those carries compared to what everyone else does.

kumizi

Reaction score
more like advanced inefficiency stats...amirite hue hue hue

There is literally no basic stat, no advanced stat, and no eye test (unless you're blind) that says Zeke is still a good football player. And his extension hasn't even kicked in yet lolololol.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don’t really care about the mileage. I care about production value. The NFL is about results, regardless of the circumstances. Zeke isn’t getting it done. That’s all I’m comparing it to
I hear you, but my point was in comparing him to Cook. Cook will have duability issues way beyond Zeke I would think given the start of his career.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear you, but my point was in comparing him to Cook. Cook will have duability issues way beyond Zeke I would think given the start of his career.
Can’t argue with you there. You worry if Cook is gonna get injured way more than Zeke

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
8052B520-C52B-4A84-9B58-3EAFDA87AEF5.png

And just for giggles, let’s compare Zeke to Dalvin Cook, by the same metrics.

Kind of embarrassing/scary, huh?

Cook faces a stacked box 35% of the time and still averages over 5 ypc. And don’t get me started on the drastic difference in big play capability between the two backs.

All of this doesn’t even start to mention the salary difference between the two. Cook just signed his extension at ~66% of the total $ value of Zeke’s contract.

That production margin is staggering.

But otherwise a god in Cabo.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
no it is just he is a diva party boy who did not take his career seriously, and the jones boys in all their wisdom rewarded him like he was still that guy from 2016.
Elliott also has a big ego, he thought he was so good, he could not stay in shape, and just show up and play and still be great lol.

Meanwhile lesser guys who work hard, and take football career seriously have passed him up.
The jones boys made several mistakes,
1 not looking at his mental makeup in great detail.
2.letting him get away with showing up out of shape
3 extending him and making him the highest paid rb ever!!
4 using the # 4 pick in first place to take him, could have got a better value with
some other guys .Derrick henry was taken in round 2 cowboys could have had him.

I will say this ewok is still # 1 in a key area, lol GETTING PAID !!
He is better than any other rb in that stat lol
Good points..................Ramsey should have been the pick instead of Zeke.

InTheZone

Reaction score
so do these stats take into account 2 free defenders on him what seems like far too often? Because when it happens to Pollard everyone's quiet, but when it happens to zeke quite frequently it seems like many are ready to pounce on him. His situation feels very similar to Dez, people couldn't wait for him to be less successful.

zeke21

Reaction score
I love zeke.. but he has gone backwards and right now is not producing.

I partially blame Moore.. i hate how we call the game and we don't seem to know how to run the ball.. relies on OL (basically Martin) to create a hole through sheer force.. there is no misdirection, no crossover blocks.. nothing creative.

Zeke also looks disinterested and like he got his money. I'd look to offload him and try to cover some holes on the D

ultron

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.
5E13EEF0-9937-419D-B614-A91089BB5921.png

Pollard is averaging 5.5 ypc against a stacked box. And a big run rate % wayyyyyy higher than Zeke
Yea it seems like Pollard has the better ball carrier vision but Zeke is [arguably] more physically talented. Idk the shelf life of an NFL running back is very small. That’s what makes Emmitt’s record so unbelievable