Twitter: Zeke appreciates Witten's stiff arm

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That some folks don't like to see vets do well, and make sarcastic comments about how he only catches the ball and falls down. Basically the point is a lot of folks have the, love the rookie and backup syndrome, when they haven't done anything but they like the mystery of what they might do
In my opinion, Witten's only valid criticism are the occasional false starts, which all veteran offensive players should eliminate from their game as much as possible. All Hall of Famers aren't carbon copies but Witten is a Hall of Famer. Those criticizing him for not performing exactly like other Hall of Fame tight ends may have performed do so from a personally unfair and slanted platform.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
This should be a Jason Witten appreciation thread.

Random Jason Witten tidbit:
His 31 yard catch was the longest of the season for him so far. But did you know that if he doesn't catch a longer pass this season, 31 yards would be the lowest season-long of his career? His season-long of 33 yards in 2010 is currently his season-long "low".

chagus

Reaction score
After the stiff arm he even broke down and tried a juke! Awesome!

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I'm surprised there wasn't a call from the NFL office to the referee to flag Witten for a facemask...Then we could have the Witten rule to go along with all the other rules, the Cowboys have...but it was an awesome play...

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott ‏@EzekielElliott Oct 9

Old man stiff arm lol @JasonWitten #BigManWitten #GetTheManHisGoldJacketAlready

CuX_GeuUMAAED1a.jpg

"Get off my lawn!!"

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
And the announcer yelled "STIFF ARM" as Witten crushed the guy. :muttley:

manster4ever

Reaction score
That arm was stiff as all hell.

LOL...love me some JWit. He's like an old sherman tank when he gets rolling. Did you see the lil' Cinci DB bounce off him in the end zone? Looked like a skeeter pinging off my man. He's just a beauty.

manster4ever

Reaction score
The funnier play was when the defensive back tried to nail him in the end zone and just bounced off. Witten didn't even notice. LOL

Sorry, I didn't read up the page before I posted similar. Like I said, looked like a skeeter bouncing off JWit.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Vintage Witten..

Was good to see him rumbling down the field after a catch like he did a decade ago.

Him rolling heavy without his helmet and a broken nose was absolutely PREMIERE.