Twitter: Zeke Being Zeke

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
He forgot to do his "feed me" thing when he scraped his butt off from the ground.

Silly

Reaction score
Thats a 240 pound linebacker running untouched for 10 yards with a full head of steam, most RBs are going to lose in that situation.

I agree with you. However, I recall a game where a DT came free. I thought the QB was going to get killed, but then little Darren Sproles stepped up and made the block. He hit fat boy in the gut and it was over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You missed the point. Most likely on purpose so you can argue.

This thread is about his pass protection on a given play. The angry nerd mob jumps in incorrectly saying Zeke missed the block for all the wrong reasons.
A few posters clarified what actually happened on that play.

I won't speak for others even though you wish to put everyone in these little categories you can use to frame others viewpoints for them.
Is Zeke the same player as 4 years ago? Nope. Is he our problem and the reason we suck? Nope.
Am I foolish enough to believe Zeke should be as productive behind the worst offensive line in the NFL as we was behind the best offensive line in the NFL? Of course not. That seems to be a job you already have taken.

The Zeke argument is over. Many tried to act like Zeke was some football RB god, which he never was. Many of us tried to tell some of you all about it the last few years. We were told we didnt know what we were talking about.

Zeke was NOT as talented as some tried to portray. Zeke was a product of 2 things:

1. The great line
2. Tons of carries

Even with all that, he underperformed in my opinion. And now we are seeing quite clearly that not only is he NOT worth the money, but there is NOTHING special about Zeke other than the fact that he doesnt get hurt.

YOU DONT PAY BACKS BIG MONEY!!!

McCaffrey went down over in Carolina. His replacement, which is a journeyman, has been tearing up the league in his absence.

The Natural

Reaction score
I agree with you. However, I recall a game where a DT came free. I thought the QB was going to get killed, but then little Darren Sproles stepped up and made the block. He hit fat boy in the gut and it was over.
To the point I made earlier, a lot comes down to depth of the defender. Hell Zeke bailed out the OL a number of times in week 1 against Aaron Donald, its different when a guy has a free 10 yard run to the QB, defensive linemen dont get that.

cern

Reaction score
Just looks like these guys gave up in MM honestly. I’ve seen zeke make better attempt then that. The players are speaking through the play.
it's beginning to look that way more and more every week. other teams are relishing in beating us badly. the fight's fast disappearing from this dog. i think it's time or jerry to say something publicly regarding his team's poor performance. mac's new and doesn't want to upset the apple cart. but someone needs to do it. the team needs to hear from the highest authority. from jerry himself.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He doesnt need you defending him I am sure. But maybe you can learn what actually happened on that play so you can defend yourself against sounding like you have no idea what you are watching.
Bitter much?

Did I mention this play? Why do you feel the need to attack people over their opinions? I've defended him since the beginning and I'm not seeing the focus I used to. It's called an opinion, the only fact involved here is that you don't know what's going on in his head anymore than I do.

Grow up.

Sydla

Reaction score
You missed the point. Most likely on purpose so you can argue.

This thread is about his pass protection on a given play. The angry nerd mob jumps in incorrectly saying Zeke missed the block for all the wrong reasons.
A few posters clarified what actually happened on that play.

I won't speak for others even though you wish to put everyone in these little categories you can use to frame others viewpoints for them.
Is Zeke the same player as 4 years ago? Nope. Is he our problem and the reason we suck? Nope.
Am I foolish enough to believe Zeke should be as productive behind the worst offensive line in the NFL as we was behind the best offensive line in the NFL? Of course not. That seems to be a job you already have taken.

But it all ties into an overall analysis of the player. His pass protection has been suspect at times this year too. He's really not doing anything well.

And your last part is interesting because it undermines the devotion to him some of you have. The fact he needs a good OL to run the ball is precisely why it was silly to use the 4th pick on a TB and then pay him a massive contract. TBs are far too dependent on other factors outside their control - OL and QB.

He's a decent back at this point in his career. He's not elite. And the fact he's not elite is, in fact, part of the reason this team is struggling. They need him to be elite. They need him to overcome issues around him. The fact he can't and they are using a chunk of cap space for it that could have been used elsewhere is part of the reason this team has talent issues.

At the end of the day, you are too big a fan of Elliott to admit what most see - he's an overpaid TB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I wonder if we see Zeke cry during a game at some point this season. I feel like he has the maturity of a 9 year old. I love how people say that in the NFL you are dealing with men. Zeke is about as close to being a man as my 12 year old son.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bitter much?

Did I mention this play? Why do you feel the need to attack people over their opinions? I've defended him since the beginning and I'm not seeing the focus I used to. It's called an opinion, the only fact involved here is that you don't know what's going on in his head anymore than I do.

Grow up.

Some Elliott fans are having trouble accepting reality with the guy. As I said earlier, I get it, I have gone to the mat for players too only to get burned. The Elliott guys have nothing left but to lash out at those making fair criticisms of Zeke.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Most RBs (if they're decent blockers, which Zeke usually is) would've gone low, rather than hit the LB high and gotten knocked back. Zeke didn't see him in time to do anything but what he did. I don't know why he didn't see him, but that's definitely what happened.
You forgot to go WWWWAAAAAHHHH

superonyx

Reaction score
But it all ties into an overall analysis of the player. His pass protection has been suspect at times this year too. He's really not doing anything well.

And your last part is interesting because it undermines the devotion to him some of you have. The fact he needs a good OL to run the ball is precisely why it was silly to use the 4th pick on a TB and then pay him a massive contract. TBs are far too dependent on other factors outside their control - OL and QB.

He's a decent back at this point in his career. He's not elite. And the fact he's not elite is, in fact, part of the reason this team is struggling. They need him to be elite. They need him to overcome issues around him. The fact he can't and they are using a chunk of cap space for it that could have been used elsewhere is part of the reason this team has talent issues.

At the end of the day, you are too big a fan of Elliott to admit what most see - he's an overpaid TB.
Not exactly. You take every chance to get to harp on your opinion that a TB isnt worth his contract because he needs an OL to perform to a minimum standard of OL production. You pretend this is exclusive to the RB when it not. In order to make your point you also need to make unproveable statements like Zeke not being elite. I guess in your opinion an Elite back would still have great production with this OL. This is where we disagree. In my opinion the OL is the most important position on the field (next to QB). When they suck both the RB, QB, and WR will suck right along with them.
Maybe to you that disqualifies a RB as someone worth of making 10m per year. It does not in my mind. Many people know what we are getting when we draft a RB early and we know what we are getting when we pay a RB. We are ok with that. You can disagree but somehow you actually believe your opinion is more legit than others.

I also disagree that part of the reason we are struggling is because he fell from elite to decent. Heck maybe you think he was never elite. In any case you may disagree but I don't think it would matter one bit this season if we had Zeke or prime Walter Payton running behind this line. We have the worst OL in the league. When thats the reality your RB, WR, QB isnt going to save you. Add to this one of the worst defenses in league history and it makes arguing over whether our RB is Good, Great, or Elite kind of a waste of time.

But I get it. Your wounds havent healed when you wanted Ramsey and we didnt take him.

Btw... he may be a FA in the offseason. maybe you will get your wish after all.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, he doesn’t get those big runs anymore but his pass protection is a major aspect of his game that other RBs can’t match.

Zeke is done. Or it appears he is. He should thank his agent before this obvious writing was on the wall....

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not exactly. You take every chance to get to harp on your opinion that a TB isnt worth his contract because he needs an OL to perform to a minimum standard of OL production.

Its also dumb to use this game to make the argument Zeke needs a great OL. He had below average, poor OL two years ago and still posted 2000 yards of offense. In this game he had 3rd and 4th string OL facing one of the best DLs in the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not exactly. You take every chance to get to harp on your opinion that a TB isnt worth his contract because he needs an OL to perform to a minimum standard of OL production. You pretend this is exclusive to the RB when it not. In order to make your point you also need to make unproveable statements like Zeke not being elite. I guess in your opinion an Elite back would still have great production with this OL. This is where we disagree. In my opinion the OL is the most important position on the field (next to QB). When they suck both the RB, QB, and WR will suck right along with them.
Maybe to you that disqualifies a RB as someone worth of making 10m per year. It does not in my mind. Many people know what we are getting when we draft a RB early and we know what we are getting when we pay a RB. We are ok with that. You can disagree but somehow you actually believe your opinion is more legit than others.

I also disagree that part of the reason we are struggling is because he fell from elite to decent. Heck maybe you think he was never elite. In any case you may disagree but I don't think it would matter one bit this season if we had Zeke or prime Walter Payton running behind this line. We have the worst OL in the league. When thats the reality your RB, WR, QB isnt going to save you. Add to this one of the worst defenses in league history and it makes arguing over whether our RB is Good, Great, or Elite kind of a waste of time.

But I get it. Your wounds havent healed when you wanted Ramsey and we didnt take him.

Btw... he may be a FA in the offseason. maybe you will get your wish after all.

They can't cut him this offseason. They'd have to eat an additional $11MM in cap space just to cut him. Again highlighting the silliness of paying a TB a huge contract. His 2021 base salary became guaranteed in March 2020 and there is nearly $11MM in roster and signing bonuses that would have to be carried on the 2021 cap if you cut him.

Putting aside OL issues............. what does he show that makes you think he's still elite? He clearly lacks the burst he once had. He's not a HR threat at the TB position anymore. He's the worst fumbling TB in the NFL since 2018 (or 2017). He's a good grind it out TB. Is that worth $90 million?

Sydla

Reaction score
Its also dumb to use this game to make the argument Zeke needs a great OL. He had below average, poor OL two years ago and still posted 2000 yards of offense. In this game he had 3rd and 4th string OL facing one of the best DLs in the NFL.

I am not the one making the argument that a TB needs a good OL to perform. I am making the argument that if the TB is largely dependent on the OL in front of him, then paying top dollar for a TB is a mistake. You are better off plowing that money into the OL and QB, two positions that are more important and help a TB more than the other way around.

uvaballa

Reaction score
That's why I think Zeke didn't see him. He usually goes low in that situation.
The local news has been showing that play all day. The skins blitzed the safety and LB on the same side of the line. It looked like Zeke was staring at the safety until he got picked up and then looked at the LB and got ran over. He saw him late due to a good scheme by the skins.