Zeke: Court Vacates Injunction and Dismisses Case ***merged***

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He has no shot at winning the case. Zero. Nada. Read that again. Zilch. The damage is done. He can do nothing about it but delay it.

So don't delay it and get it over with now. This season is screwed. Don't add this distraction to next season as well. Not that complicated. You can waste your time talking about fighting it and how innocent he is but this case ends with Zeke Elliott serving a suspension for domestic abuse. Whether you, I or he likes it or not.
Anyone ever tell you Eeyorr has nothing on you?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wow, that is amazing. The NFL gets it's way. If there isn't a strike when this contract is up I'd be amazed.

A strike?
Nooooooo, mis amis!
Players will find it rough going getting much support from the public after their autimn of posing on social issues.
And the NFL would be extra intransigent and make the players cave.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm glad this is over. He can't win vs the NFL. Get it done

erod

Reaction score
Michael Sam, despite being a horrible pro player, received almost 24-hour coverage with media asking why he wasn't drafted and why nobody wanted him. Only because he was gay.

Just like the other list of items I mentioned, it's everything but actually football that dominates league news. I think it will be that way forever more.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Michael Sam, despite being a horrible pro player, received almost 24-hour coverage with media asking why he wasn't drafted and why nobody wanted him. Only because he was gay.

Just like the other list of items I mentioned, it's everything but actually football that dominates league news. I think it will be that way forever more.
NFL has become the WWE..... storylines trump dynasties

they want controversy and they like being social justice warriors.......member when they wanted NO to win and Favre to be involved in every big game..... they re-wrote the OT rules for Favre...... they push agendas that have nothing to do with football

But now they are attacking their own stars like Brady and Zeke.....unintended consequences.... but they are so cocky they won't back down........they wonder why ratings and attendance are down

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score

yawn.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So, using the NFL and court's logic...shouldn't the stay of the injunction be thrown out since it was filed prematurely and there is no jurisdiction?

links18

Reaction score
Well, look at it this way: If Zeke is out, we will be forced to pass even more and how could that ever be a bad thing?

coult44

Reaction score
Dallas has carried the NFL in ratings this year. With everything else going on the only bright spot ratings wise have been Cowboys games... Roger is biting the hands that feed him and JJ and Co were too dumb to do anything about it...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dallas has carried the NFL in ratings this year. With everything else going on the only bright spot ratings wise have been Cowboys games... Roger is biting the hands that feed him and JJ and Co were too dumb to do anything about it...
Goodell doesn't care. He's on a power trip.

khiladi

Reaction score
The reality is we are in the Internet Age and th era Social media, where news has to be created for ratings. There is an endless need to generate stories, irrespective of the field, whether sports or politics to grab viewership. Money is generated via clicks on ads.

Football is now the same where social life of a person outside of football is now becoming blurred with the athlete. It probably isn't choosing consciously to become 'entertainment', but it is happening because of the new culture.

These athletes get tried in social media, before actual court and public image dictates how things proceed in a large way by the NFL and other sports. Why would the NFL really want to get in the business of arbitrating these types of matters? It's way more of a cost and headache to them.

Last edited: