Zeke decision coming today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This may go against many on here but I would just take that and move on if the DV language is removed.

Move on with your career and leave this distraction behind...live and learn.
If the label of DV is removed, then there would be no basis for any suspension at all. They have stated that the suspension is based on their belief that he committed DV and that the other incident (pulling lady's top down) was not considered in the suspension.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Then Zeke would just have to straighten his personal life out, which he should do anyway.

If he makes the changes he should make, then a second suspension becomes a non-issue.

Unless somebody decides to wrongfully accuse him with flimsy evidence that only amounts to he said/ she said. Then he could be banned for life at the discretion of der kommisar....er, i mean the commissioner.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
If the label of DV is removed, then there would be no basis for any suspension at all. They have stated that the suspension is based on their belief that he committed DV and that the other incident (pulling lady's top down) was not considered in the suspension.
You folks trying to attach logic to NFL decision-making are in for a rude awakening.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I personally think it's either 6 games or nothing. If the NFL reduce the suspension, it only helps Zeke in court. If they truly believe Ms. Thompson, then 6 games it is. But, the holes they are finding in the investigation that we're reading about says he did nothing. One investigator interviewed the alleged victim and did not find her credible. Yet...supposedly, her report was excluded from the penalty phase or final meeting. I think they keep it at 6 games. Or, they drop it all together. Either way, it's going to be a PR nightmare for the NFL.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I know he shouldnt get anything as far as suspensions go, but I would just take this and get it over with. I dont care what anyone says, this is a distraction to the entire franchise...
Only if the language of domestic violence with a future banishment is removed. Otherwise, fight the one game suspension.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
a17.jpg
Great movie.

jday

Reaction score
Yeah youre right, but Zeke also needs to look at it from his teammates and organization's perspecitve. Each press conference/interview his teammates and coaches will be asked about this until its over. He will have to miss practices and film sessions to go to court. All of that and the court can still uphold the NFLs decision in the end, and he will miss the game anyways...

Like I said, if it was anything other than DV, he would probably do just that for the reasons you stated. Those same players and coaches you mentioned that this negatively impacts would still tell Zeke to keep on fighting...if he is in fact innocent. If he's guilty, take it...that said, he should have taken the first punishment. But since he has started this fight with the appeal, he has to finish it...even if it still means serving 6 games in the end. This simply isn't something you can back down on.

I hate it as much as you do, for what it is worth.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
You folks trying to attach logic to NFL decision-making are in for a rude awakening.
I can't argue one bit with your statement. Much of what they do makes little sense to most people. Apparently, we'll find out where they stand a little later today.

JBS

Reaction score
Is there a time frame on the TRO ruling?

Somebody mentioned Friday, is that accurate?

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Then Zeke would just have to straighten his personal life out, which he should do anyway.

If he makes the changes he should make, then a second suspension becomes a non-issue.
Not necessarily, he could be falsely accused again.

canters

Reaction score
My first thought was that the suspension would be upheld in full, but now that we have seen the poor quality of the "investigation," I now think it will be cut to no more than 3 games.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
IF he is innocent he will continue to fight. Pretty simple. I still don't think he misses a game.

VirusX

Reaction score
If the suspension is not dropped than he will fight it in court. He CANNOT accept any suspension as it would be an admission of guilt and cause what the TRO has stated which is irreparable damage.

robjay04

Reaction score

Oh I agree.

Still...it's probably in the best interest of everyone involved to get this behind him. 6 months from now, this could be well enough in the past so Zeke can start getting endorsements again..not likely with a looming court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.