Zeke Elliott coming in for visit tomorrow

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I watched plenty of Zeke. He's good, but he's not Gurley.

So what does that mean, practically?
Is Zeke going to run for 5 yards compared to Gurley's 7?
Is he going to rush for 4 fewer touchdowns than Gurley?
I'm serious. What does it mean he's not Gurley?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You can play that game with every position, not just RB. Where was Tom Brady drafted? Tyrann Mathieu? Richard Sherman? Jason Witten? Josh Norman? Justin Houston? Antonio Brown?

RBs are routniely found much later in the draft than other positions. It is rare for a 1st round RB yet alone one at 4.

It would be gross incompetence to spend to spend the 4th on a back.

gmoney112

Reaction score
So what does that mean, practically?
Is Zeke going to run for 5 yards compared to Gurley's 7?
Is he going to rush for 4 fewer touchdowns than Gurley?
I'm serious. What does it mean he's not Gurley?

Gurley was a better RB and barely went top 10. I'm saying, for all the hubbub about Zeke being this crazy talent, he's just the best RB *this* year. Spending a top 5 pick on a RB that isn't even as good as the best RB last year, in a pretty decent class, with another good class coming next year, isn't too smart.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gurley was a better RB and barely went top 10. I'm saying, for all the hubbub about Zeke being this crazy talent, he's just the best RB *this* year. Spending a top 5 pick on a RB that isn't even as good as the best RB last year, in a pretty decent class, with another good class coming next year, isn't too smart.

I understand your general point, but this doesn't explain to me how "he's not" Gurley. Besides, Gurley was also coming off an injury. I wonder if some team drafting higher would have taken a chance on him if he had come into the league healthy and fit as a fiddle - as the old country folks say.