Zeke Elliott coming in for visit tomorrow

vicjagger

Reaction score
Of all the players in the draft, Zeke @ 4 gives us the best chance to compete next year. Just imagine how good a better Demarco Murray could do behind a better OL

But I thought we already traded #4 to re-acquire D. Murray.

CWR

Reaction score
Thinking any of these players will put this team over the top is foolish. The Romo era isn't resulting in a title and the sooner folks accept that the sooner the team can start thinking beyond it. Pick the guy that makes you better in 3 or 4 years, not the lotto ticket for the next two.

Thanks for the insight. Now I don't have to waste my Sundays for the next couple years!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but if either of the below are available, who should we draft?

Bosa
Elliott
Ramsey
Wentz

I would take Ramsey and try to get Henry with #34. Elliott is better, but Henry behind our OL would be lights out.

Wentz in 10 seconds. wouldn't hate Henry @ 34 but would prefer Sampson (S) out of WV. But would be very happy with top 2 rds most definitely.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Due diligence in case he falls to our 2nd round pick as a result of drug concerns and teams generally avoiding RBs in the first round.

Drug concerns for Zeke; not just Bosa?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
How old is Romo, how many games did he play last year, the resulting record, etc. but we are going all in again? Take the QB and though Zeke is a stud, RBs can be had later in the draft that will compliment this OL though not to his degree. You don't draft @ 4 every year and understand not reaching, but Wentz/Goff aren't reaching. Even Lynch in a slight trade back is not reaching.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Draft Zeke and just be happy you have an elite superstar toting the rock for you behind that road grater offensive line.

It really would help the defense too. Keep them off the field. Like 2 years ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but if either of the below are available, who should we draft?

Bosa
Elliott
Ramsey
Wentz

I would take Ramsey and try to get Henry with #34. Elliott is better, but Henry behind our OL would be lights out.

I like all four...and who it is that is left at #4.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Seems like they are using an awful lot of visits in top 15 types, most of whom I dont see them drafting.

Broaddus said yesterday he thinks all 3 of Lynch, Goff and Wentz will be brought in as well. It seems like they are bringing in guys from early 1st, mid and late. Maybe smoke screen to hide their intentions? They are going to spend a third of their visits on 1st Rd guys at this rate though.

Alohawg1

Reaction score
There was once another great Ohio St. RB that was a can't miss pick. An even more highly regarded prospect IIRC. Ask the Bengals.

jnday

Reaction score
Thinking any of these players will put this team over the top is foolish. The Romo era isn't resulting in a title and the sooner folks accept that the sooner the team can start thinking beyond it. Pick the guy that makes you better in 3 or 4 years, not the lotto ticket for the next two.

Too many fans have an emontionly attachment to Romo and they want him to win a title so much that they would be willing have several losing seasons after Romo retires just to see him win a championship . It is short-sighted thinking and it is not best for the long term success of the team. Dallas needs to be proactive instead of reacting every year. A total change in culture and a new way of team-building is needed to produce a contender every year. I like Romo, but it is highly unlikely that he reaches a NFC championship game before he retires. Draft his replacement and start drafting playmakers including upgrades at RB and WR. It is time to get a TE to replace Wittenberg as well. It may take s couple years to come together and fill the holes on defense, but that is better than going all in on Romo at this point of his career.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
I think he is the best player to get at #4.I know,I know,he's a RB,but the more I study this Zeke thing,the more I like the player.

sbark

Reaction score
It really would help the defense too. Keep them off the field. Like 2 years ago.

Not really...........if Zeke is everything "they" say, and behind our OLine--he would break the big one at least every possention. It would be like the Chipster offense in time of possetion, but via the running game.....yup, a little bit of hyperbole there :)

sbark

Reaction score
Too many fans have an emontionly attachment to Romo and they want him to win a title so much that they would be willing have several losing seasons after Romo retires just to see him win a championship . It is short-sighted thinking and it is not best for the long term success of the team. Dallas needs to be proactive instead of reacting every year. A total change in culture and a new way of team-building is needed to produce a contender every year. I like Romo, but it is highly unlikely that he reaches a NFC championship game before he retires. Draft his replacement and start drafting playmakers including upgrades at RB and WR. It is time to get a TE to replace Wittenberg as well. It may take s couple years to come together and fill the holes on defense, but that is better than going all in on Romo at this point of his career.

Love Romo, but am realistic in his ability to stay healthy. I'm like G.Bay was when Farve was going good, and yet they took Rogers (albeit low 1st) .....Garrett always talks about competition up and down the roster spots--well, here we are. Push Romo, if nothing else to get in better shape physically, drop a few lbs

Hardline

Reaction score
Not really...........if Zeke is everything "they" say, and behind our OLine--he would break the big one at least every possention. It would be like the Chipster offense in time of possetion, but via the running game.....yup, a little bit of hyperbole there :)

Grinding it out or hitting the big one as long as it results in touchdowns