Zeke Elliott vs Saquon Barkley

quickccc

Reaction score

So going into this NFC East matchup, we have RBs that early in their careers, came out on fire early in their careers, and had hit a stumbling wall for whatever reasons .. as per injuries or physical decline.

Both were fear frightening RBs to have to face and deal with, so are both on the comeback trail to previous form?

How do the two RBs compare to each other now ?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So going into this NFC East matchup, we have RBs that early in their careers, came out on fire early in their careers, and had hit a stumbling wall for whatever reasons .. as per injuries or physical decline.

Both were fear frightening RBs to have to face and deal with, so are both on the comeback trail to previous form?

Zeke makes more money

RonnieT24

Reaction score
To be honest it's going to be interesting tonight because Barkley is facing far and away the better defense.. but Zeke plays for the more pass happy OC. So Barkley will get a ton more opportunities.. but Zeke might have the better game.. I feel sorry for both of them.. Barkley's injuries and the Giants' ineptitude at QB have wasted most of his prime years.. and the Cowboys idiot OC has wasted most of Zeke's. Both would be better off elsewhere..

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I understand the Zeke hate around here because of the cap implications, but I think this is kind of a one sided discussion.

One of these guys will probably retire with 10,000 career rushing yards. The other will likely be hurt again by week 6.

Zeke can still play ball. His play caller still doesn't know how to use him with in ways that make sense.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
barkley had a year off, that's 300 less carries on his body and didn't have to carry the load in the playoffs like zeke did in OU. I think this is something severely overlooked - because of Zeke's playoff usage and PRODUCTION almost 200 yds per game he came into the Dallas Cowboys with 592 attemps and 4K yards - equivalent to one could say 2.5 or more NFL seasons.

Barkely for comparison 671 carries 3.8K yds and 1200 rec yds - this is where stats will lie to you and you actually need to use your eyes and watch the game - 20 years from now the style of running matters. Zeke's physical style of running compared to Barkley's barry sanders style. Barkley will get more touches where his run goes to zero because he is looking to break something compared to zeke running straight into the dline over and over again

CCBoy

Reaction score
With New York’s inability to shut down the run, these two will again have a shot to run wild. Don’t be surprised to see them combine for 200 yards on the ground with a couple of touchdowns.

This week against the Giants, they’re (Dallas) is going to lean on the ground game once again and should be able to do so throughout the night. So far in two games, the Giants defense is 18th in the NFL in rushing yards surrendered, with Week 2 being an outing to forget when it comes to defending the ground game.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/09/26/cowboys-giants-reasons-win-parsons-jones/4/

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Barkley has been the more explosive back through the first two games. He ripped off a 68 yard run at Tennessee.

Zeke's longest run of his career is 60 yards, and it was in his rookie year. His longest last season was 47 yards.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Both are on redemption tours this season.

Nexx

Reaction score
To be honest it's going to be interesting tonight because Barkley is facing far and away the better defense.. but Zeke plays for the more pass happy OC. So Barkley will get a ton more opportunities.. but Zeke might have the better game.. I feel sorry for both of them.. Barkley's injuries and the Giants' ineptitude at QB have wasted most of his prime years.. and the Cowboys idiot OC has wasted most of Zeke's. Both would be better off elsewhere..

Ronnie, do you ever put any sort of accountability on the player?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Kellen Moore having to deal with people calling him "pass happy" so much when he has a QB that can't read defenses doing things like this:

morat1959

Reaction score
The Emmitt Smith vs. Barry Sanders debate was more fun.
Man..those were the days! I remember going back to Dorsett’s days. He was fun to watch. The 3 headed monster of Walt Garrison, Calvin Hill and Duane Thomas was a blast! I think Walt was still playing when Thomas got there. We’ll that’s all we’ve got now. As much as I hate to admit it…as long as our pretend GM and his entitled son are running the show, We want see another one. I know, I know…same ole story.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
Zeke…raise my hand after 4-5 carries…Elliott is a disgrace to this organization. There I said it. Leave it on the table big boy. He can’t carry a pimple on Emmitt’s butt but who can. Not many!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Barkley has been the more explosive back through the first two games. He ripped off a 68 yard run at Tennessee.

Zeke's longest run of his career is 60 yards, and it was in his rookie year. His longest last season was 47 yards.
He has longer receptions :laugh:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Both of them suck now but I’d rather have Barkley right now than Zeke.
You don't have a star running back if you can't trust him to carry the ball 22 times a game. The Giants can't really rely on Barkley the way Dallas can rely on Zeke. As they say the best ability is availability.

Emmitt ran the ball 340 times every year Dallas won a Super Bowl. Zeke has proven that he can carry that type of work load, Barkley hasn't.

Zeke is better.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Penn State products usually are. ;)

But Zeke, though. ;)

16760008-large.jpg