Zeke Elliott vs Saquon Barkley

SackMaster

Reaction score
Meh at either.

Barkley is probably more explosive of the two at this point of their carriers, but how many games can he play? If history is any indicator, he's going to miss a quarter of the season at some point this year.

Zeke is not very explosive, but he is steady, and still can put up good, but not great, numbers. And the guy does things at his position other than run too **cough**block**cough**.

To me, outside of the injury issue with Barkley, this is a very, VERY poor man's Barry vs Emmitt like debate.

Go with the guy you know will give you something decent virtually every single game, or go with the guy who may or may not make a play that punishes the defense for over pursuing?

In any case, they are both poster boys on why the value of an NFL running back has plummeted in the last 10-20 years. You can get good production out of the position with young, and more importantly, cheaper players.

JMHO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To be honest it's going to be interesting tonight because Barkley is facing far and away the better defense.. but Zeke plays for the more pass happy OC. So Barkley will get a ton more opportunities.. but Zeke might have the better game.. I feel sorry for both of them.. Barkley's injuries and the Giants' ineptitude at QB have wasted most of his prime years.. and the Cowboys idiot OC has wasted most of Zeke's. Both would be better off elsewhere..

LOL..............Poor Zeke doenst get enough opportunities now. LOL

How hilarious!!

You hero got fed the ball when we had a lead in the 2nd half of the last game. He was featured and blindly got the ball. The problem is that he sucked so bad we punted like 5 times in a row. If your hero would actually pick up first downs and do his job he would get the ball a lot more.

Flamma

Reaction score
To be honest it's going to be interesting tonight because Barkley is facing far and away the better defense.. but Zeke plays for the more pass happy OC. So Barkley will get a ton more opportunities.. but Zeke might have the better game.. I feel sorry for both of them.. Barkley's injuries and the Giants' ineptitude at QB have wasted most of his prime years.. and the Cowboys idiot OC has wasted most of Zeke's. Both would be better off elsewhere..

Barkley is up against the better run defense? Their quarterback is going to be facing the better defense, not Barkley.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL..............Poor Zeke doenst get enough opportunities now. LOL

How hilarious!!

You hero got fed the ball when we had a lead in the 2nd half of the last game. He was featured and blindly got the ball. The problem is that he sucked so bad we punted like 5 times in a row. If your hero would actually pick up first downs and do his job he would get the ball a lot more.

Dude get some help and quit stalking me spewing your blatant lies about Zeke.. It's starting to border on pathetic the lengths you will go to trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.. The Cowboys punted twice in the entire 2nd half of the last game.. They only had the ball 4 times. And on one of those Zeke was not even on the field for one snap.. But by all means.. carry on with your Zeke fantasies. I hope they bring you great fulfillment. It certainly reveals that he's living rent free in your head 24x7.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude get some help and quit stalking me spewing your blatant lies about Zeke.. It's starting to border on pathetic the lengths you will go to trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.. The Cowboys punted twice in the entire 2nd half of the last game.. They only had the ball 4 times. And on one of those Zeke was not even on the field for one snap.. But by all means.. carry on with your Zeke fantasies. I hope they bring you great fulfillment. It certainly reveals that he's living rent free in your head 24x7.

LOL...........Cowboys punted 3 times in the 2nd half and the other drive was a fumble in which they werent going anywhere anyway.

They fed your hero and he sucked soo bad we almost lost the game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL...........Cowboys punted 3 times in the 2nd half and the other drive was a fumble in which they werent going anywhere anyway.

They fed your hero and he sucked soo bad we almost lost the game.

So the fumble at CINCINATTI 26 yard line (after starting at the Dallas 25) wasn't going anywhere? Sure.. if you say so.. Never mind the fact that it has already gone 50 yards.. Pay no attention that .. YOU say it wasn't going anywhere so those yards don't count.

But you are correct they did punt another time.. I missed that possession because it was ALL PASSES so neither back got the ball. But they must have about giving Zeke the ball right.. so that was why the drive stalled. Good times in fantasyland.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke Elliott vs Saquon Barkley

So going into this NFC East matchup, we have RBs that early in their careers, came out on fire early in their careers, and had hit a stumbling wall for whatever reasons .. as per injuries or physical decline.

Both were fear frightening RBs to have to face and deal with, so are both on the comeback trail to previous form?

How do the two RBs compare to each other now ?

UMM zeke had 3 straight near Rushing titles in a row had not RG decided to make Zeke a poster boy for bad decisions. even though he was not..SB had one good year zekes had 4 and Zekes still leading the NFL in yards and scrimmage yards since 2016..get yo facts Straight and put some respect on Zekes name. SB had been huge disappointment, zeke has not..fans want to dump on zeke now but they have had FAR different careers so far..sorry Charlie this thread didn't age well. KM and that OL hapened to Zekes career more then zekes declined

blueblood70

Reaction score
:popcorn::hammer:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
UMM zeke had 3 straight near Rushing titles in a row had not RG decided to make Zeke a poster boy for bad decisions. even though he was not..SB had one good year zekes had 4 and Zekes still leading the NFL in yards and scrimmage yards since 2016..get yo facts Straight and put some respect on Zekes name. SB had been huge disappointment, zeke has not..fans want to dump on zeke now but they have had FAR different careers so far..sorry Charlie this thread didn't age well. KM and that OL hapened to Zekes career more then zekes declined

Leading in rushing yards doesn't matter much unless you give context - Zeke was well above many RBs in terms of touches. Zeke had 1 great season in the league, good season cut short by being a knucklehead, and the rest have mediocre to good since.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Leading in rushing yards doesn't matter much unless you give context - Zeke was well above many RBs in terms of touches. Zeke had 1 great season in the league, good season cut short by being a knucklehead, and the rest have mediocre to good since.

Zeke led the league in rushing in year three and was 4th in year four. If he was "mediocre" in those seasons what does that say about the rest of the backs in the league?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
A HEALTHY Barkley is just a better back than Zeke. He simply is. His issue is that he's injury prone. Zeke, while having nagging injuries as of late, has availability on his side. But Barkley is just the better athlete. He's got the moves and burst still, Zeke doesn't have this and has been relegated to bruiser back.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A HEALTHY Barkley is just a better back than Zeke. He simply is. His issue is that he's injury prone. Zeke, while having nagging injuries as of late, has availability on his side. But Barkley is just the better athlete. He's got the moves and burst still, Zeke doesn't have this and has been relegated to bruiser back.

Even if one believes that Barkley is the better back now.. the fact of the matter is that over their careers Zeke has been far and away the better player.. They have identical ypc averages but Zeke has scored almost three times as many TDs.. 56 to 20. Barkley played 13 games last year but didn't even get to 600 yards.. (593) yet people are killing Zeke for barely getting to 1000.. And the only reason Zeke had struggle to get to 1000 was that he sat out 5 full 4th quarters and had like 1 carry in two others due to blowouts. And this was while playing 12 games with a torn ligament in one of his wheels.. Zeke has a low production year owed to injury and people can't talk enough crap about him.. Barkley has an even LESS productive year and people can't make enough excuses for him. Makes you wonder if these people are even Cowboys fans.. Even looking at the last two seasons.. Zeke has gained over 2000 yards while struggling through injuries and QB issues.. Barkley has not even managed 700 yards over that same span.. and Zeke has been good for about a half a yard more per carry in that time as well. But we all know how this game is played... yards per carry only matters when it HURTS Zeke.. not when it favors him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even if one believes that Barkley is the better back now.. the fact of the matter is that over their careers Zeke has been far and away the better player.. They have identical ypc averages but Zeke has scored almost three times as many TDs.. 56 to 20. Barkley played 13 games last year but didn't even get to 600 yards.. (593) yet people are killing Zeke for barely getting to 1000.. And the only reason Zeke had struggle to get to 1000 was that he sat out 5 full 4th quarters and had like 1 carry in two others due to blowouts. And this was while playing 12 games with a torn ligament in one of his wheels.. Zeke has a low production year owed to injury and people can't talk enough crap about him.. Barkley has an even LESS productive year and people can't make enough excuses for him. Makes you wonder if these people are even Cowboys fans.. Even looking at the last two seasons.. Zeke has gained over 2000 yards while struggling through injuries and QB issues.. Barkley has not even managed 700 yards over that same span.. and Zeke has been good for about a half a yard more per carry in that time as well. But we all know how this game is played... yards per carry only matters when it HURTS Zeke.. not when it favors him..
spot on

pretty common here now talk up the eagles make excuses for the giants players rip ours to the bone daily..gets old.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
spot on

pretty common here now talk up the eagles make excuses for the giants players rip ours to the bone daily..gets old.

It really does man.. I mean I can do football analysis all day .. even when someone disagrees with my take if they have factual arguments to back up their take I absolute love it.. But people coming at me with "he sucks" or "he's fat" or "he's dumb" and other 5th grade nonsense are really beneath contempt for me. If I wanted to play the dozens I could go to the local schoolyard. I come here to talk football with other adults.