Zeke Elliott vs Saquon Barkley

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Even if one believes that Barkley is the better back now.. the fact of the matter is that over their careers Zeke has been far and away the better player.. They have identical ypc averages but Zeke has scored almost three times as many TDs.. 56 to 20. Barkley played 13 games last year but didn't even get to 600 yards.. (593) yet people are killing Zeke for barely getting to 1000.. And the only reason Zeke had struggle to get to 1000 was that he sat out 5 full 4th quarters and had like 1 carry in two others due to blowouts. And this was while playing 12 games with a torn ligament in one of his wheels.. Zeke has a low production year owed to injury and people can't talk enough crap about him.. Barkley has an even LESS productive year and people can't make enough excuses for him. Makes you wonder if these people are even Cowboys fans.. Even looking at the last two seasons.. Zeke has gained over 2000 yards while struggling through injuries and QB issues.. Barkley has not even managed 700 yards over that same span.. and Zeke has been good for about a half a yard more per carry in that time as well. But we all know how this game is played... yards per carry only matters when it HURTS Zeke.. not when it favors him..

Nice poorly punctuated paragraph there when I didn't mention their careers - I mentioned how they are playing right now. Zeke has been relegated to a bruiser back FACT. Barkley has played better than Zeke to start the year FACT.

Maybe actually read what you respond to so you don't waste the life expectancy of your keyboard while you smash in your millionth lame Zeke defense rage. I don't know if Zeke is some long distant relative or what, but holy crap dude lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It really does man.. I mean I can do football analysis all day .. even when someone disagrees with my take if they have factual arguments to back up their take I absolute love it.. But people coming at me with "he sucks" or "he's fat" or "he's dumb" and other 5th grade nonsense are really beneath contempt for me. If I wanted to play the dozens I could go to the local schoolyard. I come here to talk football with other adults.

What the hell are you talking about? Dude you go for pages, even after being proven wrong - this is consistent with you in multiple arguments. You never admit you're wrong - even my post was right and you STILL found a way to argue.

Shut up already. Freakin' patting yourself on the back because the forum dork agrees with your analysis. Sit down, boy.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Both perfectly illustrate why you don’t draft RB’s high in the first. Too expensive for a short-lived position that isn’t nearly as relevant as it was in the past.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Both perfectly illustrate why you don’t draft RB’s high in the first. Too expensive for a short-lived position that isn’t nearly as relevant as it was in the past.

Could have Ramsey and Henry - but nope, Jerry and dopey Stephen had to get their jersey seller and clear eyes.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

It's not Zeke's fault that he got saddled with Garrett and Moore.. I firmly believe the Cowboys could have gotten their money's worth out of Zeke if they had just kept playing smash mouth football. They shifted their offensive philosophy after signing him to a big deal. That was dumb.. but not Zeke's fault.. Give him the ball and good things happen.. But we won't do that.. so we're always going to be disappointed in his production and by extension the draft pick and the contract.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Dude you go for pages, even after being proven wrong - this is consistent with you in multiple arguments. You never admit you're wrong - even my post was right and you STILL found a way to argue.

Shut up already. Freakin' patting yourself on the back because the forum dork agrees with your analysis. Sit down, boy.
\

Good luck with that..

Havic

Reaction score
At this point in their careers Barkley is the better back and its not even close.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

So going into this NFC East matchup, we have RBs that early in their careers, came out on fire early in their careers, and had hit a stumbling wall for whatever reasons .. as per injuries or physical decline.

Both were fear frightening RBs to have to face and deal with, so are both on the comeback trail to previous form?

How do the two RBs compare to each other now ?
Barkley d injuries extended his career. He has less hits on his body.

Thomas82

Reaction score
It's not Zeke's fault that he got saddled with Garrett and Moore.. I firmly believe the Cowboys could have gotten their money's worth out of Zeke if they had just kept playing smash mouth football. They shifted their offensive philosophy after signing him to a big deal. That was dumb.. but not Zeke's fault.. Give him the ball and good things happen.. But we won't do that.. so we're always going to be disappointed in his production and by extension the draft pick and the contract.

No other way to put it.

quickccc

Reaction score

it was "smash mouth" and pounding him down to the ground with so many reps, carries and touches (even absorbing blitz-blocking takes a toll) without any backup relief, (Rod Smith ?!!)
as well as bulking him up so he'd become a heavy duty bell cow, that's what likely put him on the rapid decline with da quickness .

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Saquon's still got the juice. His TD run was downright Barry Sanders esque.

I can't remember the last time Zeke didn't lose yardage on a toss play.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Zeke has had the more productive overall career…. BUT Barkley is the better, more explosive, more elite/dangerous RB at this point

Availability is the best ability.

And what if's mean little compared to what is.

Zeke=proven production

Barkley=potential

FVSTONE

Reaction score

So going into this NFC East matchup, we have RBs that early in their careers, came out on fire early in their careers, and had hit a stumbling wall for whatever reasons .. as per injuries or physical decline.

Both were fear frightening RBs to have to face and deal with, so are both on the comeback trail to previous form?

How do the two RBs compare to each other now ?
Say what you want about the Zekester, the man can take and deliver violent hits! That TD he scored was a thing of beauty! REAL FOOTBALL!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Saquon's still got the juice. His TD run was downright Barry Sanders esque.

I can't remember the last time Zeke didn't lose yardage on a toss play.

Please don't post stupid ish like this.. Zeke went for damn near 30 yards on a toss just last night..