Zeke has 463 yards rushing in his last 11 games

Sydla

Reaction score
Lots of smart people around here were clear it was a bad move to sign him to that ridiculous extension. And it's really gonna hurt next year when he's got an $18 million cap hit. They could make him a June 1 cut and save zero on the cap. That's not great but at least it gets you out from under him.

But I fear they are going to get stupid and restructure his base salary of $12 million and kick $9 million or so into future years not learning their lesson.

Jerry let loyalty and his love affair with "stars" force him into a dumb *** decision a couple of years ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
463 yards? At how many millions a year again? Wonder if that is looked at during the end of season after-action-report? A fullback is signed up for blocking purposes.

Moose was better...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still expecting the Cowboys to let him go and get out of that contract pretty quickly when they can. What, 2 more years?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Lots of mileage on his body although he was playing very good before the knee injury. Should have sat out a few games to rest. I hate it for running backs but you just can’t give them big contracts because of the wear and tear on their bodies. But lot if the run game issue has been play calling of Moore. 99% of runs seem slow handoff right up center’s butt.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I do not like Zeke.

I have never liked his feed me BS. Just run the freaking ball and ****.

I don't like how he wanted max contract and 2 years before his rookie contract was over.

I don't like how the GM decided this problem player was worth so much when no one else pays RB big contracts anymore.

I don't like how our OC, coach, and GM can't figure out how to run a 1-2 combo RB scheme. They insist on Zeke getting 3/4 of the carries.

Everything about every decision involving Zeke has been bad.

Kevin T

Reaction score
A butter knife makes quicker cuts than Zeke...and costs a hell of a lot less.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(
When your # 1 WR(Coop) has 700 yards and the defense has no respect for your most predictable short passing attack no running back could produce!
Yes, Zeke is burned having to carry this team since 2016 but the above is problem # 1 for our offense.
A screen pass or check down anyone????:confused:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They were also plays up the middle where Zeke is supposed to excel at the “tough yards”.

Pollard runs for 2 yards up the middle it's "Heeeehawww. See, Pollard gets brought too easily."

Zeke runs for 2 yards up the middle it's "Those are tough 'dirty yards' nobody else in the league can get."

Flamma

Reaction score
It is the lifecyle of a RB.

The wear and tear is real...especially when you play physically like Zeke does because he doesn't make guys miss.

Henry plays physical too. The wear is not what has me puzzled. It's how young he was when it happened. He was all but done at 23. He had 3 good years and fell off a cliff.

Sydla

Reaction score
When your # 1 WR(Coop) has 700 yards and the defense has no respect for your most predictable short passing attack no running back could produce!
Yes, Zeke is burned having to carry this team since 2016 but the above is problem # 1 for our offense.
A screen pass or check down anyone????:confused:

Elliott is a bigger issue for this team than Amari Cooper.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I do not know what happened to him since 2018. .

He got paid and no longer has the desire to perform at a top level. That's what happened. Dak next season will be the same way.

Things will change the closer he gets to his next contract renewal.