Zeke has 463 yards rushing in his last 11 games

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel bad for the guy. I do not know what happened to him since 2018. That was the last year I remember him running well. If I was playing a simulation and running the ball out of the I Form, Zeke is lead blocking for Pollard.

Barkley for the Giants as well. That is not the same player that came out of college. I think injuries caught up to him.

Flamma---only a very few RB's worthy of second contract....Peterson...Gore and Barry Sanders...and some others ....did you know Barry Sanders for 10 years as RB averaged 1500 a season..he had terrible line

most of the time...... and........ he did not lose a step and continually faked everyone out of their jocks and retired in prime....we dont see backs keep their speed and twitchy-ness anymore?...must be they are getting

hammered harder than in the past/...but i dont know...Barry Sanders was a super freak

blueblood70

Reaction score
yup

odd both he and henry both have 219 carries now and almost the exact yardage output. Odd huh ? says a lot about why its NOT ZEKE its the OL, OC and philosophical difference between the titans and the Cowboys.. they haven't missed a beat without henry...Zeke could eat in that offense. i have no doubt.

gaping actual holes vs pick an BUttcheek and try and bust through it..:lmao2:

Ken

Reaction score
That is what makes Emmitt so untouchable. I cant imagine his record is broken in my lifetime. It's amazing how he kept chugging along.
Likely will never see another rb as durable as Emmitt was. He had an uncanny ability to not take a square hit (aside from when Roy hit him late in his career, lol).

It is why i say, Barry Sanders is the best runner in NFL history but Emmitt was the best running back in NFL history. He was excellent at everything.

EST_1986

Reaction score
and their team didnt miss beat without him, that means the titans are great team with better OL and better coaching , got that yet.. NEED PROOF go to the OL and the OC that the demise not Zeke,

first 7 games he was averaging 5YPC where were haters ?,,lmao waiting to pounce like bad fans do...
trollhatingfakefans
Titans seem to have a far superior offensive line at least in scheme and execution, but I also think if you swap Zeke and Henry, Henry produces here, far better than Zeke. Zeke hit a wall and isn't bouncing back.

EST_1986

Reaction score
That is what makes Emmitt so untouchable. I cant imagine his record is broken in my lifetime. It's amazing how he kept chugging along.
I think Peterson could have got it done if he didnt lose the various years to injury and suspension but its going to be a feat untouched for a very long time

starfan1

Reaction score
Pollard had 3 Totes. Tough to do anything. Yet he still averaged 3.0 ypc to zeke 1.8.

he was very effective in the passing with 3 catches for 49 yards.
Would have been higher if not for bogus holding call

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(
and he is the highest paid RB in the league....

he needs a good passing game to support him.
He needs a good OL to support him.

that's why you never hand a second contract to a RB, unless its Henry.....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy. I do not know what happened to him since 2018. That was the last year I remember him running well. If I was playing a simulation and running the ball out of the I Form, Zeke is lead blocking for Pollard.

Barkley for the Giants as well. That is not the same player that came out of college. I think injuries caught up to him.

Most backs don't last long in the NFL, especially power backs like Zeke.

I wonder too if the drug testing at the NFL level is more stringent than the college level, so that players are just more roided up in college. Their first year in the NFL still has the effects, which wear off over time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I do not like Zeke.

I have never liked his feed me BS. Just run the freaking ball and ****.

I don't like how he wanted max contract and 2 years before his rookie contract was over.

I don't like how the GM decided this problem player was worth so much when no one else pays RB big contracts anymore.

I don't like how our OC, coach, and GM can't figure out how to run a 1-2 combo RB scheme. They insist on Zeke getting 3/4 of the carries.

Everything about every decision involving Zeke has been bad.
I never like taking a RB in top 15 of the draft.
I never like handing a RB a second large contract.

kumizi

Reaction score
CZ finally catching on about two years later. Just like with Jaylon.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lots of smart people around here were clear it was a bad move to sign him to that ridiculous extension. And it's really gonna hurt next year when he's got an $18 million cap hit. They could make him a June 1 cut and save zero on the cap. That's not great but at least it gets you out from under him.

But I fear they are going to get stupid and restructure his base salary of $12 million and kick $9 million or so into future years not learning their lesson.

Jerry let loyalty and his love affair with "stars" force him into a dumb *** decision a couple of years ago.

Another extension would be so dumb. At this point Zeke should be seen as a bridge veteran here. Can't extend him here to his market value, as it would be seen as so low as to be a humiliating cut. He has to go somewhere else. His main value is his name to a team struggling to put butts in the seats. Next year we need to be drafting RBs.