Zeke has 463 yards rushing in his last 11 games

EST_1986

Reaction score
your fandom is overrated and fell off a cliff.

our offensive line has been nothing but average the last 5 weeks + and thats the reason the offense looks bad as whole, period. the fact you can't see that and accept that makes you spare and very bad fan.

you should take up chess, its a much slower and easier to break down and comprehend then team sports. you obviously dont comprehend the fact it takes and Offensive line and a well-designed run scheme to actually give any RB chance to succeed

Moore and our OL has hurt this team since the bye, thats obvious and apparent and that why you are clueless.
Pollard gets it done

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
zekes not broken the offensive line and OC is..facts..

Then why hasn't Pollard been affected?

Zeke started the year playing well.

games 1-4 he had a 5.34 YPC
games 5-8 he went 4.38.

Since then however:

games 9-12 he had a 3.18 YPC
games 13+ he's been at 3.26

Some might blame the OL, but check out Pollard's splits:

games 1-4: 6.76
games 5-8: 4.37
games 9-12: 5.69
games 13+: 5.09

Sydla

Reaction score

games 5-8 he went 4.38.

Since then however:

I think the issues are tied to a few things. You will see people argue that's it not fair to compare as Elliott runs against more stacked lines. OK, but basically, the reason Elliott runs against more stacked lines largely is due to the fact he's a limited back at this point. Teams don't fear him as an edge player. He's a between the tackles runner at this point. So when he's in the game, they don't worry about him on a toss sweep or splitting out wide or being a huge threat in the screen game to take one 40 yards. They load the box because when Elliott runs it, he's going between the tackles.

Watch the last few games and note how many times on a run, the DEs/edge defenders largely ignore any containment and just crash down on Elliott. Once or twice, due to the OL caving in the defensive front, he's been able to then bounce out a run for 5-6 yards but that's about it.

I really think between his injury slowing him down and his general decline as a player, he's a factor in the issues we've seen with the O.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think the issues are tied to a few things. You will see people argue that's it not fair to compare as Elliott runs against more stacked lines. OK, but basically, the reason Elliott runs against more stacked lines largely is due to the fact he's a limited back at this point. Teams don't fear him as an edge player. He's a between the tackles runner at this point. So when he's in the game, they don't worry about him on a toss sweep or splitting out wide or being a huge threat in the screen game to take one 40 yards. They load the box because when Elliott runs it, he's going between the tackles.

Watch the last few games and note how many times on a run, the DEs/edge defenders largely ignore any containment and just crash down on Elliott. Once or twice, due to the OL caving in the defensive front, he's been able to then bounce out a run for 5-6 yards but that's about it.

I really think between his injury slowing him down and his general decline as a player, he's a factor in the issues we've seen with the O.

Good post and I agree. I also think it's the reason that we see Moore trying those WR screens, etc, is to mitigate this and get teams to try and spread a little and open things up (though it's not working).

We need to feed Pollard the ball & not just up the middle, but off-tackle, sweeps, tosses, counters--mix it up. It will open everything else up and take pressure of Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pollard gets it done
3 for 9 yards is off the charts awesome..he doesnt

74452590.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
as compared to 9 for 16 lmao

see you failed to including receiving stats ...convenient
exactly they both failed, period and its not them, period

move on, you are no longer worth responding too..clueless waste of time

Traye1

Reaction score
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(

We are Not a running team! Under Garrett everybody complained because we ran the ball too much. So understand when you are a run dominant team, with a FEATURE back, he gets the ball early and late (consistently) during games. Typically when teams play to defend a featured running back, the back's first 8 to 10 carries may average below 4 yards per carry. It is only when a team is consistently committed to run the ball, a feature back like Zeke has proven to be, will begin to pick up larger chunks of yardage due to wearing a defense out. THAT is no longer our game plan! Fans love exciting plays...explosive offensives with creativity. THAT is what we supposedly have in Moore's play calling. When it does not work, EVERYBODY looks bad. We have no identity at this point, we are good in several areas but not GREAT or dominant at anything and definitely show no COMMITTED strategy to win games. With all that being said...Go Cowboys as I wish them the best! DC for life from a fan who as a kid spent a lot of time with family members who lived directly across the street from Bullet Bob Hayes during his prime years with the Boyz.

EST_1986

Reaction score
exactly they both failed, period and its not them, period

move on, you are no longer worth responding too..clueless waste of time
you give the guy with 300% more production more of an opportunity, thinks would have been a bit different

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you give the guy with 300% more production more of an opportunity, thinks would have been a bit different
It applies to zeke. He....and runners like him....get more production after 10 carries.

Kellen isn't smart or brave enough to commit.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(
Seriously, the reasons him and Pollard aren't getting theirs is because of Dak's inabilities to read the defenses and attack them through the air. He's an average QB at best who can't get a handle on how to attack a decent DC's defense schemes. Therefore, we have 2nd and 3rd string CB's covering our top receivers and are winning because Dak can't read what he's throwing into so he ends up on his *** or overthrowing or under throwing receivers at an alarming rate. Has the that KIRK COUSINS disease....................................

EST_1986

Reaction score

games 5-8 he went 4.38.

Since then however:

Don't start giving out facts to support things @blueblood70 will blow a gasket

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Remember Marion Barber? That's what he frequently did. They'd call an inside run but if the hole didn't open, he bounced it outside and turned a no gain or short gain play into a good gain. Barber was good at that.
Not Zeke so much, he just dives into that brick wall whether there's a hole or not. Course I don't think Zeke has the speed anymore to kick it outside.
Exactly. Teams know this too. I bet it’s something like 80% he runs inside.

lk8701

Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy. I do not know what happened to him since 2018. That was the last year I remember him running well. If I was playing a simulation and running the ball out of the I Form, Zeke is lead blocking for Pollard.

Barkley for the Giants as well. That is not the same player that came out of college. I think injuries caught up to him.

Exactly why a team should never draft a RB in the top 5. I wouldn't even draft a RB in the 1st round.

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly why a team should never draft a RB in the top 5. I wouldn't even draft a RB in the 1st round.

I have to agree based on what I've seen over recent history. It doesn't seem to make sense anymore.

vig454

Reaction score
With Jerry Jones we will have to put up with Zeke's play for another 2-3 yrs because Jerry thinks he is still a stud. Same with Dak , Jerry Jones thinks he is getting better and will be a great QB ONE of these days. :facepalm:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seems like running backs from the 70s-90s were just built different.

Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Thurman Thomas, etc. are just a few other examples of durable backs with several consecutive 1000+ yard seasons.

They were eating different back then.

The ones people remember are the ones who last. These are the super freaks. Plenty more guys who were great but broke down. Some really good for a short time.

Go over to
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00.htm

See the section on the bottom. Similar players. Some all time greats. Lots of "oh yeah, they were really good for a while". If Zeke's career ended today (the bottom Career line), most of the players they would compare him to are the "oh yeah" players.

Similar Players

3 Clinton Portis, William Andrews, Eric Dickerson*, Marshall Faulk*, Adrian Peterson, Joseph Addai, Terry Metcalf, Roger Craig, LaDainian Tomlinson*, Billy Sims
4 Clinton Portis, Marshall Faulk*, Eric Dickerson*, Franco Harris*, Adrian Peterson, William Andrews, Warrick Dunn, Earl Campbell*, Billy Sims, Jim Kiick
Career Willie Parker, Dave Hampton, Todd Gurley, Joseph Addai, Billy Sims, Devonta Freeman, Joe Morris, Cookie Gilchrist, Gale Sayers*, Art Malone