Zeke has 463 yards rushing in his last 11 games

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Lots of mileage on his body although he was playing very good before the knee injury. Should have sat out a few games to rest. I hate it for running backs but you just can’t give them big contracts because of the wear and tear on their bodies. But lot if the run game issue has been play calling of Moore.
99% of runs seem slow handoff right up center’s butt.......

.....for 2 yds and a cloud of dust. And that center is definitely NOOOO Travis Frederick.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
it’s zeke that is predictable. All he does is dive inside. Backs get the ball and they go wherever the holes are.

pollard, lamb both get Carrie’s and they bounce outside. Some more designed for it.

Remember Marion Barber? That's what he frequently did. They'd call an inside run but if the hole didn't open, he bounced it outside and turned a no gain or short gain play into a good gain. Barber was good at that.
Not Zeke so much, he just dives into that brick wall whether there's a hole or not. Course I don't think Zeke has the speed anymore to kick it outside.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Flamma---only a very few RB's worthy of second contract....Peterson...Gore and Barry Sanders...and some others ....did you know Barry Sanders for 10 years as RB averaged 1500 a season..he had terrible line

most of the time...... and........ he did not lose a step and continually faked everyone out of their jocks and retired in prime....we dont see backs keep their speed and twitchy-ness anymore?...must be they are getting

hammered harder than in the past/...but i dont know...Barry Sanders was a super freak

Barry was an abomination. But no, I do not believe they are getting hit harder now. Go back and watch some games from the 80s and 90s. The first thing you notice is how much more aggressive the defense plays. They're gang tackling and launching.

But regardless of Zeke, we've become a more pass oriented team. We've lost our balance.

Flamma

Reaction score
Most backs don't last long in the NFL, especially power backs like Zeke.

I wonder too if the drug testing at the NFL level is more stringent than the college level, so that players are just more roided up in college. Their first year in the NFL still has the effects, which wear off over time.

Good point. It used to be much less stringent at the college level. I don't know how it is now. Remember that high prospect bust Tony Manderich? I forget how to spell his name. But that was a big problem for him. He had to stop.

Blake

Reaction score
That is what makes Emmitt so untouchable. I cant imagine his record is broken in my lifetime. It's amazing how he kept chugging along.

Seems like running backs from the 70s-90s were just built different.

Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Thurman Thomas, etc. are just a few other examples of durable backs with several consecutive 1000+ yard seasons.

They were eating different back then.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Also, Zeke is a workhouse back that needs multiple carries a game to impose his will. Emmitt in reality was the same way, most of his bigger runs came in the late game, after the RG and OL wore down the defensive front.
When Zeke gets over 300 attempts, his YPA are generally better than even Emmitt’s.
The most attempts Zeke ever got were 322, while Emmitt got well over 300, 5 out of 7 of his first years.
The main problem is our ‘elite’ QB can’t move the chains on third down.

Neither can our 'elite paid' RB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke is not the same. Worn down. Goes down after the first tpuch on him. Doesn't help this Oline stinks and can no longer create lanes he can run through.

Overpaid. His production is no longer equalling his pay. Time to reduce his pay.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Zeke lost the burst a couple of years ago. You will see it twice a year when he’s fired up but on a consistent basis he doesn’t have it. He’s a great blocker and a nice WR out of the backfield but they rode him hard for 3 years and it caught up quick. Reminds me of myself with my kids…without getting hit..one day I was chasing them around with no issue and now I feel a tight lower back or a groin strain.
This ^^^^^

t's really this simple. Garrett had ZERO imagination and ZERO innovation. Not sure why he was the last one leaving the building every day. It was Zeke on 1st. Zeke on 2nd. Throw it to him on 3rd or have him block on 3rd. He was getting hit every play. It was the wrong way to protect your top 5 pick investment. I also think he was 21 his rookie year. Very young for a guy getting punished by grown men that they have been in a NFL strength and conditioning program for 7+ years. Tyron Smith was even younger. Which is also why his body has broken down prematurely.

The biggest error of Jerry Jones reign will be staying in bed with Garrett too long. Complimenting Zeke with a Pollard type should have been the plan from the beginning. But I guess they wanted to get their "money's worth". So we rode him like a mule. Zeke and his camp saw that early on and made sure the Cowboys did not do him like they did DeMarco Murray....and for that...I am not mad at Zeke at all.

Garrett was stuck in the 90s. I don't ever see Emmitt's record being broken. Todays athletes are too big strong and fast. RBs will never play long enough to survive the collisions that occur with the size and speed of defenders today. Heck, not even Emmit would replicate his production in todays NFL.

Cmac

Reaction score
And play calling. I think it’s a mixture of all 3.
I'm with you.......but we can agree...... on this board, the bulk of criticism is coming Zeke's way, as usual. TPollard didn't light it up either. We've been beaten in the trenches since Game 1.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(

He got hot for a few weeks after Pollard started the Charger game (and kicked butt). But, he injured his knee on 10/2 against Carolina........ He was sluggish last year too though. He hasn't been the same guy since the holdout.

I never wanted to draft him, let alone resign him. His antics on the field celebrating any run longer than 4 yards are ridiculous.

Motorola

Reaction score
and he’s doing it at 3.4 yards a clip. that is ABYSMAL.

i think i might hate this team :(

When "The Great Wall of Dallas" started crumbling (Travis Frederick retiring, Tyron Smith's injuries every season now, etc.) - the running game began to deteriorate as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he's been hurt for a while and sadly still has more yards than Zeke. We've seen our own second string RB have better production than Zeke so to think one of the best RB's in the league in Henry wouldn't do well here, you're brain is fried
your math sux thats not the point its how many caiires,,219 to 219 thats the comp the yards are nearly identical zekes not getting carries and the OL sux run plan from OC sux if you can not swee that you ARE BLIND ..it shows zeke is as effective as henry when they are actually feeding him and can actually open holes..got it yet? the fact that zeke only has 219 with henry out shows this is pass happy team that for got how to run..got it yet..clueless fans so hateful of player they cant even see what the facts are..

zekes not broken the offensive line and OC is..facts..

EST_1986

Reaction score
your math sux thats not the point its how many caiires,,219 to 219 thats the comp the yards are nearly identical zekes not getting carries and the OL sux run plan from OC sux if you can not swee that you ARE BLIND ..it shows zeke is as effective as henry when they are actually feeding him and can actually open holes..got it yet? the fact that zeke only has 219 with henry out shows this is pass happy team that for got how to run..got it yet..clueless fans so hateful of player they cant even see what the facts are..

zekes not broken the offensive line and OC is..facts..
jonah-hill-okay.gif

can anyone convert this to English?

blueblood70

Reaction score
jonah-hill-okay.gif

can anyone convert this to English?
yes, i would but I'd get benched for what i would have actually typed!

better left this way and well super-duper nice comeback. So much validity in being a grammar and spelling!@#$%^&*()_!. so original.:facepalm::muttley:

EST_1986

Reaction score
yes, i would but I'd get benched for what i would have actually typed!

better left this way and well super-duper nice comeback. So much validity in being a grammar and spelling!@#$%^&*()_!. so original.:facepalm::muttley:
Zeke fell off a cliff and you won't accept it, what else can be said? Pointing out your inability to type a coherent sentence is all I can do. Your assessment that Zeke's a good running back is just as bad as your typing. Zeke is an overpaid fullback.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke fell off a cliff and you won't accept it, what else can be said? Pointing out your inability to type a coherent sentence is all I can do. Your assessment that Zeke's a good running back is just as bad as your typing. Zeke is an overpaid fullback.
your fandom is overrated and fell off a cliff.

our offensive line has been nothing but average the last 5 weeks + and thats the reason the offense looks bad as whole, period. the fact you can't see that and accept that makes you spare and very bad fan.

you should take up chess, its a much slower and easier to break down and comprehend then team sports. you obviously dont comprehend the fact it takes and Offensive line and a well-designed run scheme to actually give any RB chance to succeed

Moore and our OL has hurt this team since the bye, thats obvious and apparent and that why you are clueless.