Zeke has been a distraction since he was drafted by the Cowboys

Cas2800

Reaction score
Players didn't ask for a salary cap. The owners wanted it, it's their job to manage it.
And that's what they are doing. As a 15+ Year Cowboy Season ticket holder I'm more interested in the owner looking out for the best interest of the long term interests of the team, not one selfish greedy player. You cant tell sell the that Zeke is 15 million dollars better then Pollard. Pay the guys who want to be hear as team players not these divas who are all about themselves. Jerry offered to make Zeke the 2nd highest paid RB but his EGO want the title of highest. Like the original post says.....Zeke has been nothing but problems since he was drafted. I hope Jerry and Co move on from this type of player. If not.....Many more Cowboys will be following the hold out plan.

Eanwen

Reaction score
You don't think Dak & others are bothered when Zeke's guy says Dak will be a 'bum' with a new contract?

I think that's a matter of interpretation honestly. He didn't explicitly call Dak a bum as much as he called other qbs with big contracts bums. In any case no I doubt it bothers Dak in the same way it bothers fans. I think he's looking forward to proving everyone wrong.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
And that's what they are doing. As a 15+ Year Cowboy Season ticket holder I'm more interested in the owner looking out for the best interest of the long term interests of the team, not one selfish greedy player. You cant tell sell the that Zeke is 15 million dollars better then Pollard. Pay the guys who want to be hear as team players not these divas who are all about themselves. Jerry offered to make Zeke the 2nd highest paid RB but his EGO want the title of highest. Like the original post says.....Zeke has been nothing but problems since he was drafted. I hope Jerry and Co move on from this type of player. If not.....Many more Cowboys will be following the hold out plan.

Your ignorance of profession sports in general, and the NFL specifically is breathtaking.

slick325

Reaction score
Every since Zeke has been drafted by the Cowboys, he's been a distraction. I am a fan of every player the Cowboys select and supports them 100%. However, every team operates with a (pie) salary cap. Players have to understand that if they have too much of the pie there isn't much left for their teammates. So, as far as Zeke goes personally I feel he was made a very fair offer and hope the FO pull their offer and seek a trade. If Zeke does return without a new contract he will become a major distraction and would hurt team chemistry.

Let him walk...who wants him on any team?! Since he is such a piece of .... Then who would want a person or player like him? No one right? Let him walk...

Proof

Reaction score
Lawrence also finished out his contract and agreed to be franchised with the understanding he wasn't going to sign a second franchise tender. Completely different than Zeke with 2 years left and no franchise tag

he also didn’t have a 5th yr option and still had a lot to prove after being constantly injured and being suspended for peds. Also the DE franchise tag was a fully guaranteed 17 mil, which for what he’d actually proven to that point was a monster coup

lostar2009

Reaction score
I get what you are saying. But DeMarcus Lawrence reportedly told Stephen Jones during negotiations "the salary cap is a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem."

Running backs have one shot at a big contract and this is Zeke's chance. The position he plays means his second deal- if there is one- will be a lot smaller.

That's almost every position group in the NFL. Most players won't be on a roster at the age of 30. The reason why RBs are devalued is due to the fact there really aren't any elite backs.Not too many elite backs has emerge in the NFL in quite some time. But every so often an "elite" back enters the league and is drafted in the top 5 or 10. Most of the time they end up as bust. In today's NFL a team can win games with a NFL average/good quailty starting RB. Having that elite back is now nothing more than a luxury in today pass happy league.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Granted, he's been a distraction from the beginning.

Thus far this year, he's been a pain in the butt.

Awesome duty for anyone, to be sure!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :omg: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
That's almost every position group in the NFL. Most players won't be on a roster at the age of 30. The reason why RBs are devalued is due to the fact there really aren't any elite backs.Not too many elite backs has emerge in the NFL in quite some time. But every so often an "elite" back enters the league and is drafted in the top 5 or 10. Most of the time they end up as bust. In today's NFL a team can win games with a NFL average/good quailty starting RB. Having that elite back is now nothing more than a luxury in today pass happy league.
Also having an elite RB was more important when our offense couldn't do much besides run the ball. Right now our offense has plenty of weapons besides Zeke. That and a new IC that is willing to mix things up. Make no mistake the Cowboys are a better team with him, but he isn't a must have like before.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Zeke will roux the day.
* while wearing rouge, fer' that accenting highlighter theatrical effect ,to extra illustrate the inner depths of that rouxin' he'd be havin' goin' on,I'd reckon,too:lmao:

*prolly gots a small gourdful of it squirreled away in that there handbag he'd been seen totin' around the towns& countryside.

tico

Reaction score
Every since Zeke has been drafted by the Cowboys, he's been a distraction. I am a fan of every player the Cowboys select and supports them 100%. However, every team operates with a (pie) salary cap. Players have to understand that if they have too much of the pie there isn't much left for their teammates. So, as far as Zeke goes personally I feel he was made a very fair offer and hope the FO pull their offer and seek a trade. If Zeke does return without a new contract he will become a major distraction and would hurt team chemistry.
He is part of the team chemistry, his teammates are supporting him. This is about $$$$ bro not disrespect... I hate it but why hasn't Dak or Cooper signed yet? Yeah because they are wanting that bread just like Zeke

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This whine is getting old. Jerry and Stephen have the leverage. Always.

Except....

When they have assembled a team to win, and the running back will play out his first contract and then either get shoved aside, or offered chump change.

Zeke had the hammer at this precise moment. All the crying over the contract is pointless unless Jerry files a lawsuit against Zeke for failure to perform.

So obviously they play by different rules than you are me. No matter how emotional you are about this.
I'm not whining just pointing out how wrong some are by comparing Zeke's situation with others like Emmitt and D law. Ones whining are the ones complaining Zeke has out performed his rookie deal

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
he also didn’t have a 5th yr option and still had a lot to prove after being constantly injured and being suspended for peds. Also the DE franchise tag was a fully guaranteed 17 mil, which for what he’d actually proven to that point was a monster coup
Cause he knew he could get paid more by betting on himself. Teams aren't going to give out new contracts to guys with 2 years on their deal left unless it's for a discount, typically.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

This is your life, Ezekiel Elliott: Congratulations For Your Many Accomplishments: :thumbup:

It's an awesome responsibility for any one man to be such a Winner, such a Loser and such a Jackass, simultaneously!
:muttley:

Last edited:

Cas2800

Reaction score
Your ignorance of profession sports in general, and the NFL specifically is breathtaking.
Nope just tired of the premadonnas who think they are above all and greedy has gotten the best of them. Jerry needs to stop negotiations like the Chargers did and show Zeke and any other player on the team that they will not be held hostage by one player. He either signs the contract to pay him 15 mil a year or get paid nothing.....See how long Zeke hold out lasts then. You obviously don't understand the notion of trying to pay an entire football team under the Salary cap. This isn't Madden football where you get to pick a new team every year with fake money, Its a business

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm not whining just pointing out how wrong some are by comparing Zeke's situation with others like Emmitt and D law. Ones whining are the ones complaining Zeke has out performed his rookie deal

The "I know you are but what am I," routine is thin.