Zeke has been a distraction since he was drafted by the Cowboys

BHendri5

Reaction score
Every since Zeke has been drafted by the Cowboys, he's been a distraction. I am a fan of every player the Cowboys select and supports them 100%. However, every team operates with a (pie) salary cap. Players have to understand that if they have too much of the pie there isn't much left for their teammates. So, as far as Zeke goes personally I feel he was made a very fair offer and hope the FO pull their offer and seek a trade. If Zeke does return without a new contract he will become a major distraction and would hurt team chemistry.

A distraction for who you not no one else certainly not the team

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
* while wearing rouge, fer' that accenting highlighter theatrical effect ,to extra illustrate the inner depths of that rouxin' he'd be havin' goin' on,I'd reckon,too:lmao:

*prolly gots a small gourdful of it squirreled away in that there handbag he'd been seen totin' around the towns& countryside.
Let me think about that, oaf.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Nope just tired of the premadonnas who think they are above all and greedy has gotten the best of them. Jerry needs to stop negotiations like the Chargers did and show Zeke and any other player on the team that they will not be held hostage by one player. He either signs the contract to pay him 15 mil a year or get paid nothing.....See how long Zeke hold out lasts then. You obviously don't understand the notion of trying to pay an entire football team under the Salary cap. This isn't Madden football where you get to pick a new team every year with fake money, Its a business

And as Tank stated in his signing PC, the cap is not his problem; it’s the team’s. Same with every other player.

The team.

There is only one other NFL player that concerns his salary to the team, and that’s only because his wife could buy a team from her couch money.

If Zeke holds out, it would be up to the ninth game, I believe, to toll the year. And I am sure he’s planned this out after Gurley; not only because of the $$$, but because of physical health. If Zeke takes one bad hit, his 2nd contract may never occur.

Gurley won’t finish his contract. Zeke wants the new deal now, because no one knows what condition he will be in next year, or the year after.

Do I understand the team abilities to manage the cap? No, just generally; definitively not close to the Jones’. And of all the things that came from or alleged to come from the Jones, they haven’t pleaded poverty. They likely thought it would come next year. However, the CBA rules allow for 1st rounder contract extension after 3 years. And Zeke is on of the few non QBs that has the juice to pull this off (for an example of someone who doesn’t, please note the Chargers’ alleged franchise RB troubles).

But I can’t prevent anyone who is determined to pull out their hair, rip their clothes and/ or scream at the heavens.

Makes for fascinating reading, though.

windjc

Reaction score
And as Tank stated in his signing PC, the cap is not his problem; it’s the team’s. Same with every other player.

The team.

There is only one other NFL player that concerns his salary to the team, and that’s only because his wife could buy a team from her couch money.

If Zeke holds out, it would be up to the ninth game, I believe, to toll the year. And I am sure he’s planned this out after Gurley; not only because of the $$$, but because of physical health. If Zeke takes one bad hit, his 2nd contract may never occur.

Gurley won’t finish his contract. Zeke wants the new deal now, because no one knows what condition he will be in next year, or the year after.

Do I understand the team abilities to manage the cap? No, just generally; definitively not close to the Jones’. And of all the things that came from or alleged to come from the Jones, they haven’t pleaded poverty. They likely thought it would come next year. However, the CBA rules allow for 1st rounder contract extension after 3 years. And Zeke is on of the few non QBs that has the juice to pull this off (for an example of someone who doesn’t, please note the Chargers’ alleged franchise RB troubles).

But I can’t prevent anyone who is determined to pull out their hair, rip their clothes and/ or scream at the heavens.

What will you say if Jerry just waits for Zeke to come crawling back week 10?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
And that's what they are doing. As a 15+ Year Cowboy Season ticket holder I'm more interested in the owner looking out for the best interest of the long term interests of the team, not one selfish greedy player. You cant tell sell the that Zeke is 15 million dollars better then Pollard. Pay the guys who want to be hear as team players not these divas who are all about themselves. Jerry offered to make Zeke the 2nd highest paid RB but his EGO want the title of highest. Like the original post says.....Zeke has been nothing but problems since he was drafted. I hope Jerry and Co move on from this type of player. If not.....Many more Cowboys will be following the hold out plan.
I'm more interested in knowing how you think he's interested in that when he's been getting your season ticket money for 15+ years.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I get what you are saying.
But DeMarcus Lawrence reportedly told Stephen Jones during negotiations "the salary cap is a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem."

Running backs have one shot at a big contract and this is Zeke's chance. The position he plays means his second deal- if there is one- will be a lot smaller.

DLaw was wrong, it's a TEAM problem. He was just attempting to neutralize the argument by passing the buck, which does not solve the problem. It's another way of saying "Hey, just give me more, and take it away from Zeke or Dak or whoever."

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Every since Zeke has been drafted by the Cowboys, he's been a distraction. I am a fan of every player the Cowboys select and supports them 100%. However, every team operates with a (pie) salary cap. Players have to understand that if they have too much of the pie there isn't much left for their teammates. So, as far as Zeke goes personally I feel he was made a very fair offer and hope the FO pull their offer and seek a trade. If Zeke does return without a new contract he will become a major distraction and would hurt team chemistry.
Every year the pie gets bigger. Today's pie is 188.2 million. That same pie was 120 million in 2011. Players understand next year brings more pie.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Zeke has been a distraction since he was drafted by the Cowboys

A distraction for defenders that is essential to Dak and the passing game. Does anyone remember our record when Zeke was on the sideline?

Pollard will be shut down in a heartbeat.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get what you are saying. But DeMarcus Lawrence reportedly told Stephen Jones during negotiations "the salary cap is a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem."

Whether he likes it or not, the "you" problem directly affects him and the team. He can get away with it because he's DLaw. Other players are finding out it's their problem too.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Also having an elite RB was more important when our offense couldn't do much besides run the ball. Right now our offense has plenty of weapons besides Zeke. That and a new IC that is willing to mix things up. Make no mistake the Cowboys are a better team with him, but he isn't a must have like before.
People keep saying that but this new offense and new OC haven't proved anything yet. Nobody knows if this is a new offense or not. Right now it's just talk and I'll believe it when I see it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He is part of the team chemistry, his teammates are supporting him. This is about $$$$ bro not disrespect... I hate it but why hasn't Dak or Cooper signed yet? Yeah because they are wanting that bread just like Zeke
And anyone that thinks they are going to take a discount are going to be very disappointed too.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's almost every position group in the NFL. Most players won't be on a roster at the age of 30. The reason why RBs are devalued is due to the fact there really aren't any elite backs.Not too many elite backs has emerge in the NFL in quite some time. But every so often an "elite" back enters the league and is drafted in the top 5 or 10. Most of the time they end up as bust. In today's NFL a team can win games with a NFL average/good quailty starting RB. Having that elite back is now nothing more than a luxury in today pass happy league.

I agree with you. But when has this not been the case? I can't name 3 teams where the RB wasn't just a luxury. How far do we have to go back? Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Eric Dickerson. How many championships do they have? Any elite back that did win one were usually on stacked teams. But they can be a good luxury to have.

Cas2800

Reaction score

The team.

I hope he does sit out until week 10 and is fined the maximum for each game missed, Instead he could sign the contact paying him almost a million dollars a week. How long does it take you to make a million dollars.....lol. Sure its not the players to manage the cap. Its the teams and that's what their doing by not caving to his hold out. These Athletes are getting out of control with their demands. And sure one bad hit and his career could be over.....Just like one more run in with the law or with Godell. Lets face it the guys not too bright.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Lawrence also finished out his contract and agreed to be franchised with the understanding he wasn't going to sign a second franchise tender. Completely different than Zeke with 2 years left and no franchise tag
That understanding didn't stop them from using it a second time.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He's a major distraction off the field as well. Elliott wants to top Gurley's deal, which would require at least $45 million guaranteed and an average salary better than $14.375 million. What happens when, yes, WHEN he gets suspended yet again? The team will be back to square one.

I wish they would have picked up Ajayi. With him, Pollard & Morris this team would be just fine and would have saved a substantial amount of money.

Be Careful What You Ask For Zeke Fans

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Let me think about that, oaf.
* great news,ol' bean, as the tinsmith's messenger boy relays that yer' custom fitted drool bucket shall be delivered to yer' doors stoop in less than a fortnight's span, saints be praised:thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When Zeke arrived our team started to WIN WIN WIN.....when Zeke was out we LOST LOST LOST LOST except to the going nowhere G-Men 2times,Skins,Barely beat the Raiders.....ya I'd say Zeke is worth all the distractions and then some baby!