Zeke has been a distraction since he was drafted by the Cowboys

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Players didn't ask for a salary cap. The owners wanted it, it's their job to manage it.

Yes but when they DO try to manage it, everybody cries about it. That salary cap was part of the plan to create parity which a lot of people are a big fan of. If one likes the concept of parity, they shouldn't complain about the salary cap or the effects of trying to manage it. Personally I don't like the salary cap nor their phoney artificial "parity".

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That understanding didn't stop them from using it a second time.
Because he would have been a free agent, so they franchised him..... He didn't sign it and they worked out a deal. Not a hard concept to understand

Noclaf

Reaction score
Hopfully this ends up with Zeke being traded, so we won't have to see him again, I'm so done with his foolishness. He will get paid hopefully not by us, get kicked out of the league for being a moron

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is your life, Ezekiel Elliott: Congratulations For Your Many Accomplishments: :thumbup:
It's an awesome responsibility for any one man to be such a Winner, such a Loser and such a Jackass, simultaneously!
:muttley:
:clap:

lukin2006

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Move on from him. Trade him for whatever you can get and just move on. He will destroy the locker room of his next team...

lostar2009

Reaction score
Also having an elite RB was more important when our offense couldn't do much besides run the ball. Right now our offense has plenty of weapons besides Zeke. That and a new IC that is willing to mix things up. Make no mistake the Cowboys are a better team with him, but he isn't a must have like before.

Exactly, a good running game makes a difference but a good quality back help things out a lot. We seem to have found that with Pollard. If we had another guy to surface besides Zeke I think we would've let him walk base on his current contract demands.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I agree with you. But when has this not been the case? I can't name 3 teams where the RB wasn't just a luxury. How far do we have to go back? Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Eric Dickerson. How many championships do they have? Any elite back that did win one were usually on stacked teams. But they can be a good luxury to have.

Emmit Smith and Terrell Davis (up for debate) probably the last elite RB that played on a SB winning team, that I can recall. Most other teams just used a mid round pick to find a good/above average quality NFL back and they win. Ex. See NE with Blount. The problem with the market is no RB is really sperating themselves. So why spend a lot of money on them. At this point the market is bad for RBs, and rightfully so. The market shifted when Gurley got his. But his downward performance, injuries, and match production by a no body has once again cast doubt on extending RB to mega deals.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Than don't reply

The word you struggled for is THEN.

Than is used when you're talking about comparisons; then is used when you're talking about something relating to time.

Zeke will always make more money THAN you.

When Zeke hoists the Lombardi Trophy, all the people who got their feelings hurt because he wanted a raise will THEN have to just watch in silence.

kskboys

Reaction score
And as Tank stated in his signing PC, the cap is not his problem; it’s the team’s. Same with every other player.

The team.

There is only one other NFL player that concerns his salary to the team, and that’s only because his wife could buy a team from her couch money.

If Zeke holds out, it would be up to the ninth game, I believe, to toll the year. And I am sure he’s planned this out after Gurley; not only because of the $$$, but because of physical health. If Zeke takes one bad hit, his 2nd contract may never occur.

Gurley won’t finish his contract. Zeke wants the new deal now, because no one knows what condition he will be in next year, or the year after.

Do I understand the team abilities to manage the cap? No, just generally; definitively not close to the Jones’. And of all the things that came from or alleged to come from the Jones, they haven’t pleaded poverty. They likely thought it would come next year. However, the CBA rules allow for 1st rounder contract extension after 3 years. And Zeke is on of the few non QBs that has the juice to pull this off (for an example of someone who doesn’t, please note the Chargers’ alleged franchise RB troubles).

But I can’t prevent anyone who is determined to pull out their hair, rip their clothes and/ or scream at the heavens.

Makes for fascinating reading, though.
So, you don't understand the cap or its implications, but you throw out a post proclaiming someone doesn't know how this works. OK then.

Flamma

Reaction score
Emmit Smith and Terrell Davis (up for debate) probably the last elite RB that played on a SB winning team, that I can recall. Most other teams just used a mid round pick to find a good/above average quality NFL back and they win. Ex. See NE with Blount. The problem with the market is no RB is really sperating themselves. So why spend a lot of money on them. At this point the market is bad for RBs, and rightfully so. The market shifted when Gurley got his. But his downward performance, injuries, and match production by a no body has once again cast doubt on extending RB to mega deals.

I mentioned those exact players in a different thread on a similar topic. I said the early 90s Cowboys and to some extent the late 90s Broncos were two teams where their RBs made the difference. That's why I said I couldn't name 3.

But yeah, there aren't that many exceptional backs around. And I understand how replaceable they are. But when you find an elite back and he's a big part of your offense, how much is he worth then? What if the back wants to bleed you? I'm afraid Dallas is going to have to pay what they feel he's worth to them, not market value.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I mentioned those exact players in a different thread on a similar topic. I said the early 90s Cowboys and to some extent the late 90s Broncos were two teams where their RBs made the difference. That's why I said I couldn't name 3.

But yeah, there aren't that many exceptional backs around. And I understand how replaceable they are. But when you find an elite back and he's a big part of your offense, how much is he worth then? What if the back wants to bleed you? I'm afraid Dallas is going to have to pay what they feel he's worth to them, not market value.

Welp, I know you caught the news. Zeke pull 90 mill mith 50G from the boys. If you look at Laveon Bell offer it was a 5year 70M with about 33G.

Flamma

Reaction score
Welp, I know you caught the news. Zeke pull 90 mill mith 50G from the boys. If you look at Laveon Bell offer it was a 5year 70M with about 33G.

Yes. But not before I wrote my post. I knew it had to happen. He's worth a lot to the Cowboys. Bell should have taken that offer. He just didn't like the 10 Mil Guaranteed.