Zeke has one more season in Dallas

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This is getting like a Dak thread. It's not hate, it's the cold hard fact that Zeke is overpaid for what he does, we're a team that's in CAP difficulty for the next 2 (probably 3 years) and he plays a role that can be filled with a limited one-dimensional RB in mid rounds of the draft.

There's no room for sentimentality, he got his contract and paid his money.

Exactly, this is what the Dak lovers fail to understand. Yea, you love Dak great. But love him all you want you cannot tell me that the contract given to him is largely detrimental to the overall health of the team. The same standard should be applied to Zeke, is his production commensurate to what he is being paid. Is performance not evaluated in any sane organization?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Exactly, this is what the Dak lovers fail to understand. Yea, you love Dak great. But love him all you want you cannot tell me that the contract given to him is largely detrimental to the overall health of the team. The same standard should be applied to Zeke, is his production commensurate to what he is being paid. Is performance not evaluated in any sane organization?
You never give large 2nd contracts to RBs, their bodies break down from all the hits. It was even crazier to pay him that contract then hire an OC like Moore who doesn’t seem committed to run game and who’s style doesn’t really mesh with Zeke.

quickccc

Reaction score
Can't cut him yet. Cap hit is too big. Feature Tony Pollard next season and have Zeke the change of pace back.

I'll say this. Zeke, on his end was brilliant for holding out to get his contract. Had he played on the current contract at the time, he would have never gotten another big contract like he did in Dallas. Kudos to him but it hurt Dallas in the long run.

" Change of pace " with a slow, lumbering back ?
If anything he offers a specialty back for short yardage/goal line, and obvious blitz-block situations.

- I had hope that this past offseason works with personal trainer Skip Hicks would do utter wonders for him. Oddly enuff, i never saw a slimmer down Zeke,- he looked like the
same frame and build he had previous years. Far different than his 2016 frame and form.

- Dunno if corrective surgery needed in offseason for the partially torn PCL in his knee, and he'll need offseason to rehab/rest, but if he is able to get into workout again, i'd hope he works
with Cowboys trainers and officials themselves -particularly with track n field regiments to help regain agility and burst.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Okaaay CowboyRoy......you've been heard. Get it out your system......but I'd pay to see you run on a bad knee with no blocking or an OL saying "my bad" every time.......that would be standing room only. Since Zeke salary is questioned on this board often........wouldn't it be great if JJ revenue had to drop for team underachievement. Imagine that.

Anyway, not trying to sway or convince otherwise about Zeke.......I know I can't and that's fine. All good.
The guy is done, he was bad last year. Why is that so hard to admit?