Zeke has one more season in Dallas

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke is done. And yah, the coaches are more to blame for playing his pathetic butt. And to think they had the PERFECT excuse to sit him the bench and play Pollard and they still didnt do it.
Okaaay CowboyRoy......you've been heard. Get it out your system......but I'd pay to see you run on a bad knee with no blocking or an OL saying "my bad" every time.......that would be standing room only. Since Zeke salary is questioned on this board often........wouldn't it be great if JJ revenue had to drop for team underachievement. Imagine that.

Anyway, not trying to sway or convince otherwise about Zeke.......I know I can't and that's fine. All good.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
One thing is for certain, the Cowboys can’t have both a volume passer and a volume runner featured in their offense. Either the focus becomes running the football and scheming an efficient, quick strike passing game or vice versa.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Can't cut him yet. Cap hit is too big. Feature Tony Pollard next season and have Zeke the change of pace back.

I'll say this. Zeke, on his end was brilliant for holding out to get his contract. Had he played on the current contract at the time, he would have never gotten another big contract like he did in Dallas. Kudos to him but it hurt Dallas in the long run.

he played with a PCL.

Pollard is UFA after next season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yep, the bottom line is that he's not worth the CAP amount now.

As you say, he's already worn down and once the injuries and diminishing dynamism start it tends to follow only one path.

For the production he gives we can draft a one dimensional inside runner in the middle rounds of the 2022 or 2023.

he rushed for 1000 yds with a PCL.

blumayne38

Reaction score
The ‘ol myth of Barry Sanders not having good lines.
Zeke isn’t holding back the running game, Moore is holding back the running game!!
Just the run blocking in general. Scheme, techniques, discipline has regressed enough for me to say coaching is 90% to blame.

BigWillie

Reaction score
KIBwkVn.png

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dallas leads the league in players that should be inducted into the Hall of Excuses. Romo, Dak, Dez and Zeke would definitely be first ballot. Garrett would be the first coach inducted.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
he rushed for 1000 yds with a PCL.

Whilst playing 17 games! My point isn't a dig at Zeke, just a fact that he's not value for his CAP allowance and plays a position that:
1) Relies on health and maintaining the one thing that we lose quickest as we age....speed.
2) Can be easily replaced by a mid-level draft prospect....especially if he's going to be limited a fullback type interior runner.

Whatever the views on his abilities, for the benefit of the team he'll be cut/traded(unlikely) or renegotiates a MUCH lower (Fullback equivalent contract) after the 2022 season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It is what it is, on a positive note, he blocked better than our tackles

Yep, Zeke is still a stud when it comes to blocking. He picked up two free blitzers coming free on Dak against the 49ers, that was dam impressive.

Maybe Fat Mike will share his Whataburger points with Zeke and bulk him up enough to play tackle next year:laugh:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Zeke was in good shape coming into the season and the issue is Pollard is not a 18 carries a game back in this league. Plus Pollard is a FA after next season . One will be gone after next season from wear & tear the other will be gone after contract expires no reason to over pay Pollard to stay,

Said this for months Cowboys should draft someone in the first four rounds ( quality back ) they carry into the season to help this position with fresh legs that actually contributes. Corey Clement should have been utilized more this season especially when Pollard went down but the position needs a long term upgrade .

Both Zeke and Pollard should be gone. Replace with cheap FA or 4th or 5th round RB's from the draft. Beef up the O-Line.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BLOW IT UP!

Zeke-Dak-Dlaw-Coop-Smith- lots of old or inept FAT going nowhere.......

Cut them all .....take the cap blood loss....and move on to a better tomorrow if that is possible with GM Jerry.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Looks to me as if it's only doable under a post June 1 trade.

The salary of 12.4 million is already guaranteed.

You'd probably have to attach pick 24 to entice a rebuilding team to take him on.

There's no other way....but fret not....all those workout videos are coming, and Jerry will put his ridiculous spin on it.

I've never seen a contract with such an awful structure. Absolutely uncuttable for four years.

For a RUNNING BACK.

We should probably all be a little less surprised when this team can't get it done considering who runs it.

I got to give Zeke credit, he bent Jerry over and didnt even use lube.

That albatross of a contract is just laughable, can't believe Jerry actually signed that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Whilst playing 17 games! My point isn't a dig at Zeke, just a fact that he's not value for his CAP allowance and plays a position that:
1) Relies on health and maintaining the one thing that we lose quickest as we age....speed.
2) Can be easily replaced by a mid-level draft prospect....especially if he's going to be limited a fullback type interior runner.

Whatever the views on his abilities, for the benefit of the team he'll be cut/traded(unlikely) or renegotiates a MUCH lower (Fullback equivalent contract) after the 2022 season.

no we know why they were limiting his rushes to 9 a game.

his PCL was torn.

you try running with a torn PCL .

Zeke is a freaking warrior.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

his PCL was torn.

Just stop. Zeke has been slowing before this season. Also, it's not a positive that he's had 2 seasons in a row with nagging injuries. That's a negative.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

his PCL was torn.

He may be a warrior and you're obviously looking at this from a position of being a Zeke fan....however, the hard fact is that he is not worth the CAP hit FOR WHATEVER REASON. Is this isnt going to improve (probably without losing a year to surgery) and as such after 2022 he has to go as we can't afford him.

Warrior maybe, but our CAP means that Zeke (and DLaw) are just expendable.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He may be a warrior and you're obviously looking at this from a position of being a Zeke fan....however, the hard fact is that he is not worth the CAP hit FOR WHATEVER REASON. Is this isnt going to improve (probably without losing a year to surgery) and as such after 2022 he has to go as we can't afford him.

Warrior maybe, but our CAP means that Zeke (and DLaw) are just expendable.

I get the Zeke hate.

he’s older and has some miles on that frame.

but he had 1200 APY and 12 TDS.

and played with that PCL.

much respect to him for that.

and he kept it hidden. No sympathy wanted by him.

he’s a warrior and that’s why he is Zeke.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I get the Zeke hate.

he’s older and has some miles on that frame.

but he had 1200 APY and 12 TDS.

and played with that PCL.

much respect to him for that.

and he kept it hidden. No sympathy wanted by him.

he’s a warrior and that’s why he is Zeke.

This is getting like a Dak thread. It's not hate, it's the cold hard fact that Zeke is overpaid for what he does, we're a team that's in CAP difficulty for the next 2 (probably 3 years) and he plays a role that can be filled with a limited one-dimensional RB in mid rounds of the draft.

There's no room for sentimentality, he got his contract and paid his money.