Twitter: Zeke headed to Cabo

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Isn’t there some rule that players don’t have to report for drug testing if they are out of the country? Isn’t this NFL drug testing season? I’m not connecting the dots; I’m just placing them.

Coy

Reaction score
He has all the leverage, but hey, we can do it without him, smh

feed-zeke-nfl-ranks-since-2016-1st-in-total-touches-60877013.png

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cabo is not far away from the US. I believe he was working out there when he was suspended.
Going to Cabo from Dallas is nothing.
A very easy couple of hours trip.
Hell, a terrible traffic day from south Dallas to Frisco takes that long.
People have always WAY overblown this.
Easier and faster to go to Cabo from Dallas than to even go to downtown Manhatten

Way back in 2007, when Romo and Witten went to Cabo, the problem was more the perception of it all.
It was actually a laid back trip to San Jose (not San Lucas) with the girlfriends compared to the wild Vegas and Miami parties that much of the rest of team went to....or the camping out at Dallas strip clubs.
But I don't think either would do it again because of perception of low IQ kneejerk reactions (vs thinking it through). They underestimated things for sure.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh shut up. If he wasn’t on our team we would be in trouble. He has all the leverage in the world and dallas will pay him what he wants.

He doesn't have nearly the leverage you think.

For example, if he doesn't show up by Aug 6th, he loses a year of service which means he's no closer to FA than he would be after playing this season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For example, if he doesn't show up by Aug 6th, he loses a year of service which means he's no closer to FA than he would be after playing this season.

That is incorrect.

A player does not accrue a year of service if he is not on the roster (53 or IR) for at least 6 games.

If a holdout player reports before game 11, then he accrues a season towards free agency.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke did this same thing when he was suspended in 2017 he went to Cabo. He’s going to train not to party.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He has all the leverage, but hey, we can do it without him, smh

If Pollard can use his 4.34 speed thru the open holes that our OL will create, i'm not worried. Pollard will also be involved in the passing game. Dak can run too. I'll be worried only if defenses can cover all our speed weapons at wr.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Going to Cabo from Dallas is nothing.
A very easy couple of hours trip.
Hell, a terrible traffic day from south Dallas to Frisco takes that long.
People have always WAY overblown this.
Easier and faster to go to Cabo from Dallas than to even go to downtown Manhatten

Way back in 2007, when Romo and Witten went to Cabo, the problem was more the perception of it all.
It was actually a laid back trip to San Jose (not San Lucas) with the girlfriends compared to the wild Vegas and Miami parties that much of the rest of team went to....or the camping out at Dallas trip clubs.
But I don't think either would do it again because of perception of low IQ kneejerk refractions (vs thinking it through). They underestimated things for sure.
Here is another perspective

I'm flying from Dallas to Charlotte, NC in a couple of weeks.
Flight time 2 hrs 36 minute

Zeke is flying to Cabo
Flight time 2 hours 38 minutes

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure why this is news......FO was/is waiting on a counter offer. I have to assume they've responded. You didn't expect him to report until this is settled, did you? Not saying I agree but it is what it is.

To be honest, as selfish as Zeke action may seem, extending him now is not all bad. Here's why, yes he still owe the Cowboys two years before becoming a UFA but if we've decided he's part of the long-term plan, extending him NOW buys two years of less wear and tear on a contract he was going to get anyway. He just turned 24, so extending him now will allow us to move on when he's 27, which actually the age argument Stephen Jones had with given Murray a new deal.

Think about it, we can still get Dak done this year also. Cooper has pretty said he's not signing until next year anyway. Bottom line, it all doable after all. Probably why Stephen doesn't seem concern at all.......

Coy

Reaction score
If Pollard can use his 4.34 speed thru the open holes that our OL will create, i'm not worried. Pollard will also be involved in the passing game. Dak can run too. I'll be worried only if defenses can cover all our speed weapons at wr.

Common man, it ain´t as easy as that, Zeke is one of the best backs in the NFL, it`s not only about speed, it`s vision, intelligence, QB protection etc..
Saying that, I still believe this will get resolved, no way he misses the opener.