Zeke & Henry comparison thus far

aria

Reaction score
First of all you seem have a hard enough time thinking for yourself so I would thank you not to attempt to think for me. I think Barkley is a FABULOUS running back and would be happy to have him on my team. This insistence that one guy has to suck in order for another guy to be good is junior high BS. I'm not in junior high. Barkley is great.. Henry is great.. Over the course of his career Zeke has been great but he is not great this year. If that's too nuanced for you then that's your problem not mine. There are a ton of good backs in the league. Frankly a damn sight more than there are good QBs but that's a discussion for another thread.

As for Zeke being "average to below average in almost every statistical category" you're going to need a slide rule to explain how being among the top 10 in yards (9th) , rushing TDs (T4), first downs (3), yards after contact (7th) and broken tackles (T8th) makes him "average to below average." I would love to know how he's ahead of so many guys yet is "average to below average in almost every statistical category." How does that work? The numbers say you are lying.. Zeke is at worst a top 10 back by pretty much any objective measure.. sans the fumbling this year of course.
I can think for myself just fine which is why I know what zeke is and you don’t. You have the herd mentality and with that I truly feel for you.

I never said zeke was bad and I have stated he was the best RB in 2016, top 5 in 17 and even top 10 last year. Again, almost every stat you brought up is a direct result of play calling and nothing specific to individual talents.

Most yards because he had the most carries because the coach called more running plays. That’s not rocket science. Almost every year for the past 20 years, the season rushing leader also had the most carries.

Rushing TD’s?! Lol, who cares? So because a coach gives him the ball on the 2 yard line instead of doing a QB sneak or passing I’m supposed to be impressed by TD’s? Again, those numbers are almost strictly a result of play calling, nothing special he’s done.

Instead of having to type everything out for you, how about you educate yourself. I have plenty more, let me know if these don’t help clarify things for you. Enjoy!

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/how-dominant-has-ezekiel-elliott-been-in-his-cowboys-career/

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/01/best-and-worst-rbs-at-creating-yards-in-2019-fantasy-football/

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-starting-running-backs-elusiveness

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...el-elliott-pff-2018-grade-football-outsiders/

https://sportdfw.com/2020/06/10/dallas-cowboys-teams-still-fear-ezekiel-elliott/

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/19/dallas-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-slowing/

As an added bonus...
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_1

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke is still the better all around player but clearly Henry is having a better year on the ground. I'm not sure what there is to be embarrassed about. Zeke's having a crappy year.. Up until last game Henry was actually having a worse year. Don't get sucked into recency bias. Henry had under 400 yards and was averaging under 4 yards per tote until his big game last weekend.

I posted last year, but Henry is actually a great blocker. Gave up less sacks than Zeke, if I recall.

The only debatable part of their game is receiving. But opportunity matters here, Henry has shown he has the ability to take receptions to the house when he is called upon.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I posted last year, but Henry is actually a great blocker. Gave up less sacks than Zeke, if I recall.

The only debatable part of their game is receiving. But opportunity matters here, Henry has shown he has the ability to take receptions to the house when he is called upon.

And Zeke has two 70+ yard receptions in his career and let's not gloss over that beautiful down the field over the shoulder catch against the Lions a couple of years ago.. that was a thing of beauty and absolutely something we need to do more. I'm taking Zeke in a footrace against 99% of linebackers in the league. If we get that matchup we need to exploit it.. no matter how many posters want to claim he's "slow." Just because he chooses not to expend the energy trying to hit a home run every time he gets the ball seems to bother some people. It doesn't bother me because I see and understand what he's doing . And if we could keep games close it would pay off for him (and the team) in the second half. Unfortunately we keep getting down and having to throw our way back into games. If we keep doing that we're going to keep being frustrated about Zeke's lack of production ....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wasn't taking any side in the Henry vs Zeke debate. They are both great backs. I think Zeke has had the better career so far...but he's also been in a better situation as far as supporting cast, and also opportunities given. I think Henry is the better back right now...Zeke's mileage is catching up to him. The Cowboys used an awful lot of money to re-invest in tires with that much mileage.
im saying you are looking at it backwards , henrys TEAM the last season and half has decided to build their team similar to the 2016-2018 Cowboys and Henrys reaping the rewards of the volume carry back and the DC went to the KM offense so Zekes already got his the front end and henry on the backend but virtually they are on the same path with staggered starts..

Zekes TEAM the KM offense has gone pass happy, the defense has gotten worse each year, finding themselves playing from behind more and the OL is no where close to 2016-2018

so appearances and circumstances are hurting zekes production..

you put zeke on this years titans and Browns teams he will look like Old zeke..ive seen old zeke many times last year in the first half of many games and to start this year, only to have Moore go away from the run game either by design or by us being behind 3 dang scores..

Praxit

Reaction score
im saying you are looking at it backwards , henrys TEAM the last season and half has decided to build their team similar to the 2016-2018 Cowboys and Henrys reaping the rewards of the volume carry back and the DC went to the KM offense so Zekes already got his the front end and henry on the backend but virtually they are on the same path with staggered starts..

Zekes TEAM the KM offense has gone pass happy, the defense has gotten worse each year, finding themselves playing from behind more and the OL is no where close to 2016-2018

so appearances and circumstances are hurting zekes production..

you put zeke on this years titans and Browns teams he will look like Old zeke..ive seen old zeke many times last year in the first half of many games and to start this year, only to have Moore go away from the run game either by design or by us being behind 3 dang scores..
..>>>> Old Zeke, didn't have fumblitis. That comes from lack of focus.

DanA

Reaction score
doesnt mean what you ate inferring. Sorry its just having run of bad luck. Your idiotic claims are not true..

He leads the league for fumbles over the span of his career. That's a long run of "bad luck"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
.......Zeke making $90 million, Henry basically half of that with his new contract: Notice Fumble stat in just 5 games.
xGvVv7P.png
:facepalm:

Big_D

Reaction score
Some will defend anything. Henry is the better RB TODAY. I don't care about the past 4 years. Or Zeke stats early on. Anyone who thinks Elliott is better than Henry RIGHT NOW is fooling themselves. Specially considering where they were drafted and the money they're making. Henry is an asset and Zeke is just an ***.

Playoff yards more than doubled. Same time span. Wasn't the 4th overall pick supposed to be that guy? Not the RB drafted at 45? This team is a huge joke right now and overpaying this clown just added to the mess they built here. He's become the problem not the solution. And it's the complete opposite in Tennessee.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I can think for myself just fine which is why I know what zeke is and you don’t. You have the herd mentality and with that I truly feel for you.

I never said zeke was bad and I have stated he was the best RB in 2016, top 5 in 17 and even top 10 last year. Again, almost every stat you brought up is a direct result of play calling and nothing specific to individual talents.

Most yards because he had the most carries because the coach called more running plays. That’s not rocket science. Almost every year for the past 20 years, the season rushing leader also had the most carries.

Rushing TD’s?! Lol, who cares? So because a coach gives him the ball on the 2 yard line instead of doing a QB sneak or passing I’m supposed to be impressed by TD’s? Again, those numbers are almost strictly a result of play calling, nothing special he’s done.

Instead of having to type everything out for you, how about you educate yourself. I have plenty more, let me know if these don’t help clarify things for you. Enjoy!

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/how-dominant-has-ezekiel-elliott-been-in-his-cowboys-career/

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/01/best-and-worst-rbs-at-creating-yards-in-2019-fantasy-football/

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-32-starting-running-backs-elusiveness

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...el-elliott-pff-2018-grade-football-outsiders/

https://sportdfw.com/2020/06/10/dallas-cowboys-teams-still-fear-ezekiel-elliott/

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/19/dallas-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-slowing/

As an added bonus...
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ants-all-time-records--126177397/#126177397_1
The colossal irony of a guy supporting his claim of thinking for himself by posting a bunch of links to other people's opinions surely is not lost on you. Well maybe it is.

As for your claim that "Almost every year for the past 20 years, the season rushing leader also had the most carries." let's [put that to the test shall we:

2019 Henry was also first in carries and yards.
2018 Zeke was the leader in carries and yards..

Hmmm so far so good.

2017 LeVeon was #1 in carries but 3rd in yards.. uh oh.
2016 Zeke was #1 in carries and yards. but he won the rushing title by over 300 yards.. he could have won it with 50 fewer carries!
2015 AP was #1 in carries and yards.
2014 Demarco was #1 in carries and HE won the rushing title by almost 500 yards. He could have won it with 100 fewer carries.
2013 McCoy #1 in carries and yards.. That's an upset.. I never knew he had that many carries in a season.
2012 Arian Foster was #1 in carries but only 6th in yards double uh oh
2011 MJD #1 in carries and yards.
2010 Michael Turner #1 in carries.. 2nd in yards. uh oh again..

So that's three times in the last 10 years that they leading rusher was NOT the guy with the most carries. I suppose in some circles something that happens 70% of the time is "almost always.." but I would not say it's true in this instance.

Just to finish out the exercise:

2009 CJ2K leads in both yards and carries
2008 Turner #1 in carries.. 2nd in yards

Now we're up to 8 of 12.

2007 Clinton Portis #1 in carries but 4th in yards.

8 of 13

2006 Larry Johnson #1 in carries (by over 60 carries) but .. 2nd in yards. behind LT

8 of 14

2005 Alexander #1 in carries and yards.
2004 Curtis Martin #1 in carries and yards.

10 of 16.

2003 Ricky Williams #1 in carries.. 9th in yards. Triple uh oh.
2002 Ricky Williams #1 in carries and yards.

12 of 18

2001 Stephen Davis #1 in carries.. 3rd in yards
2000 Eddie George #1 in carries 3rd in yards.

So that breaks out to the leading rusher NOT being the guy with the most carries 8 of the last 20 years. 40% of the time. But if you say that's "almost every time" then who am I to argue.

aria

Reaction score
The colossal irony of a guy supporting his claim of thinking for himself by posting a bunch of links to other people's opinions surely is not lost on you. Well maybe it is.

As for your claim that "Almost every year for the past 20 years, the season rushing leader also had the most carries." let's [put that to the test shall we:

2019 Henry was also first in carries and yards.
2018 Zeke was the leader in carries and yards..

Hmmm so far so good.

2017 LeVeon was #1 in carries but 3rd in yards.. uh oh.
2016 Zeke was #1 in carries and yards. but he won the rushing title by over 300 yards.. he could have won it with 50 fewer carries!
2015 AP was #1 in carries and yards.
2014 Demarco was #1 in carries and HE won the rushing title by almost 500 yards. He could have won it with 100 fewer carries.
2013 McCoy #1 in carries and yards.. That's an upset.. I never knew he had that many carries in a season.
2012 Arian Foster was #1 in carries but only 6th in yards double uh oh
2011 MJD #1 in carries and yards.
2010 Michael Turner #1 in carries.. 2nd in yards. uh oh again..

So that's three times in the last 10 years that they leading rusher was NOT the guy with the most carries. I suppose in some circles something that happens 70% of the time is "almost always.." but I would not say it's true in this instance.

Just to finish out the exercise:

2009 CJ2K leads in both yards and carries
2008 Turner #1 in carries.. 2nd in yards

Now we're up to 8 of 12.

2007 Clinton Portis #1 in carries but 4th in yards.

8 of 13

2006 Larry Johnson #1 in carries (by over 60 carries) but .. 2nd in yards. behind LT

8 of 14

2005 Alexander #1 in carries and yards.
2004 Curtis Martin #1 in carries and yards.

10 of 16.

2003 Ricky Williams #1 in carries.. 9th in yards. Triple uh oh.
2002 Ricky Williams #1 in carries and yards.

12 of 18

2001 Stephen Davis #1 in carries.. 3rd in yards
2000 Eddie George #1 in carries 3rd in yards.

So that breaks out to the leading rusher NOT being the guy with the most carries 8 of the last 20 years. 40% of the time. But if you say that's "almost every time" then who am I to argue.
First of all, maybe you’re a little confused. Most, if not all, of the links I posted were based on facts not opinions. Did you miss that part or do think they’re making up numbers?

Secondly, you said “that’s 3 times in the last ten years that the leading rusher didn’t have the most carries.” Yes, I consider 7 out of 10 times “almost always”. Regardless of your or my definition, “most” times the leading rusher has the most carries.

You keep ignoring the O line factor. zeke has had a top 5 run blocking O line all but once in his professional career. The only other time it wasn’t top 5, it was ~10th. Now you keep using the O line excuse because he’s been exposed. He doesn’t create yards on his own like a lot of other RB’s, why exactly did they pay him or use the 4th overall pick on a guy who needs a top 5 O line to make a difference?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Idk how anyone could say Zeke is a better receiver. He not only leads the league in fumbles, but also drops.

Which hasn't just been an issue this season.

Whatever you think Zeke is good at, can most likely be disproven with fairly easy to find statistics. Sheep.

Proof

Reaction score
Henry already has a 99 and 94 yard run to his credit ..to his resume, .. thats something even Saquon Barkley and McCaffrey don't have

Henry has already had several more 20 and 40+ runs than zeke, and he's a more bigger back than zeke.

and i'll never get those saying " take away this so-so long run " .... how you taking away his huge long run when it's him and his abilitymu.; that made that long run ? ..lol... :laugh:

think it’s more just that, despite him doing it, and earning it, it really skews the numbers through 6 weeks. Who knows thought. He’s a beast