Zeke Interception Effort. Sure about that?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Let's not forget what happened to Terrell Davis when he was running down an interception back in 1999. GONE!! ACL!! Career essentially over at that point.
The guy who ended his career with 2 Super Bowl rings, a Super Bowl MVP & just went into the NFL Hall of Fame? Yeah, sucks to be him. :rolleyes:

As for Zeke, he could have at least looked like he cared that the ball was going the other way, instead of just having that "Oh well. Let someone else chase him." body language. I look for him to make up for it this week, by putting in extra effort of running through the Cards Defense & into the endzone multiple times.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I didn't notice Zeke's reaction at first; I was too upset at Dez's stone hands that caused the interception. Wonder if Garrett sat HIM down as well.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Wow, you don't call out your players in public. You do it in the film room or at a players meeting. Don't start him? Another wow, what good does that do? Appease the "fans" ? He is a disappointment? Did you feel that way last year, or last week. Jump off the wagon and stay off. Holier than thow. :facepalm:
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings..

Find your ignore button and use it.

Your opinions are yours..

I can say what I think applies..

So can you..

Try not to get personal.

The mods don't dig it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Well I don't have the numbers, but someone here does. He literally has lost just a few games all the way through high school and college, much less our great record last year.

And that was a literal beat down like you said, I just saw it as frustration really. Maybe it will make him mad and he will eat salad all week, who knows but I hope it motives him.
I like this angle there is hope

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The guy who ended his career with 2 Super Bowl rings, a Super Bowl MVP & just went into the NFL Hall of Fame? Yeah, sucks to be him. :rolleyes:

As for Zeke, he could have at least looked like he cared that the ball was going the other way, instead of just having that "Oh well. Let someone else chase him." body language. I look for him to make up for it this week, by putting in extra effort of running through the Cards Defense & into the endzone multiple times.
Hope you are correct.

I've had enough headlines about this guy.

Team player he is not.

Garrett in his presser pointed it out. Zekes play as unacceptable and he was going to speak to Zeke.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, I want him to be a football player, not a businessman. Zeke is a great athlete, but no matter what the score, that attitude will never make him a leader on the team. I'm glad Larry Allen didn't think, "I'm the best OLman, and they can't afford to lose me, and no one expects a 330 lb guy to chase after an INT."

That's the difference between a leader and hall of famer and a player who is losing a lot of respect around the NFL. It's been a rough year for Zeke, but he must refocus if he wants his career back on track.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me preface this by saying his lack of effort for a professional athlete in this game was horrible. However, on the interception, are you sure you want your starting running back chasing down an interception? Forget the fact the game was out of hand regardless of how many prayers would have been said...let's not forget what happened to Terrell Davis when he was running down an interception back in 1999. GONE!! ACL!! Career essentially over at that point.

His lack of effort between the hashmarks and pouting should be dealt with accordingly for a millionaire athlete who is supposed to be elite. We'll see how he bounces back after all the criticism. Leaders step it up.

The INT is not a real issue. It's a media/fan issue.

His real issue is being out of shape and maybe distracted/not-focused.

Last year he would have just run outside when the middle was clogged but in the Denver game he lacked the burst.

Rob-G

Reaction score
His effort was non existent, but are we gonna overlook the fact that the play was behind him and going the other way?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I didn't notice Zeke's reaction at first; I was too upset at Dez's stone hands that caused the interception. Wonder if Garrett sat HIM down as well.
A lot of people need to be sat down. But not in a public bashing. The whole team sucked.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm sure it's Zeke's fault also that they fed him only 9 times too, because you know he doesn't play with heart..

Of course it was! And the pundits forget about the 100 yard game last week that he got basically on effort alone. The jump cut, the spin move, the lean for an extra 2 yards. Guy is a stud.

Kevin T

Reaction score
A lot of people need to be sat down. But not in a public bashing. The whole team sucked.
Whole coaching staff needs to be sat down before ANY player does. Much like the Green Bay playoff loss...this team was just not prepared to play and they did not execute whatever TF the gameplan was supposed to be, well maybe they did. So they load the box with 9 and play one on one with receivers? ADJUST!! That what professional coaches get paid to do. I'm just glad this happened early so maybe they'll learn from it and get better. Otherwise, the loss truly is a loss.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Of course it was! And the pundits forget about the 100 yard game last week that he got basically on effort alone. The jump cut, the spin move, the lean for an extra 2 yards. Guy is a stud.
What's funny is if Zeke went all out on that play and had a season ending injury that ruined our season these same people would trash him for that too and probably Garrett for keeping him in the game. Sometimes you can't win. lol

Aven8

Reaction score
Whole coaching staff needs to be sat down before ANY player does. Much like the Green Bay playoff loss...this team was just not prepared to play and they did not execute whatever TF the gameplan was supposed to be, well maybe they did. So they load the box with 9 and play one on one with receivers? ADJUST!! That what professional coaches get paid to do. I'm just glad this happened early so maybe they'll learn from it and get better. Otherwise, the loss truly is a loss.

Linny and company came out in this game in 5 wide spread and went to town early! As soon as I saw the empty set early I was like oh boy, here we go......they can't help themselves I swear!