Zeke Interception Effort. Sure about that?

coult44

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying his lack of effort for a professional athlete in this game was horrible. However, on the interception, are you sure you want your starting running back chasing down an interception? Forget the fact the game was out of hand regardless of how many prayers would have been said...let's not forget what happened to Terrell Davis when he was running down an interception back in 1999. GONE!! ACL!! Career essentially over at that point.

His lack of effort between the hashmarks and pouting should be dealt with accordingly for a millionaire athlete who is supposed to be elite. We'll see how he bounces back after all the criticism. Leaders step it up.

I'm a HUGE Zeke fan. I defend him at push him as as much as any die hard. With that being said, if you think Zeke is a leader, you're as crazy as the people on the other side of the spectrum. He is not a leader, has never been a leader, never will be a leader, and you should ever expect him to lead. He's everything you want in a RB and more. But leading is something that is not on his high school, college, or pro resume...

coult44

Reaction score
Your logic about Zeke not trying to help on the play is fanciful at best.

So what happens next time it happens?

What if the OL just turned to the bench with arms folded and did nothing?

If Zeke gets special consideration allowing him to just play when he wants to..

This team will unglue.

The team needs to announce what discipline Zeke is going to receive for that level of play.

If he can't start in the next week and has to come in the second series or whatever..

some statement has to be made.

Zeke is disappointing to this point.

A warrior he is not. I think he likes things easy and when it gets tough he rolls over.

I speculated this summer asking the Forum how Zeke was going to react this year.

Most said with a chip on his shoulder..

Really?

Only people who have never been on a team, or in a film room, or a locker room for that matter would think a HC calls out a player in public....That's INSANE

Cmac

Reaction score
I believe in Zeke.....feed him with a better scheme now that Dak's passing skill will be dared more.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying his lack of effort for a professional athlete in this game was horrible. However, on the interception, are you sure you want your starting running back chasing down an interception? Forget the fact the game was out of hand regardless of how many prayers would have been said...let's not forget what happened to Terrell Davis when he was running down an interception back in 1999. GONE!! ACL!! Career essentially over at that point.

His lack of effort between the hashmarks and pouting should be dealt with accordingly for a millionaire athlete who is supposed to be elite. We'll see how he bounces back after all the criticism. Leaders step it up.
Lots off RBs have been injured in plays that don't include running the ball. Doesn't mean they shouldn't give full effort on every play. like JG said "When there is a turn over every offensive player becomes a defensive player". Dak sure as hell did! Having said that, this was a strange game. Nothing went right for the Cowboys and a lot of guys were hanging their heads. Doesn't make it right, but it happens.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Only people who have never been on a team, or in a film room, or a locker room for that matter would think a HC calls out a player in public....That's INSANE
Really..

Seems to me Garrett called out Dez when he missed a team meeting becuz he partied too long at his BBQ..

seems to me Garrett called out Hardy when he was misbehaving..

he even called out Romo for lack of ball security when he had too many turnovers..

So I think he has done it in the past and its not so crazy.

Jimmy Johnson was famous for it.

I could go on and on..

Bill Parsells...

you get my point?

stiletto

Reaction score
I too am willing (besides the fat bashing) to give him some slack. Its rough to go through court issues, things like that, it wears on you physically and mentally. Football should be an escape for him but I think it is too much most likely. He's either realizing that this is really bad for himself, his team, teammates or this is BS, why is it happening to me. I need more alcohol. I don't know Zeke so I don't know what mindset he is in but he better figure it out. If he is in the I need to drink and party more to numb this mindset, the guy is gonna be toast in a year or two. Mark it down!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to hold any player or coaches accountable for what happened up there I think we came off a big game against New York and just weren't prepared.
If it happens this week it's a pattern and not an anomaly that goes for the coaches and the players

I'm just going to hope for the best

lukin2006

Reaction score
All people are doing is criticizing a guy that has been dealing with a lot of stress that has been in part generated by Zeke but the biggest stressor he is dealing with is the possibility of being labeled as person who committed DV even though the police have cleared him...but an overly moral superior Goodell wants to label someone with DV tag despite evidence...