Zeke is the new Westbrook?

TOOMBS

Reaction score
Sorry for another Ezekiel Elliot thread but I'm surprised that I have yet to see anyone compare the skillset of Zeke' to Brian Westbrook. You know, the every-down back that gave us fits for years..... The guy that Parcells respected and feared... I can't help but think that Elliot is the same running back incarnate... Am I wrong?

waldoputty

Reaction score
i think zeke is a lot stronger and heavier but a little slower?

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry for another Ezekiel Elliot thread but I'm surprised that I have yet to see anyone compare the skillset of Zeke' to Brian Westbrook. You know, the every-down back that gave us fits for years..... The guy that Parcells respected and feared... I can't help but think that Elliot is the same running back incarnate... Am I wrong?

They aren't close to being the same player.

Westbrook was smaller and shiftier and not a true every down back. Elliott is bigger, stronger, probably less shifty than Westbrook and can be a 3 down back.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Westbrook was probably quicker and had better hands. Zeke is bigger and has more power. I don't see it.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
They aren't close to being the same player.

Westbrook was smaller and shiftier and not a true every down back. Elliott is bigger, stronger, probably less shifty than Westbrook and can be a 3 down back.

I don't think he is either. EE is more like Tomlinson.... Although if we get Westbrook like production, I will be happy...

K-DOGG

Reaction score
I think he is more like a bigger Shaddy McCoy than a Westbrook clone. Westbrook was smallish at around 190lbs and Zeke is 6'0 and 225 lbs. Zeke does have the wiggle that McFadden lacks and elusiveness that DMC also lacks. I loved the pick, but I never thought the Boys would go that direction in the draft. I was pleasantly surprised! DMC may end up getting cut! :)

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The closest player that resembles Zeke is Tomlinson in his prime. Although Zeke is stronger. I'm not saying he's LT but he has the makings. I don't see Westbrook tbo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The closest player that resembles Zeke is Tomlinson in his prime. Although Zeke is stronger. I'm not saying he's LT but he has the makings. I don't see Westbrook tbo.

I don't see the Thomlinson comparison at all.

Thomlinson was a slasher type with some power.

Elliot is more of a power back that runs with balance.

Also, Elliot is 21. He is just going to get bigger and stronger over the next few years.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he is more like a bigger Shaddy McCoy than a Westbrook clone. Westbrook was smallish at around 190lbs and Zeke is 6'0 and 225 lbs. Zeke does have the wiggle that McFadden lacks and elusiveness that DMC also lacks. I loved the pick, but I never thought the Boys would go that direction in the draft. I was pleasantly surprised! DMC may end up getting cut! :)

He's nothing like McCoy either. Elliott doesn't have the shiftiness McCoy has. Few RBs do. Not even Peterson has the moves McCoy can show.