Zeke is the new Westbrook?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't see a Westbrook comparison at all. Westbrook was an ok runner, but really made his name as a receiver. I would say Zeke is already a more gifted and natural runner now than Westbrook was in his prime.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's tough to find a good comparison because Elliot is already 225 lbs but has the natural running ability, speed and agility of a good 205-210 lbs RB. You don't realize he's carrying 225 until you actually read his bio. There's Tomlinson who played at 220 but I don't think Elliot quite has that level of burst. I don't know what Arian Foster's 40 time was as a rookie, but the size, feet, power and vision are similar. Elliot appears to be faster and not as much of a long strider as Foster.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The closest player that resembles Zeke is Tomlinson in his prime. Although Zeke is stronger. I'm not saying he's LT but he has the makings. I don't see Westbrook tbo.

Zeke doesn't carry piles or run people over. He is slippery. I have no idea where this notion that he is a power runner comes from empirically.

If youre going to show power clips then please show the pile moving and not him slipping through it and him running people over and not maintaining balance through contact.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can we please hold off on the threads declaring what Zeke is as an NFL player until he actually plays? None of us knows for sure what he will be in the NFL. Projecting from his college performances is not necessarily an accurate depiction because the completion is so much better. Thank you.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't carry piles or run people over. He is slippery. I have no idea where this notion that he is a power runner comes from empirically.

If youre going to show power clips then please show the pile moving and not him slipping through it and him running people over and not maintaining balance through contact.

You are correct. I would not consider him a power runner but he's still a relatively big RB. So his size/agility will be an issue for opposing LBs and DBs.

JBS

Reaction score

He's not exactly a speed back either..nor is he very elusive

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You are correct. I would not consider him a power runner but he's still a relatively big RB. So his size/agility will be an issue for opposing LBs and DBs.

He's 225. I consider big to be as big or bigger than the LBers he is going to be competing against ie 240+.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's nothing like McCoy either. Elliott doesn't have the shiftiness McCoy has. Few RBs do. Not even Peterson has the moves McCoy can show.

Zekes hips are really stiff when he runs. That's why I don't see the comparisons to all of these shifty backs.

Elliot is going to be a grinder.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm expecting a lot better than Westbrook with Zeke.

JBS

Reaction score
His 4.46 is pretty good 60th percentile. His quickness metrics are better.

He plays w really good pad level...always falls forward and breaks through arm tackles...decent balance

His vision is clearly his best attribute

I'm not sure who he is similar to