Twitter: Zeke: "I've been ready"

waldoputty

Reaction score
What would you have done?

the honest answer.
if i were jerry, one of my buddies would have set zeke up with a company for endorsements.
this is play money for billionaires.

minus that, i would have made him play on his rookie contract. and if he held out, i would get to evaluate dak and cooper without zeke, which is worth more than the difference in $ in zeke's contract.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Zeke is the key to the offense. What people miss about our playoff run last season was that Zeke averaged 31 touches a game during the five game winning streak that put us in the playoff hunt. Amari was a key acquisition and had a huge impact, but it was still a Zeke-centric offense.

lwehlers

Reaction score
if a deal is almost done then no matter if he signs this week or not he should play the giants game no matter what. let the jones and his agent iron out the details. Elliott has already showed his @$$ held out for the money just shutup and play.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
the whole thing does not make sense.

1. they should have figured out whether dak and cooper are worth the $. with the giants, Commanders and dolphins, that was the best low-risk opportunity to get them a try-out without zeke. to be honest, i am more pissed at jerry about this than the overpay.
That really wouldn't have proven anything though. The only way we would have known for sure would be when they started playing the good teams. I mean I would like to know too but I don't want to risk the season on it. If we get to a SB it was worth it. My gut says we need all 3 to win. Garrett will probably be our undoing though.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
the whole thing does not make sense.

1. they should have figured out whether dak and cooper are worth the $. with the giants, Commanders and dolphins, that was the best low-risk opportunity to get them a try-out without zeke. to be honest, i am more pissed at jerry about this than the overpay.
2. there is no large contract for other rb this year. highly highly unlikely. i highly doubt the sd rb will get 10m/year.
3. we are talking about 2 years + 40 million most likely - that is probably 5 years. it is highly unlikely that zeke's prime is going to last another 5 seasons. they overpaid by at least 1 season. no one knows the final structure, but that is probably at least 13 million. obviously that is more than what goodell penalized us for.

1. I don’t ever want to go into any game at any less than full strength. Sometimes you have to (injuries), but in this we didn’t. Frankly, not wanting your all-world RB to play so you can judge your QB is just... well... dumb. Dak is going to be what he is. We will be able to judge his play just fine with Elliott there. He still has to make the reads and the throws, only he will have his full deck of RB’s. Plus, it will be a long time before we have to see Dak without his best buddy behind him. They’ll be playing together for years. By the time Elliott is gone, Dak will be a different QB entirely than he is now. The team would gain almost nothing by watching Dak without Zeke.

2. There is no RB as good as Elliott who will be getting paid. Gordon getting paid would do nothing for Zeke’s negotiations.

3. The one year overpay at $13M that you mention, would only be about 1 or 2 million if Elliott would have signed for less. Everyone would have been happy if Zeke signed for $13M, but him signing for the $15M that you hate actually isn’t that much different. That 2 million would get you somebody like Covington in free agency.

All of this is a huge over reaction to what is pretty much business as usual in the NFL. Elliott is the best in the business and in today’s NFL... that is going to cost you. Dallas wants to be a physical, smash mouth football team and nobody does that better at RB than Zeke. He is highly valued by the team and they paid him early.

Nothing surprising about any of that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really like the bolts he has sticking out of his nose . Just when you thought he couldnt get any uglier he out dose himself . Sheesh what a tool
I work on a university campus... those things are all over the place. I swear, some days half the guys I see have a nose ring.

Frankly, they don’t bother me anyway though. They’re all over.

Besides, if I don’t like them too much, I’d have to find a new planet to get away from them. I don’t want to do that, lol.

waldoputty

Reaction score
1. I don’t ever want to go into any game at any less than full strength. Sometimes you have to (injuries), but in this we didn’t. Frankly, not wanting your all-world RB to play so you can judge your QB is just... well... dumb. Dak is going to be what he is. We will be able to judge his play just fine with Elliott there. He still has to make the reads and the throws, only he will have his full deck of RB’s. Plus, it will be a long time before we have to see Dak without his best buddy behind him. They’ll be playing together for years. By the time Elliott is gone, Dak will be a different QB entirely than he is now. The team would gain almost nothing by watching Dak without Zeke.

2. There is no RB as good as Elliott who will be getting paid. Gordon getting paid would do nothing for Zeke’s negotiations.

3. The one year overpay at $13M that you mention, would only be about 1 or 2 million if Elliott would have signed for less. Everyone would have been happy if Zeke signed for $13M, but him signing for the $15M that you hate actually isn’t that much different. That 2 million would get you somebody like Covington in free agency.

4. and now u just guaranteed $40m with probably no guarantees other than probably some type of suspension thing. that is $40m of risk at least 1 year earlier than was necessary.

All of this is a huge over reaction to what is pretty much business as usual in the NFL. Elliott is the best in the business and in today’s NFL... that is going to cost you. Dallas wants to be a physical, smash mouth football team and nobody does that better at RB than Zeke. He is highly valued by the team and they paid him early.

Nothing surprising about any of that.

1. with zeke, they are most likely not going to play the same way. against the giants, Commanders and dolphins, if they cannot win, they are no contenders. if they are not contender, then lose more is better. if dak comes out and suck without zeke against those 3 teams, we really really do not want to sign him. we would essentially have to get that qb to be a serious contender.
2. we agree on this point
3. that would not be a 1-2 mil over pay. you are talking about a rb with serious mileage. not every star rb is going to be emmitt.

Last edited:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Zeke is the key to the offense. What people miss about our playoff run last season was that Zeke averaged 31 touches a game during the five game winning streak that put us in the playoff hunt. Amari was a key acquisition and had a huge impact, but it was still a Zeke-centric offense.

And then didn’t do jack squat vs LA. Cowboys are making a MASSIVE mistake with over paying that PUNK. He will burn them.