News: Zeke leaving the country?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
giphy.gif

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If Zeke holds out, the Cowboys need to start making plans to move on from him. No way should the team extend Zeke at this point.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember when Tony Romo went to Cabo with Jessica Simpson's during the playoffs. Is this really a bigger story. I mean it's not even during the season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Again, nothing concrete with PFT just saying a League source is saying he’s leaving the country, lol.

Not for how long. Not where he’s going. Not when he’s coming back.

Just speculation and tons of room for even more speculation.

Elliott could be going to Cabo for a few days before camp and their source would still be correct because of how vague it is.

Just silliness and appetite for clicks.

It literally tells us nothing of any substance other than he’s going somewhere (and that is if their “source” is correct)... which vets do to get away before the grind of camp.

^^^this x 100

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look it's okay to pay a player. What's not okay is to pay him so much that you're going to ruin the rest of the team. It's all up to the administration at this point LOL

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Look it's okay to pay a player. What's not okay is to pay him so much that you're going to ruin the rest of the team. It's all up to the administration at this point LOL
But but... camaraderie!
No? Too much? Camaraderie can't replace cap allocations?

I disagree! Or do i?

Sammy

Reaction score
:popcorn:

Sign Ajayi....and put Zeke on the did not report list. And leave him there....so he doesn't get credit for a season. Making him a free agent in 2022.

Has Jay gotten his medical release to play?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
If he holds out, I hope he gets beaten up in some club...

He has no place holding out as he’s already been paid handsomely. He needs to wait politely in line.

If he gets out of line in this whole thing, we need to move on - too many red flags.

If he holds out, we can’t pay someone who’s demonstrated such poor judgment.. Get a first rounder and chalk it up to bad luck... You don’t mortgage the future on a dim bulb like Zeke whose gonna break down in two years anyway. The guy isn’t Emmitt Smith...

Hopefully it’s nothing and he reports bright and early like a good boy....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
At this point, I don't think there is anything concrete about this story that confirms a hold out. I will say that it looks more and more like Elliott's plan is exactly that. I mean, he could easily get on twitter and just post that there is nothing to any of these stories but he hasn't done that. That, to me, is telling. He is definitely playing an angle but, the angle could be a "Who blinks first" kind of deal. He could be trying to see if this forces the hand of the Cowboys, with the intention of showing up at the last minute if it doesn't work. I don't think that's what's going on but it could be something like that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
At this point, I don't think there is anything concrete about this story that confirms a hold out. I will say that it looks more and more like Elliott's plan is exactly that. I mean, he could easily get on twitter and just post that there is nothing to any of these stories but he hasn't done that. That, to me, is telling. He is definitely playing an angle but, the angle could be a "Who blinks first" kind of deal. He could be trying to see if this forces the hand of the Cowboys, with the intention of showing up at the last minute if it doesn't work. I don't think that's what's going on but it could be something like that.
I am of the firm opinion that he's doing nothing wrong by being quiet and owes the public nothing, as far as explanations.
It's not his fault the media world is having imaginative fits and the FO knows what's what.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well we'll soon find out in a few days when players report to camp.