Video: Zeke looks like Troy Hambrick in space

acer941

Reaction score
Its almost to the point where he is one of the worst backs I have ever seen at making guys miss in the open field.

Give Pollard 20 carries in a game and lets see what the kid can do.

Zeke only has 1 40+ yard run in his Pro Career since Rookie year... 1. It’s Just who zeke is now. I don’t think that’s worth 90Million, but he’s definitely the Engine driving our team right now.

Pollard has that House call ability as we’ve seen a couple times, so hopefully they increase his workload.

Even the Chiefs RB has a 90+ yard run. It’s mind boggling how rare Zeke bust a big run with how often he touches the ball with this O-Line.

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs didn’t start in College either. Depends on situations& circumstances

Jacobs played at Alabama not Memphis. The situation and circumstances inDallas is that Pollard is nowhere near as good as Zeke at running back. Yes I do think there is a better role he could play but don’t have faith in the staff to be creative with him and Zeke.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke had a good game last night. He did an excellent job at finding cutback lanes last night. But when he gets to the 2nd level untouched, he turns into Troy Hambrick. Dude doesn't have the quickness to make safeties miss - Pollard is already better at setting up safeties for those huge runs. It's the difference between a 10+ yard run and a housecall.

1:29, 1:46, and 2:16 - He just has to make the safety miss and it's likely a TD.

The top paid running back in the league should be making these plays.

Ezekiel is a power RB at 225 who runs through people and Pollard is a quick-twitch type of runner. They're just two different styles.

Aside from that, it's entirely possible, if not likely, that Elliott's lost a step since his rookie year! That partying life usually takes a toll.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke only has 1 40+ yard run in his Pro Career since Rookie year... 1. It’s Just who zeke is now. I don’t think that’s worth 90Million, but he’s definitely the Engine driving our team right now.

Pollard has that House call ability as we’ve seen a couple times, so hopefully they increase his workload.

Even the Chiefs RB has a 90+ yard run. It’s mind boggling how rare Zeke bust a big run with how often he touches the ball with this O-Line.
He's actually had 2. He had a 44 yard run against Seattle in the playoffs last year.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Come on now, some people are being a little too pesty to the OS here. He is talking about after the consistent 3-6 yards, about beating the one guy in the second level.
It is a fair question. Also fair to ask what someone with a little more speed and shiftiness would do behind our line.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Troy fell for 2 yards every run and could barely get more when he was the starter...

And to be fair it did seem like Zeke took a good shot to his knee early on.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
ah...yeah....:facepalm: he had 139yds rushing. focus on something else.

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe it’s the attention defenses give him. Maybe it’s good safety play. Monday night, Bethea was making plays all over the field vs pass and run. Zeke tried to juke him at least three times, but the safety was a rock, making great tackles. Sometimes you tip your hat to the defensive player.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I think Zeke is turning into a more power complete back. He’s tearing defenses up. This is the back this team needs. It won’t make highlights or fantasy points but who cares.
The only thing I care about more and more is his longevity. Marion Barber looked incredible for a couple few seasons running roughshod over people, earning the nickname Barbarian. Even Deion used to say during his highlights that every carry looked like “the last carry on earth”...given the intensity of collisions and punishment being dished out.

All of this to say that we just paid Zeke $50M guaranteed and this level of punishment doesn’t bode well for him seeing the end of that contract, however entertaining it is to watch.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There is this little thing called pursuit. With defensive players closing in from behind he really doesn't have time to set up the safeties and make them miss. And it's not like the safety is 25 yards off the LOS.

So the only problem with Zeke is the same problem he's always had, a weak stiff-arm. A good stiff-arming RB can stiff-arm a defender while barely slowing down. Zeke is the first generational running back that I've ever seen that doesn't have a great stiff-arm. So there is no "beast-mode" with Zeke it's just ground and pound with speed and power.

Zeke has not changed since his rookie year. He's a bigger faster version of Frank Gore without the stiff-arm. A ground and pound workhorse. To expect anything different from Zeke in year four is ludicrous.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Zeke had a good game last night. He did an excellent job at finding cutback lanes last night. But when he gets to the 2nd level untouched, he turns into Troy Hambrick. Dude doesn't have the quickness to make safeties miss - Pollard is already better at setting up safeties for those huge runs. It's the difference between a 10+ yard run and a housecall.

1:29, 1:46, and 2:16 - He just has to make the safety miss and it's likely a TD.

The top paid running back in the league should be making these plays.

To me, it looks like even if he beat the safety others had a decent angle on him and would have tackled him a few yards further down field.

Scotman

Reaction score
Oh boy, another poster who only cares about his fantasy stats and thinks that real football is like Madden.

Dude has five 100 yard games already.
Hambrick only had 4 his entire career.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This thread is stupid. The amount of time it would take to breakdown and make the safety miss would allow other players to catch up and get the angle. If Zeke does that 3 times, he might break one, but the other two he loses 6-8 yards that he gets.

This is 100% a fantasy football complaint.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ban the Zeke hate troll threads please..GTFOO TH , really you ridiculous fans..DF DB

MOVE ON. He ran like this against Philly as well, first half of the GB game before we went away from the run.. theres nothing wrong with EE, but fans you need to check into a mental hospital..

If they would have used EE more the first 3 games and im betting regardless of his shape he was in, hed be leading the league in rushing right now, AGAIN 4th straight year... wow he sux hard..SMH:facepalm::omg::mad:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its almost to the point where he is one of the worst backs I have ever seen at making guys miss in the open field.

Give Pollard 20 carries in a game and lets see what the kid can do.
TROLL worst on this site, we see right through the 10 EE Haters and all the Troll threads..i saw Pollard get knocked back hard in pass blocking, drop passes, be out of place in routes etc etc hes backup , hes not better then Zeke, hes Joseph Randall and fans are claiming meat on the bone, until they get exposed.. I like Pollard but hes not better then Zeke.. Remember JR hes was averaging over 5YPC sometimes more in relief, so much so he claimed Murrays 1800 yard season could have been more if he got the ball more.. what happened to him?

Zeke is not that type of runner, him getting paid did not make him a faster scat back type, yes Emmitt smith was also not that way.. EE is a runner like ES, its obvious..they are not speed wiggle guys, they are great runners, who are beast volume type guys who Occasionally break a long run..

this is truly out of control..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What I want to know is, what back averages 140 a game? Many don't average 100.