Video: Zeke looks like Troy Hambrick in space

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He is coming off a 140 yard performance, on pace for 1500 rushing yards, 1800 yards from scrimmage, and 12 TD, consistently deals with 8+ man boxes, has defensive fronts overplay every move he makes, and displays tremendous burst and vision to not only overcome but excel.

And all people want to talk about is how he doesn't make as many splash plays as Barkley.

I swear a lot of people around here must be unhappy all the time with the impossible standards for acceptable I see around here.

This, and Barkley did not do a lot of splashing last night, whereas the freak was pounding there a--'s.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Troy Hambrick??

tenor.gif

LLLOOOLLL, LOVE THIS!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
he’s almost in game shape. Relax. He’ll be primed for any sort of run post-T-day.

zerofill

Reaction score
Same story as Emmitt... People said put Barry Sanders behind that line, put so and so behind that line... blah blah... I still think Emmitt would thrive in all situations, much like Zeke probably would. Sometimes you have to change your running style maybe, but I think a Zeke or an Emmitt are athletes that can do that. Because they are special talent... sometimes people are just that good, no matter where they go in the NFL.

Some may not always be the sharpest knife in the drawer off the field, but on the field... different world for them.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Oh boy, another poster who only cares about his fantasy stats and thinks that real football is like Madden.

Dude has five 100 yard games already.

Wait what? You’re the one looking at fantasy stats, citing his 100 yard games.

OP is spot on. Zeke is running though some big holes but has absolutely no ability to make a safety miss.

I was shouting at the TV last night. At least twice he ran through a big hole and had only the safety to beat to get to the end zone, and each time the safety took him down easily. No doubt in my mind that Pollard makes him miss and takes it to the house.

I’m not saying Zeke is a bad running back. I’m saying he has turned into a battering ram and lost that speed and agility he had his rookie year.

Go back and watch the game against the Steelers in 2016 and tell me that these aren’t two different Zeke Elliotts.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Like one poster said earlier he didn’t just have the safety to beat, there were others around. Zeke had great vision and quick bursts on cutbacks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke had a good game last night. He did an excellent job at finding cutback lanes last night. But when he gets to the 2nd level untouched, he turns into Troy Hambrick. Dude doesn't have the quickness to make safeties miss - Pollard is already better at setting up safeties for those huge runs. It's the difference between a 10+ yard run and a housecall.

1:29, 1:46, and 2:16 - He just has to make the safety miss and it's likely a TD.

The top paid running back in the league should be making these plays.

And Emmit Smith getting to and thru the LOS.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is on pace to run for 1500 yards and 14 TD.

Some of you people are miserable and just are looking for someone to fight with.

Flip flop much?

With Dak, stats dont count and wins dont count and if he does well, its only because he is surrounded by talent and playing a bad team.

But hold the phone!!!!!!!

When it comes to Zeke, your all over the stats. And playing the horrid Giants and having a good game is suddenly all the craze.

Keep on trolling buddy!!!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wait what? You’re the one looking at fantasy stats, citing his 100 yard games.

OP is spot on. Zeke is running though some big holes but has absolutely no ability to make a safety miss.

I was shouting at the TV last night. At least twice he ran through a big hole and had only the safety to beat to get to the end zone, and each time the safety took him down easily. No doubt in my mind that Pollard makes him miss and takes it to the house.

I’m not saying Zeke is a bad running back. I’m saying he has turned into a battering ram and lost that speed and agility he had his rookie year.

Go back and watch the game against the Steelers in 2016 and tell me that these aren’t two different Zeke Elliotts.

Yeah. Yards carried. First downs. What a dumb way to measure performance!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like one poster said earlier he didn’t just have the safety to beat, there were others around. Zeke had great vision and quick bursts on cutbacks.

Oh yah, that great vision to run through a 10 yard gap in the line. And then the burst and cutback to run right into the only guy in front of him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
15 million what lol?

$

If I am paying 15 million per year to a back he better be able to put up amazing numbers without a great line. He better be able to score lots of TD's regardless. He better be able to beat a safety in the middle of the field 9 times out of 10. He better be able to score from anywhere on the field all the time.

That is not Zeke. He is NOT worth the money.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You guys act like Zeke is bad now..

He's at worst case scenario in this so called 2nd daze of his career still better than Prime MB3.

We can win with a better version of prime mb3..

cern

Reaction score
15 million!!! LOL
10 mil as a rb. 3.5 mil as a #3 wr. 1.5 mil as a blocking fb. Totals 15 mil yearly and only counts as 1 on the 53 man roster. Sounds like a good idea to me.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

anava

Reaction score
Then you should stop saying it because it’s flat-out bunk.

In 2016, Zeke led the league in “BIG” runs, which are runs of 20+ yards or more. He had 14 of those.

This season he has one (1).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/play...pe/2/table/rushing/sort/rushingYards/dir/desc

Good find, wish I could see the runs because my eye test says he never has been a shifty back. In 2016 he had a lot better line. He has always been a one cut and go back, maybe try to hurdle you.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Zeke had a good game last night. He did an excellent job at finding cutback lanes last night. But when he gets to the 2nd level untouched, he turns into Troy Hambrick. Dude doesn't have the quickness to make safeties miss - Pollard is already better at setting up safeties for those huge runs. It's the difference between a 10+ yard run and a housecall.

1:29, 1:46, and 2:16 - He just has to make the safety miss and it's likely a TD.

The top paid running back in the league should be making these plays.

I dont care what flaws Zeke has. Mentioning him and Hambrick in the same breath is a disgrace. I have no problem with a guy who cant out run his defender at times, yet gets positive yards(zeke), vs a guy who tripped over his shoelaces over half the time before the LOS with a wide open running lane(hambrick).

Hambrick was a preseason king who many thought would be the successor to emmitt...........:banghead:

A better comparison when it comes to what you are claiming with Zeke would be either marion barber or julius Jones in his later years.

Hambrick?............no