Video: Zeke looks like Troy Hambrick in space

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lol we find the stupidest things to complain about. Zeke is a 1 cut power runner. He has decent speed, but if you're comparing him to Barkley or Mcaffery they have a different gear. With long runs of 60, 30, 41, and 27 in his first 4 seasons it's likely he will never be viewed as a consistent home run hitter. However, he's the perfect back for a ball control offense and usually picks up extra yards after contact.

Zeke is still one of the best in the league and the Cowboys have Pollard as a change of pace back.

Swanny

Reaction score
We drafted and paid the wrong guy. Can you imagine some of the other backs behind our line? Saquon? Good God, forget about it. We’d be unbeatable.
Meh. I'm not a big Zeke fan but the patience and vision he showed yesterday is Beyond other backs in the league. And no I don't think the Cowboys should have signed him. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. The holes he got were huge but took some fantastic vision and patience to find those holes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
$

If I am paying 15 million per year to a back he better be able to put up amazing numbers without a great line. He better be able to score lots of TD's regardless. He better be able to beat a safety in the middle of the field 9 times out of 10. He better be able to score from anywhere on the field all the time.

That is not Zeke. He is NOT worth the money.

They pay him 15 million because they win with him. Your expectations are unrealistic.

jay94

Reaction score
They pay him 15 million because they win with him. Your expectations are unrealistic.

Not getting past the divisional round is not winning. It's like getting a trophy for participating. We made a huge mistake signing him to that amount. His best quality is durability, to bad it is at the easiest position to transition from one player to the next.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
He was hemmed in on both sides on all those plays. He didn't just have to beat the safety, he had to beat the safety and not get tackled by the other guys.
Try again.

He just has to get past the safety and he's gone on this particular play. 47 is off balance, and the CB at the bottom of the screen (not pictured) had his back turned to the play because he was faceguarding the WR.
Irlv7Nw.png

Here's another angle of the same play above. Nothing but the safety and green grass in the middle of the field.

YQmCyNl.png

A few plays later, here's NYG with 8 at the line, and only one safety in the middle of the field.

FT0qVWk.png

Just has to make the safety miss below and it's a footrace to the endzone. Instead he goes through the line untouched, can't make the safety miss, and gets arm tackled for a gain of 8.
6wtHkWb.png

RoboQB

Reaction score
This is obviously a "hold my beer" moment for stupid thread topics.

Some people just want to be miserable, I guess.

superonyx

Reaction score
I thought stats didn’t count?
Telling us what you thought isn’t an argument.

If you want to make an argument then make one. But you basically posted some weird crap like this like it’s somehow meaningful.

superonyx

Reaction score
Flip flop much?

With Dak, stats dont count and wins dont count and if he does well, its only because he is surrounded by talent and playing a bad team.

But hold the phone!!!!!!!

When it comes to Zeke, your all over the stats. And playing the horrid Giants and having a good game is suddenly all the craze.

Keep on trolling buddy!!!!
Once again you have no clue who or what you are talking to.
Why do you consistently stalk me and try to get me to defend saying something I never said.

go to my posting history and find me 1 single post I have ever made like this about Dak. You think everyone here is either pro Dak or pro Zeke. Sorry child. I’m pro cowboys and very much like both Dak and Zeke.

you tried this before and failed.

How about this annoying little dude.

Find my post where I said or even implied this about Dak and I’ll never post here again. Account deleted. But if you can’t then you walk away never to annoy me again.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Zeke has turned into a power back, good thing he's still quick through the hole and he's durable. He's running very hard right now

Gaede

Reaction score
This is the same debate we always had 25 years ago regarding Emmitt vs Barry.

Saquon will break more big runs. He will also get caught for losses while dancing and get taken out at the goal line because coaches will get tired of him getting dropped from the 1 to the 3. Zeke will essentially always gain positive yardage and bring much more consistency.

Yeah, it's eerie how similar these two are to Emmitt and Barry. Zeke is pretty much guaranteed to get 100 yds a game, every game, every year. Move the sticks, get TDs in the redzone, and drive the defense into the dirt in the 4th quarter. Saquon is an athlete on another level who can score anytime from anywhere.

I agree with the OP that Zeke should be beating these safeties more when 1v1, but you can't really fault his overall performance this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not getting past the divisional round is not winning. It's like getting a trophy for participating. We made a huge mistake signing him to that amount. His best quality is durability, to bad it is at the easiest position to transition from one player to the next.
Oh really? Because transitioning from Demarco to Joseph Randle was oh so pleasant. Very easy transition.

And what I mean by winning is winning games. They’ve made the playoffs every year he’s been here aside from the year he was suspended. So you can sit here and belittle making the playoffs but how many teams win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We actually right now have the best of both worlds what are people complaining about other than the price . My complaint is the coaching staff doesn't know how to utilized the two running backs properly

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh really? Because transitioning from Demarco to Joseph Randle was oh so pleasant. Very easy transition.

And what I mean by winning is winning games. They’ve made the playoffs every year he’s been here aside from the year he was suspended. So you can sit here and belittle making the playoffs but how many teams win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs?
Randall was not a Garrett guy. I'm finding out not many of our players are the longer we have Jason Garrett

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Which tandem do you feel better about in the backfield, Zeke and Cooper Rush or Pollard and Dak?