Twitter: Zeke might be sued over "Feed Me" trademark

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The biggest issue is most wrestlers have the same problem with him they had Goldberg, Kali and other squash wrestlers, the always got people hurt. For every Ultimate Warrior or Goldberg there are hundreds of Rybacks. I dont't think he can sue if his phrase is "Feed me More" and Zeke goes with "Feed Me"
I agree.

There is just enough change in the wording that it is different.

The defining difference is has the phrase 'Feed me now' actually been applied for a trademark for the wrestler?

If so..then Zeke needs to apply for 'feed me' and if he gets it..

It's his to use and market and promote.

I think the whole issue is something that should me handled privately.

Zeke has solid legal grounds on his use of the phrase. The wrestler would have to prove financial loss and he must own the trademark.

Devoid of that..no case.

Alweezy

Reaction score

I'm sharing the video where this started so people can get both sides of the story.

It looks to me, Zeke trying to get a trademark to monetize more than the celebration. If that's truly the case, then right is right.. this is something that's already established. Zeke might have to take a L on this one.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think anybody should be getting any trademarks on words and phrases that are already part of the English language. So they both should be told to GTFOH. Pat Riley invented the word "ThreePeat" when he was with the Lakers.. I'm okay with his being granted a trademark on that. However people have been saying feed me since language was invented. To hell with both of these guys.

CPanther95

Reaction score
"Feed Me" and "Feed Me More" are 2 separate things. What's next, suing Cam Newton over his "ME" tattoos?

<Don't know for a fact Cam has them, but think it's fair to assume he has at least a dozen>

Alweezy

Reaction score
This fake wrestling person would lose because that same motion is used in TV and movies and was used long before this clown did. He can't claim a universally known sign as just his.

There's several versions of Feed Me on the trademark list but this is direct competition. I think he's going after Zeke, because Zeke fame has the potential to 100% overshadow his brand. He should have have claimed both when he was doing this. Here's some more data on this look at the claims and look at what the services are being listed for and the dates filed. Ryback trademarked this before Zeke started playing in the NFL.

Word Mark FEED ME
Goods and Services
IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Athletic apparel, namely, shirts, pants, jackets, footwear, hats and caps, athletic uniforms; Athletic uniforms; Gloves as clothing; Headbands for clothing; Hoods; Infant and toddler one piece clothing; Jackets; Jerseys; Ties as clothing; Triathlon clothing, namely, triathlon tights, triathlon shorts, triathlon singlets, triathlon shirts, triathlon suits; Wearable garments and clothing, namely, shirts; Women's clothing, namely, shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses; Wrist bands as clothing; Wristbands as clothing; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded pants; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded shirts; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded shorts; Clothing, namely, arm warmers; Clothing, namely, athletic sleeves; Clothing, namely, base layers; Clothing, namely, neck tubes
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code
(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 90185107
Filing Date September 16, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) EZEKIEL ELLIOTT LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 275 Madison Avenue, 35th Floor New York NEW YORK 10016
Attorney of Record Frank Salzano
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark FEED ME MORE
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, shirts, athletic pants, tank tops, shorts, and cloth bibs. FIRST USE: 20161100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20161100
IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: On-line retail store services featuring shirts, athletic pants, baby bibs, tank tops, shorts. FIRST USE: 20161100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20161100

Mark Drawing Code
Serial Number 86705439
Filing Date July 27, 2015
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition February 9, 2016
Registration Number 5335859
Registration Date November 14, 2017
Owner (REGISTRANT) REEVES, RYBACK INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES PO BOX 752740 LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89136
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Mark Borghese
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't think anybody should be getting any trademarks on words and phrases that are already part of the English language. So they both should be told to GTFOH. Pat Riley invented the word "ThreePeat" when he was with the Lakers.. I'm okay with his being granted a trademark on that. However people have been saying feed me since language was invented. To hell with both of these guys.

A factory worker in Dallas used his savings to copyright America's Team within days of the first time it was used on MNF and his wife thought that was so foolish she divorced him for it but then in the first year he made a million dollars off of it his wife tried to get some of that money. He did renew that copyright but I'm not sure if he or one of his family members still own that copyright. The only ones he gave permission to use it was the Cowboys and the then two local news papers.

After the packers won the Super Bowl in 1997 they put up banners on light posts downtown stating them as now America's Team. The guy who owned the copyright on it found out and his attorney sent them a cease and desist order about 3 days after they went up and the next day they came down and the city had to pay 25K per banner per the days they were up.

At one time Lawrence Welk owned the copyright to the packers song because nobody at the packers thought about copyrighting it and Welk did. The packers used to play that song or part of it several times a game and Welk allowed them to play it once before the game started. More than that and they would have to pay him. It seems like the packers have had bad luck when it comes to copyrights.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is absurd. "Feed me" is a common expression that no one should be able to own. Trademarking that is like copyrighting the A minor chord.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There's several versions of Feed Me on the trademark list but this is direct competition. I think he's going after Zeke, because Zeke fame has the potential to 100% overshadow his brand. He should have have claimed both when he was doing this. Here's some more data on this look at the claims and look at what the services are being listed for and the dates filed. Ryback trademarked this before Zeke started playing in the NFL.

Word Mark FEED ME
Goods and Services
IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Athletic apparel, namely, shirts, pants, jackets, footwear, hats and caps, athletic uniforms; Athletic uniforms; Gloves as clothing; Headbands for clothing; Hoods; Infant and toddler one piece clothing; Jackets; Jerseys; Ties as clothing; Triathlon clothing, namely, triathlon tights, triathlon shorts, triathlon singlets, triathlon shirts, triathlon suits; Wearable garments and clothing, namely, shirts; Women's clothing, namely, shirts, dresses, skirts, blouses; Wrist bands as clothing; Wristbands as clothing; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded pants; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded shirts; Clothing for athletic use, namely, padded shorts; Clothing, namely, arm warmers; Clothing, namely, athletic sleeves; Clothing, namely, base layers; Clothing, namely, neck tubes
Mark Drawing Code
Serial Number 90185107
Filing Date September 16, 2020
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) EZEKIEL ELLIOTT LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 275 Madison Avenue, 35th Floor New York NEW YORK 10016
Attorney of Record Frank Salzano
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark FEED ME MORE
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, shirts, athletic pants, tank tops, shorts, and cloth bibs. FIRST USE: 20161100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20161100
IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: On-line retail store services featuring shirts, athletic pants, baby bibs, tank tops, shorts. FIRST USE: 20161100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20161100

Mark Drawing Code
Serial Number 86705439
Filing Date July 27, 2015
Current Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition February 9, 2016
Registration Number 5335859
Registration Date November 14, 2017
Owner (REGISTRANT) REEVES, RYBACK INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES PO BOX 752740 LAS VEGAS NEVADA 89136
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Mark Borghese
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Does Elliott have anything that is printed with Feed Me on it that he's trying to market or is it from the motion me makes after getting a 1st down and/or his tattoo on his stomach? I think if this fake wrestler tries to sue Elliott for either he'll lose. The motion has been used in TV and movies long before this joker copyrighted it and is universally accepted just like when someone twirls their finger around beside their head meaning someone is crazy. You can't copyright stuff like that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
This fake wrestling person would lose because that same motion is used in TV and movies and was used long before this clown did. He can't claim a universally known sign as just his.
He also does not use that feed me motion. He mouths Feed me More during his entrance.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The other issue is if Ryback Wrestles for anyone other than WWE he may not be able to use the Ryback Character. Very few wrestlers get away with everything that makes them them. Hogan went to WCW and no more Hulkamania, Hulk Rules was the new slogan. Most new wrestlers sign over a lot of that stuff very few are smart enough to trademark themselves.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He also does not use that feed me motion. He mouths Feed me More during his entrance.

He uses the Feed Me motion EVERY time he runs for a first down. As far as mouthing Feed Me, since it's not heard that's going to be a tough sell in a law suite. I don't think you can copyright mouthing anything.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
He uses the Feed Me motion EVERY time he runs for a first down. As far as mouthing Feed Me, since it's not heard that's going to be a tough sell in a law suite. I don't think you can copyright mouthing anything.

He's talking about Ryback.