Zeke more ypc and more total yards

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Pollard was a killer in the first half. Play after play he proved his value.

Exactly and he leads the league in yards per attempt. Pollard has also has lit a fire under Zeke which he really needed. You can tell he feels pushed for the first time.

I'm happy for both of them and I will never understand "fans" who feel the need to denigrate one player to prove a point on the other...

Unless they have a gym class the next day. That would explain it.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
No he's not.Tony is faster.

Unless you think that being two years older has slowed Zeke down significantly (it hasn't), Zeke has always been faster than Tony, especially at his current weight, which is what he weighed at OSU when he starred in both football and track.

Zeke has never had an injury that would slow him down and he's always run a faster 40 and splits than Tony.

Reactions: BAT

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I don't pit the two against each other same team. I don't care if the third string gets 14 carries as long as the Cowboys win. Stats tracking at this level only matters for fantasy football. The Browns seem fine splitting carries between Chubb and Hunt. Two is better than one. Look how helpless the Titans are if Derrick Henry is a little off his game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Unless you think that being two years older has slowed Zeke down significantly (it hasn't), Zeke has always been faster than Tony, especially at his current weight, which is what he weighed at OSU when he starred in both football and track.

Zeke has never had an injury that would slow him down and he's always run a faster 40 and splits than Tony.

He has slowed down. He doesn't have the break away speed that he used to.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
How about that? Pollard had one big game and the turds talked for a week.
Its a shame though that it took another player to threaten his ego and position for him to finally pick it up a notch. A true professional would play his best all the time and not need another player to threaten his ego for him to finally play the way he should have been all along.

DanA

Reaction score

Pollard ran a 4.37 forty at his pro day so I wouldn’t necessarily say Zeke has always run a faster 40 but he did run a faster 40 at the combine.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m happy with this 2 headed backfield they’re creating. I’d still like to see them both on the field more

Nice idea, but it's not the way to go. Cowboys had Walker and Dorsett in the same backfield, didn't result in a huge running game, though admittedly Tony was on the downside of his career. If both are in one will be blocking most of the time, and that's not good, especially for Pollard, he's not the crash and bash type of runner, keep him fresh for the outside runs...

LovinItAll

Reaction score
He has slowed down. He doesn't have the break away speed that he used to.

I'm not going to argue with you despite you having exactly no evidence of Zeke's breakaway speed one way or the other. They don't call plays for Zeke to turn the corner, but he absolutely could if they did, not to mention that the majority of plays called for Pollard call for him to run behind Martin, something that isn't true for Zeke.

Again, he was slower the past two years because he added bulk. That's what being asked to carry the rock 25+ times/game will make a player do. I said it earlier - he's at his OSU playing weight this year and there's NO WAY Pollard beats Zeke in a foot race.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Pollard ran a 4.37 forty at his pro day so I wouldn’t necessarily say Zeke has always run a faster 40 but he did run a faster 40 at the combine.

Tony also played at 190# at Memphis, so he's almost 20# heavier now than he was then. Zeke is a shade under 220# right now, the same weight he was at OSU.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No offense, but this eally is a silly argument.
Zeke is RB1 and Pollard is RB2 whom both play very well in tandem for the same team. They both know their roles as this is a fan driven argument.

Fan and media.. ..The media keeps stirring that nonsense because there is a segment of fans that eats it up. Like you said up top.. it's a silly argument.. I love seeing both guys eat.. Hope to see a lot more of it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think Zeke was a state champion 100 meter man and 110 hurdler in high school. I think Zeke has track speed though I think Pollard is quicker and has better short area burst. But I suspect if they lined up and raced end zone to end zone Zeke would win. But there aren't a lot of 100 yard plays in football. So it really doesn't matter. Pollard uses his short area burst to get to the edges and to exploit small openings ... Zeke doesn't rely on that.. He uses his incredible power and leg drive to run through tackles that Pollard uses quickness and slippery-ness to make guys miss. The net result is pretty much the same.. with one notable exception.. Zeke can't get outside as well and Pollard can't run inside as well as Zeke. Which one you prefer is a matter of taste however what Zeke does is more sustainable IMHO. It provides a firmer foundation for your offense. I think you can succeed with Pollard doing what he do but it will just look different.. and there is question about how well he would hold up being the #1 target of the opposing defense. People take that as a slight but it's just reality. Until you do it consistently the assumption will be that you can't. People calling for him to supplant Zeke as the starter just don't like Zeke... there is no football reason to do it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is really embarrassing for Zeke, honestly. The difference between the two RB's ypc was 0.134 and now we are acting like Zeke did great while Pollard didn't. The performance of the 2 backs were virtually identical with Zeke getting the more carries, which would lead to more yards and he got the ball around the goal line enabling him to score.

This type of thread should be reserved when Zeke crushes it while Pollard gets shut down. Both backs were having a field day against the Eagles defense.

DanA

Reaction score
Possibly my favourite play was the "Bob Ross" play. Kellen has a sense of humor

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offense, but this eally is a silly argument.
Zeke is RB1 and Pollard is RB2 whom both play very well in tandem for the same team. They both know their roles as this is a fan driven argument.

Pick a side, wimp.

(I kid, bro)

kskboys

Reaction score
I think Zeke was a state champion 100 meter man and 110 hurdler in high school. I think Zeke has track speed though I think Pollard is quicker and has better short area burst. But I suspect if they lined up and raced end zone to end zone Zeke would win. But there aren't a lot of 100 yard plays in football. So it really doesn't matter. Pollard uses his short area burst to get to the edges and to exploit small openings ... Zeke doesn't rely on that.. He uses his incredible power and leg drive to run through tackles that Pollard uses quickness and slippery-ness to make guys miss. The net result is pretty much the same.. with one notable exception.. Zeke can't get outside as well and Pollard can't run inside as well as Zeke. Which one you prefer is a matter of taste however what Zeke does is more sustainable IMHO. It provides a firmer foundation for your offense. I think you can succeed with Pollard doing what he do but it will just look different.. and there is question about how well he would hold up being the #1 target of the opposing defense. People take that as a slight but it's just reality. Until you do it consistently the assumption will be that you can't. People calling for him to supplant Zeke as the starter just don't like Zeke... there is no football reason to do it.
Very well said.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Cowboys have it going right now. Zeke punishes defenders and Pollard flies by them.
No need to do anything but let them guys work.