Zeke more ypc and more total yards

RaZon

Reaction score
This STILL gong on, wow!

Pollard is faster, Zeke has better quicks and runs harder, how obvious does that have to be.

Give it a rest, sheesh!

RaZon

Reaction score
I think Zeke was a state champion 100 meter man and 110 hurdler in high school. I think Zeke has track speed though I think Pollard is quicker and has better short area burst. But I suspect if they lined up and raced end zone to end zone Zeke would win. But there aren't a lot of 100 yard plays in football. So it really doesn't matter. Pollard uses his short area burst to get to the edges and to exploit small openings ... Zeke doesn't rely on that.. He uses his incredible power and leg drive to run through tackles that Pollard uses quickness and slippery-ness to make guys miss. The net result is pretty much the same.. with one notable exception.. Zeke can't get outside as well and Pollard can't run inside as well as Zeke. Which one you prefer is a matter of taste however what Zeke does is more sustainable IMHO. It provides a firmer foundation for your offense. I think you can succeed with Pollard doing what he do but it will just look different.. and there is question about how well he would hold up being the #1 target of the opposing defense. People take that as a slight but it's just reality. Until you do it consistently the assumption will be that you can't. People calling for him to supplant Zeke as the starter just don't like Zeke... there is no football reason to do it.

Zeke

Also a standout track and field athlete, Elliott was a state qualifier in sprinting and hurdling events. He capped his high school career by winning four state championships at the Missouri Class 3 state championships in 2+1⁄2 hours (100-meter dash, 200-meter dash, 110-meter high hurdles and 300-meter hurdles).[9] He recorded career-best times of 10.95 seconds in the 100-meter dash, 22.05 seconds in the 200-meter dash, 13.77 seconds in the 110m hurdles and 37.52 seconds in the 300m hurdles. He was named the Gatorade Track Athlete of the Year in the state of Missouri.[10]

A 10.95 won't make the finals in Cali, Texas and Florida, girls can run that. Missouri not known for speed.

Just so ya know.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke

Also a standout track and field athlete, Elliott was a state qualifier in sprinting and hurdling events. He capped his high school career by winning four state championships at the Missouri Class 3 state championships in 2+1⁄2 hours (100-meter dash, 200-meter dash, 110-meter high hurdles and 300-meter hurdles).[9] He recorded career-best times of 10.95 seconds in the 100-meter dash, 22.05 seconds in the 200-meter dash, 13.77 seconds in the 110m hurdles and 37.52 seconds in the 300m hurdles. He was named the Gatorade Track Athlete of the Year in the state of Missouri.[10]

A 10.95 won't make the finals in Cali, Texas and Florida, girls can run that. Missouri not known for speed.

Just so ya know.

I don't know about in Florida and Texas but it absolutely would make the finals most years in Cali. Not saying it would win.. but it would be good enough to get there most years.. It also bears stating that a guy running four individual events probably has more gas in the tank if he were to scale back and focus one or two could perform at a higher level at any one of them.,

RaZon

Reaction score
I don't know about in Florida and Texas but it absolutely would make the finals most years in Cali. Not saying it would win.. but it would be good enough to get there most years.. It also bears stating that a guy running four individual events probably has more gas in the tank if he were to scale back and focus one or two could perform at a higher level at any one of them.,

No not really and with a PR of 10.95 that tells us most the time he was running 11.ish.

Zeke is quick but he doesn't possess actual sprint speed when talking those who do.

These guys could all run a sub 10.40;

RonnieT24

Reaction score
An even longer run for Zeke is coming.

I think we talked about it last year but I said it all year that Zeke needed to adapt his mindset when he gets into the open field. Since he's no longer getting 25-30 carries to beat on the defense he can't be running to contact trying to "set the tone." If he gets into the open he needs to be thinking about a house call. I think we saw that on the 47 yarder and really he has shown on several runs this year that he isn't just seeking out contact when he reaches the second level now.. I think you are correct that we're going to see a LOT more longer runs from Zeke this year.. Dude is in a groove totin the rock right now..

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think we talked about it last year but I said it all year that Zeke needed to adapt his mindset when he gets into the open field. Since he's no longer getting 25-30 carries to beat on the defense he can't be running to contact trying to "set the tone." If he gets into the open he needs to be thinking about a house call. I think we saw that on the 47 yarder and really he has shown on several runs this year that he isn't just seeking out contact when he reaches the second level now.. I think you are correct that we're going to see a LOT more longer runs from Zeke this year.. Dude is in a groove totin the rock right now..

Spot on!! And yeah, I believe we'll see a 60-something yard or longer run from Zeke soon.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No not really and with a PR of 10.95 that tells us most the time he was running 11.ish.

Zeke is quick but he doesn't possess actual sprint speed when talking those who do.

These guys could all run a sub 10.40;

Loved watching these guys run.