Zeke needs 63 yards for a 1000 yd season

blueblood70

Reaction score
4.1 is not abysmal......
tried explaining its very average but haters wont listen..zekes had 4.1 in 2017 but had the same stats in 10 games why? simple they fed him more..they stuck to the run game more often..ive said this 100times no one listens.hater want t hate but facts prove them otherwise..

Emmitt Smith had 7 of his 13 years under 4YPC but that all they got ..down year, yes, no specials, yes

abysmal, NO

they miss the pot is look at the team he had around him and yet still will achieve 1k and 4.1 ypc , i mean its all there, facts..

3rd string OL
backup qbs
Playing from behind most games
OC not committed to running even when its rolling..IMHO zeke easily has over 1500 yards in 2019 and few more wins and most like a playoff game should KM had stuck to zeke and more pollard in close games last year instead of trying to throw so much.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
tried explaining its very average but haters wont listen..zekes had 4.1 in 2017 but had the same stats in 10 games why? simple they fed him more..they stuck to the run game more often..ive said this 100times no one listens.hater want t hate but facts prove them otherwise..

Emmitt Smith had 7 of his 13 years under 4YPC but that all they got ..down year, yes, no specials, yes

abysmal, NO

they miss the pot is look at the team he had around him and yet still will achieve 1k and 4.1 ypc , i mean its all there, facts..

3rd string OL
backup qbs
OC not committed to running even when its rolling..IMHO zeke easily has over 1500 yards in 2019 and few more wins and most like a playoff game should KM had stuck to zeke and more pollard in close games last year instead of trying to throw so much.

Agreed. I will note That 4.1 ypc in 2017 did include a healthier O-line. Zack, Lael and Fredbeard, were healthy all year, Tyron and Johnathan Cooper started 13 games. If he had that O-line this year, where would he be?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed. I will note That 4.1 ypc in 2017 did include a healthier O-line. Zack, Lael and Fredbeard, were healthy all year, Tyron and Johnathan Cooper started 13 games. If he had that O-line this year, where would he be?
a lot better IMO. because without dak, horrible defense , Oc that doesnt scheme runs very well and his injuries' made it even tougher. look at 2019 what 4.5 YPC that closer to what i expect with healthier line and that above average

but again 4.1 not bad keep harping on this as bad season is ridiculous when some of the best RBs in history have more under 4YPC on their resume in their careers then one can count on one hand, ES had 7 of 13 under 4YPc with HOF line,.so???he had one over 5 only 3 over 4.5 i mean zekes career has been special , this year isnt special but its far from abysmal..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
22-A17354-FDF3-4030-A024-CE12-AB8-EC91-C.jpg

Yeah, 4.1 YPC is right in line with the other top backs, lol.

Y’all are deluded.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
and yet Emmitt smith had 7 years of his 13 year HOF career with the exact same under 4YPC that the yearly average just like zeke.hmm thats odd isnt it..you might want to check your facts many great RBs have had seasons like this..YPC around 4 means with 5 or six more carries a game ie 25x4 =100 , we arent running enough because we either play from behind a lot or the Oc doesnt stick and commit to the run game like run oriented OCs do no mater what the YPC is they FEED volume backs, own TOP and help the defense..fans are clueless just dropping useless stats to help their narratives and dont realize some of the best players to ever suit up SGHARE the same stats..

wasn't ES on better team with better coach full of HOF payers and not with 3rd string OL and horrible defense playing from behind and OC that has been pretty bad in the run game

TRY AGAIN...o_O:rolleyes:

This was true for the first half of Emmitt's career.. on the back end not so much. The line was pretty bad at the end of his stay in Dallas and was god awful both his years in Phoenix. And let's not forget that '99 was the last full season he had Troy and Mike as teammates. And he damn near hit 1400 yards that year despite sitting out a game and a half with the broken hand. The other thing that hurt Emmitt's lifetime average was that he was the primary short yardage and goal line back for most of his career. All those short yardage and goal to go runs worked against him in terms of ypc average. That and he, like every other human that has ever lived, just plain got old eventually. That's why the back half of his career featured a much lower average both in terms of per carry and per game. Oh and he played 15 years not 13... and was under 4 ypc in only 6 of them. But your overall point is well made, a running back doesn't call plays nor block for himself. Moore has hampered Zeke's production since taking over because he doesn't run him enough especially in the red zone. And just overall when he does run him it's right up the gut 90% of the time. And to piggy back on your point about seemingly always playing from behind. There is no question that since Moore took over the offense has been just terrible out of the gate. We've discussed a number of theories as to why this is.. and of course some want to blame Dak .. except Dak is the same QB who had them scoring a TD on the opening drive like 75% of the time until Moore took the reigns. Moore is a good offensive coordinator, but like most people who are new to their jobs, he is far from a finished product.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This was true for the first half of Emmitt's career.. on the back end not so much. The line was pretty bad at the end of his stay in Dallas and was god awful both his years in Phoenix. And let's not forget that '99 was the last full season he had Troy and Mike as teammates. And he damn near hit 1400 yards that year despite sitting out a game and a half with the broken hand. The other thing that hurt Emmitt's lifetime average was that he was the primary short yardage and goal line back for most of his career. All those short yardage and goal to go runs worked against him in terms of ypc average. That and he, like every other human that has ever lived, just plain got old eventually. That's why the back half of his career featured a much lower average both in terms of per carry and per game. Oh and he played 15 years not 13... and was under 4 ypc in only 6 of them. But your overall point is well made, a running back doesn't call plays nor block for himself. Moore has hampered Zeke's production since taking over because he doesn't run him enough especially in the red zone. And just overall when he does run him it's right up the gut 90% of the time. And to piggy back on your point about seemingly always playing from behind. There is no question that since Moore took over the offense has been just terrible out of the gate. We've discussed a number of theories as to why this is.. and of course some want to blame Dak .. except Dak is the same QB who had them scoring a TD on the opening drive like 75% of the time until Moore took the reigns. Moore is a good offensive coordinator, but like most people who are new to their jobs, he is far from a finished product.
1999 ES had 4.2 YPC so again not much difference if you equate to whats going on this year with zeke and the team around him.diference is they gave it to him 319 times .. :) havent seen that in while in dallas , Hey wonder BOY why :))

Hardline

Reaction score
If Zeke gets 1k. He’d join Hall of Famers Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett as the only running backs in franchise history to amass 1k in four of their first five campaigns.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think Zeke has been hurt more this year than the team has let on. He looked really fresh against the Eagles after missing a week to rest his calf injury. Having said that, and with a line decimated by injuries, his 4.1 yards per carry is actually quite impressive in my opinion.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Zeke gets 1k. He’d join Hall of Famers Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett as the only running backs in franchise history to amass 1k in four of their first five campaigns.

I wonder how many Cowboys fans know that Zeke is already the team's third all-time rushing leader behind Smith and Dorsett.

That means Elliott has already has more rushing yards than Don Perkins, Calvin Hill, Robert Newhouse, DeMarco Murray, Marion Barber, Walt Garrison, and Herschel Walker (the rest of the franchise's top ten rushers).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*I sure do hope he's got it in him to dig deep from within ,tho, 63 yards may appear 2 b somewhat of a daunting task,,,he could git' lucky:lmao:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Jeus f’in christ! Can anyone else see this link or has Ronnie become so low that now he’s claiming video evidence doesn’t work instead of admitting he’s wrong? You’re a scum bag Ronnie.

Anyone have a problem seeing this?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/05/detroit-lions-dallas-cowboys-flag-pass-interference

Ronnie, no one cares that you have it saved. I don’t care what you did in college. The evidence is in the proof that I provided, just admit your wrong sister.

You also don't care that the game film itself proves what I am saying is true. If you have evidence that "proves" anything it's that you only see what you want to see.. You want to get into a junior high name calling contest now because you've been shown to be a blind Cowboy hater? Good luck with that..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Right now our main concern is the Egals winning & not Ewoks 63 yards. Because in the end, his yardage won't win us the division if the Egals lose!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
4.1 ypc is what he averaged in 2017, not sure if anyone called it abysmal then. I wouldnt call it abysmal now either. 3.7 or below is abysmal.

Shoot..... Eddie George averaged 3.7 ypc the year he was first team All-Pro. He never averaged more than 4.1 his entire career.
Exactly. I won't make a argument he's having a great year or that he's great....but to call it abysmal is a stretch only someone with a agenda would say.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jeus f’in christ! Can anyone else see this link or has Ronnie become so low that now he’s claiming video evidence doesn’t work instead of admitting he’s wrong? You’re a scum bag Ronnie.

Anyone have a problem seeing this?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/05/detroit-lions-dallas-cowboys-flag-pass-interference

Ronnie, no one cares that you have it saved. I don’t care what you did in college. The evidence is in the proof that I provided, just admit your wrong sister.
Ronnie is 100% correct.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

abysmal, NO

3rd string OL
backup qbs

And that's been my argument but you can't tell these guys nothing.

FACtor in his piss poor offensive line for most of the year, he contracted Covid, lost Dak....he's not having that bad of a season. I'd like to think at this point in his career this is his floor not his ceiling.