Zeke needs 63 yards for a 1000 yd season

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much tougher for RB to get 1k yards nowadays plus zeke behind this OL and his health and us playing from behind, it is a nice job no matter what the haters say..

odd AC getting a lot of luv for getting to 1k and its a lot easier for WR to get 1k then a RB especially in pass happy league and playing from behind many games,..

ac gets 3 threads on how great 1k is and zeke gets constant hate ..SMH

That's what I wrote earlier. They were talking about the old timers getting 1K with shorter seasons. The NFL *is* different now. More hi tech and complex. Both offense and defense. If IS harder to get those rushing yards.

Add to that this *** up season...and I don't get why people are so proud of their hate. Instead of cheering him on to get the 1K or the most he can get...they are giving hand jobs to each other bashing him. Pathetic.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke is too fat to be a 1000 yard ball carrier this season. It may be only 63 yards but he won't get it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it's not. Last year there was 16 1,000+ rushers, that's around as many yearly that the 90s had. Defense are much easier to run and pass against these days due to rule changes.

There are five players right now with 1K and one of them had 1001.

So easy.

:facepalm:

Gawd...haters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LAst week after Kamara's 5 TD game the haters were in FULL force...showing how much better kamara is.

He needs 68 yards to get 1k. He is elite but zeke isn't. LOL....zeke haters are so weird.
i watched those highlights most of those runs Kamra had two holes to choose from , ie the OL and brees as threat is far different story for zeke..his OC also ran a lot on the rz, lets check out Boy wonder KM does in the RZ,,hmm

Kamara is very good back so is cooks, chubb, henry, and others.there are other stars in this league. Zeke IMO was still very productive last year despite KMoore and can be with a healthier OL and not playing from behind all the time but most importantly Moore need to committed to the run longer in games..

this year was a down year no doubt , the fumbles werent a great look but there are easy to see reason for it , haters wont allow it..meh

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There are five players right now with 1K and one of them had 1001.

So easy.

:facepalm:

Gawd...haters.

We have a week to go, smooth brain. There are 7 players currently who need a mediocre day on Saturday or Sunday to reach 1,000 yards. One being Zeke. He is literally there with 6 other guys, those 6 other guys elite? Is Drake elite? Taylor? Ronald Jones?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kamara is a dual threat, not only does he have 16 rushing TDs, he has 5 TD receptions and 700 yards receiving. He also has more 20+ and 40+ yard runs and receptions than Zeke by a large margin.

It's not "Zeke hate", it's simple reality. What you have is bias, because Zeke has a star on his helmet he MUST be great. That's not how it works, fan bubbles often cause such exaggerations because you focus less on the rest of the league. Educate yourself and then post.

That wasn't my point at ALL.

You wanna lecture ME about "reality"...yet fail to mention Kamara has Breese and Peyton and a secure set system. Did Kamara have covid and injury? How's NO O-line? 3rd stringers?

"simple reality"....jeeze dude. Hater.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i watched those highlights most of those runs Kamra had two holes to choose from , ie the OL and brees as threat is far different story for zeke..his OC also ran a lot on the rz, lets check out Boy wonder KM does in the RZ,,hmm

Kamara is very good back so is cooks, chubb, henry, and others.there are other stars in this league. Zeke IMO was still very productive last year despite KMoore and can be with a healthier OL and not playing from behind all the time but most importantly Moore need to committed to the run longer in games..

this year was a down year no doubt , the fumbles werent a great look but there are easy to see reason for it , haters wont allow it..meh
You beat me to most of that. I also agree zeke most assuredly IS having a down year....not from any "excuse"....he just is. The fumbles. a few drops, some sub-par blocking. All things he could have prevented.

I won't make excuses for that. But I'm not gonna bash him either.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's what we said in Zeke 1st year. What a stud what value.

So...let it play out. When he gets his re-up all the Jags fans can beech and moan just like you do here.

No, that’s not what everyone said genius. Zeke being taken at #4 instantly made him the 2-3rd highest paid RB in the league at the time per year fumbduck.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You beat me to most of that. I also agree zeke most assuredly IS having a down year....not from any "excuse"....he just is. The fumbles. a few drops, some sub-par blocking. All things he could have prevented.

I won't make excuses for that. But I'm not gonna bash him either.

No, you’ll just came around here like an indignant fanboy trying to defend his hero’s honor.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a week to go, smooth brain. There are 7 players currently who need a mediocre day on Saturday or Sunday to reach 1,000 yards. One being Zeke. He is literally there with 6 other guys, those 6 other guys elite? Is Drake elite? Taylor? Ronald Jones?

YEs....I know "smooth brain". YEs...zeke is having a "down year". Can those players you cite claim their 1k is a "down year"? "Smooth brain".

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That wasn't my point at ALL.

You wanna lecture ME about "reality"...yet fail to mention Kamara has Breese and Peyton and a secure set system. Did Kamara have covid and injury? How's NO O-line? 3rd stringers?

"simple reality"....jeeze dude. Hater.

Kamara has played the same with and without Brees. And Zeke has been struggling for quite a while, especially getting to the second level. Hasn't had a 40+ yard gain since 2018. Yet, somehow, Pollard with his limited touches and supposedly far less talent is doing it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
YEs....I know "smooth brain". YEs...zeke is having a "down year". Can those players you cite claim their 1k is a "down year"? "Smooth brain".

He's not having a "down year", he's simply not getting the volume carries he got in the past. This has been Zeke since 2018. A steady decline, only difference is now we have a HC who doesn't feel obligated to give him 300+ carries.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kamara has played the same with and without Brees. And Zeke has been struggling for quite a while, especially getting to the second level. Hasn't had a 40+ yard gain since 2018. Yet, somehow, Pollard with his limited touches and supposedly far less talent is doing it.

LOL...you are judging Zeke based on a few games....not his entire career.

Your judging Pollard on one game.

Yes..Pollard does get a splash play now and then. But he also gets stuffed HARD and loses yards. Give him the full load for a season or two then compare.

Zke is having a down year...true. So let's kick him in the dirt. Instead of cheering him on and supporting him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL...you are judging Zeke based on a few games....not his entire career.

Your judging Pollard on one game.

Yes..Pollard does get a splash play now and then. But he also gets stuffed HARD and loses yards. Give him the full load for a season or two then compare.

Zke is having a down year...true. So let's kick him in the dirt. Instead of cheering him on and supporting him.

A "Few games"? 3 seasons is a "few games"? That's over half his career so far. What the hell are you even talking about? Start drinking a little early tonight?

And here we go lol "Zeke might not break of long runs, but he gets those DIRTY yards. Those 4 ypc that NO OTHER RB can get!"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not having a "down year", he's simply not getting the volume carries he got in the past. This has been Zeke since 2018. A steady decline, only difference is now we have a HC who doesn't feel obligated to give him 300+ carries.

I said "down year"...becuase I've never seen him go through a fumbling problem like that. A few drops that he typically makes. And he's having some trouble blocking in support of our 3rd string oline.

I've already said he's not getting the carries he needs to be an effective deadly RB. The feed me is a real thing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A "Few games"? 3 seasons is a "few games"? That's over half his career so far. What the hell are you even talking about? Start drinking a little early tonight?

Zeke was league leading rusher for what 2-3 seasons? Would have been 3 without the stupid suspension.

Pollard?
How many starts? How many full season of full games of starting?

Big difference. Apples to oranges.

And yes..I just opened my first beer thanks for asking! :thumbup:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I said "down year"...becuase I've never seen him go through a fumbling problem like that. A few drops that he typically makes. And he's having some trouble blocking in support of our 3rd string oline.

I've already said he's not getting the carries he needs to be an effective deadly RB. The feed me is a real thing.

Never seen him have fumbling problems like that? No, you saw him get lucky and our team recover his fumbles.

First year - 5 fumbles
Second year - 1 fumble
Third year - 6 fumbles
Fourth year - 3 fumbles
Fifth year - 5 fumbles

Zeke hasn't exactly been great in this department, quite inconsistent. I can overlook fumbles if an RB is dominating (Smith and Peterson both had fumbling problems), but Zeke doesn't do enough to make up for this stuff. Couple that with Dak have the pocket presence of a blind man, and you end up with players that lead the league in combined fumbles.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke was league leading rusher for what 2-3 seasons? Would have been 3 without the stupid suspension.

Pollard?
How many starts? How many full season of full games of starting?

Big difference. Apples to oranges.

And yes..I just opened my first beer thanks for asking! :thumbup:

Back to: Zeke was getting 300+ carries a year outside of the year he was suspended. Of course he would lead the league in rushing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don;t think pollard has "far less talent". I don;t think many people think that at all.

He has a different skill set. It's my opinion the OC hasn't taken advantage of it. It could be playing from behind, decimated O-line, incorrect/one dimensional play calling.

All the things I don't believe NO struggles with.