Zeke needs 63 yards for a 1000 yd season

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I said "down year"...becuase I've never seen him go through a fumbling problem like that. A few drops that he typically makes. And he's having some trouble blocking in support of our 3rd string oline.

I've already said he's not getting the carries he needs to be an effective deadly RB. The feed me is a real thing.

Also, I want to point something out there, the money he is getting - he should be an RB that should be able to produce in ANY kind of environment. He shouldn't need 20+ carries a game to "Get it going" - he should be a back that when we need to pass, he would be effective then as well. Simple fact is, he's not. He's relatively average to inconsistent in the passing game and it seems his blocking, which was touted, is starting to slip as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don;t think pollard has "far less talent". I don;t think many people think that at all.

He has a different skill set. It's my opinion the OC hasn't taken advantage of it. It could be playing from behind, decimated O-line, incorrect/one dimensional play calling.

All the things I don't believe NO struggles with.

LOL the hell? Pollard was a 4th round pick, Zeke was a top 5 pick and the highest paid player at his position. Nobody thinks he's far less talented? I don't think Pollard is a great back, I think he's above average with some home run hitting abilities. But that looks bad on Zeke, which means the quality of his play has slipped if he is now being compared to Pollard and the gap is closing

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never seen him have fumbling problems like that? No, you saw him get lucky and our team recover his fumbles.

First year - 5 fumbles
Second year - 1 fumble
Third year - 6 fumbles
Fourth year - 3 fumbles
Fifth year - 5 fumbles

Zeke hasn't exactly been great in this department, quite inconsistent. I can overlook fumbles if an RB is dominating (Smith and Peterson both had fumbling problems), but Zeke doesn't do enough to make up for this stuff. Couple that with Dak have the pocket presence of a blind man, and you end up with players that lead the league in combined fumbles.

Ah...abusing stats again I see. Zeke had as many fumbles in the first 6 games as he did his first year. That..is problematic.

1 fumble in a whole year? Awesome!

only 3 fumbles in a whole year? AWESOME!

Zeke has had only 1 fumble since those first 6 games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL the hell? Pollard was a 4th round pick, Zeke was a top 5 pick and the highest paid player at his position. Nobody thinks he's far less talented? I don't think Pollard is a great back, I think he's above average with some home run hitting abilities. But that looks bad on Zeke, which means the quality of his play has slipped if he is now being compared to Pollard and the gap is closing

YES,,,"what the hell" . He has DIFFERENT skill sets than zeke. In his own way he is very talented. I get zeke haters want to say the "gap closing" is ALL ON ZEKE.

Ah....fug it never mind. I like both zeke and tony and wished we had a better o-line, Dak...and were able to design plays to utilize both players talents better.

This stupid bickering about is dumb.

Have a great New Years Eve.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ah...abusing stats again I see. Zeke had as many fumbles in the first 6 games as he did his first year. That..is problematic.

1 fumble in a whole year? Awesome!

only 3 fumbles in a whole year? AWESOME!

Zeke has had only 1 fumble since those first 6 games.

I didn't "Abuse" anything - he has 3 seasons of 5 or more fumbles. I don't care when they take place, simple fact is, he has had moments in his career when he's had stretches where he fumbled.

I saw fans absolute slam Murray for ONE season of fumbling issues, yet Zeke who has had stretches throughout his career gets a pass? My god, what getting taken in the top 5 allows you to get away with it. Abusing women, breaking COVID protocol, assaulting DJs, and poor play.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
YES,,,"what the hell" . He has DIFFERENT skill sets than zeke. In his own way he is very talented. I get zeke haters want to say the "gap closing" is ALL ON ZEKE.

Ah....fug it never mind. I like both zeke and tony and wished we had a better o-line, Dak...and were able to design plays to utilize both players talents better.

This stupid bickering about is dumb.

Have a great New Years Eve.

Nobody is buying your BS, dude.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh Ron Ron, the only think you’re tooting is more of your hot air. I usually appreciate a thorough response but you are usually the exception to that rule. I asked two simple questions, when and where did that face mask happen?

Sometimes less is more and all I got out of all of that above was you don’t care what anyone else says, you don’t care about video evidence because you saw it live and you’re right while the league and about 99% of everyone else is wrong. I think you often use a lot of words to make a point in hopes that it makes you seem right or gain credibility when all it is is fluff, crap, dookie, etc but I don’t but it Ron Ron so let's try this again.

When and where does the face mask occur on that play? And a bonus question, who initiated contact? Here it is again because it’s almost as if you’re not even clicking on the link.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/05/detroit-lions-dallas-cowboys-flag-pass-interference

BTW, what replay did you show? Perhaps I missed it but all I’ve seen you post is a still shot which doesn’t tell the entire story and which is probably why you refuse to answer my questions and use the link of the live play I provided you.

Why do I need to watch your link? (it doesn't play for me by the way) I watched the game and have watched it a few times.. I can go watch it right now if I want to.. I have it saved. You can post all the links that agree with you till the cows come home.. It won't change my mind and it won't change how the play went down. The facemask happened at about the 41 yard line.. Pettigrew reaches out with his right hand and pushes Hitch in the face .. you see Hitchen's head snap back from the force at which point Hitch flails and grabs the back of Pettigrew's jersey. When you look at the picture you can see Hitchen's left arm out in front PERPENDICULAR to the ground.. as he is huffing to stay with his man. Then as he gets hit in the face he reaches out and grabs the jersey .. he quickly let's go but Pettigrew's hand must have gotten caught in the face mask because that right hand stays up in Hitchens' face for three full strides (yes I am watching the play right now.. ) The next time we see Pettigrew's right hand is as he crosses about the 39 yard line as he actually pushes Hitchens in the face AGAIN. But it doesn't matter how much I post of the play with arrows pointing out the face mask you're not changing your mind so I'm not about to waste any more time on that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not horrible for missing a game.
Doesn't matter at this point, all prior stats this season out the window now.
I know most here will dismiss this, but this locker room has changed in the past 3 weeks.
This locker room doesn't care about the fan base opinion.
So dismiss this post as all pom pom whatever ,,, but Ive been right before, and Im telling you,,
The Skins just ruin it for us.. hate them skins.

aria

Reaction score
Why do I need to watch your link? (it doesn't play for me by the way) I watched the game and have watched it a few times.. I can go watch it right now if I want to.. I have it saved. You can post all the links that agree with you till the cows come home.. It won't change my mind and it won't change how the play went down. The facemask happened at about the 41 yard line.. Pettigrew reaches out with his right hand and pushes Hitch in the face .. you see Hitchen's head snap back from the force at which point Hitch flails and grabs the back of Pettigrew's jersey. When you look at the picture you can see Hitchen's left arm out in front PERPENDICULAR to the ground.. as he is huffing to stay with his man. Then as he gets hit in the face he reaches out and grabs the jersey .. he quickly let's go but Pettigrew's hand must have gotten caught in the face mask because that right hand stays up in Hitchens' face for three full strides (yes I am watching the play right now.. ) The next time we see Pettigrew's right hand is as he crosses about the 39 yard line as he actually pushes Hitchens in the face AGAIN. But it doesn't matter how much I post of the play with arrows pointing out the face mask you're not changing your mind so I'm not about to waste any more time on that.
Jeus f’in christ! Can anyone else see this link or has Ronnie become so low that now he’s claiming video evidence doesn’t work instead of admitting he’s wrong? You’re a scum bag Ronnie.

Anyone have a problem seeing this?
https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/05/detroit-lions-dallas-cowboys-flag-pass-interference

Ronnie, no one cares that you have it saved. I don’t care what you did in college. The evidence is in the proof that I provided, just admit your wrong sister.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Jeus f’in christ! Can anyone else see this link or has Ronnie become so low that now he’s claiming video evidence doesn’t work instead of admitting he’s wrong? You’re a scum bag Ronnie.

Anyone have a problem seeing this?

Ronnie, no one cares that you have it saved. I don’t care what you did in college. The evidence is in the proof that I provided, just admit your wrong sister.
Goodell hates the Lions more than he hate the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don’t know about that, his ypc is abysmal. Classic case of quantity over quality.
and yet Emmitt smith had 7 years of his 13 year HOF career with the exact same under 4YPC that the yearly average just like zeke.hmm thats odd isnt it..you might want to check your facts many great RBs have had seasons like this..YPC around 4 means with 5 or six more carries a game ie 25x4 =100 , we arent running enough because we either play from behind a lot or the Oc doesnt stick and commit to the run game like run oriented OCs do no mater what the YPC is they FEED volume backs, own TOP and help the defense..fans are clueless just dropping useless stats to help their narratives and dont realize some of the best players to ever suit up SGHARE the same stats..

wasn't ES on better team with better coach full of HOF payers and not with 3rd string OL and horrible defense playing from behind and OC that has been pretty bad in the run game

TRY AGAIN...o_O:rolleyes:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL, 1000 yard seasons used to be a benchmark when the season was only 12 or 14 games long. Now it seems like if you are a RB and played almost every game, you should be able to go over that mark easily and not having to wait for the last game to get over it. But whatever floats your boat. Same with receivers actually.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL, 1000 yard seasons used to be a benchmark when the season was only 12 or 14 games long. Now it seems like if you are a RB and played almost every game, you should be able to go over that mark easily and not having to wait for the last game to get over it. But whatever floats your boat. Same with receivers actually.
that odd because only 5 backs out of 100 or more have 1k yards this season..nice try but this is pass happy league and run game has to be run by committed OC with team that wants to play like that to do what Henry chubbs and cooks are doing..we stopped doing that when KM was given control add in terrible OL this season , no defense, playing from behind, and and OC that abandons the run more times then not..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
that odd because only 5 backs out of 100 or more have 1k yards this season..nice try but this is pass happy league and run game has to be run by committed OC with team that wants to play like that to do what Henry chubbs and cooks are doing..we stopped doing that when KM was given control add in terrible OL this season , no defense, playing from behind, and and OC that abandons the run more times then not..

Kellen Moore was in control last year and Zeke was over 300+ carries and 1,300 yards last season.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
and yet Emmitt smith had 7 years of his 13 year HOF career with the exact same under 4YPC that the yearly average just like zeke.hmm thats odd isnt it..you might want to check your facts many great RBs have had seasons like this..YPC around 4 means with 5 or six more carries a game ie 25x4 =100 , we arent running enough because we either play from behind a lot or the Oc doesnt stick and commit to the run game like run oriented OCs do no mater what the YPC is they FEED volume backs, own TOP and help the defense..fans are clueless just dropping useless stats to help their narratives and dont realize some of the best players to ever suit up SGHARE the same stats..

wasn't ES on better team with better coach full of HOF payers and not with 3rd string OL and horrible defense playing from behind and OC that has been pretty bad in the run game

TRY AGAIN...o_O:rolleyes:
Completely different era when it comes to RBs like Emmit. 1000 yard rushers were hard to come by, YPC or not. Now days, 1000 yard rushers can be found up and down the draft. The only thing keeping us from seeing 20 1000 yard rushers today is most NFL teams don’t use “bell cow” running backs any more. Bottom line, 1000 yards doesn’t impress anyone, and it certainly won’t make anyone cry in here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Completely different era when it comes to RBs like Emmit. 1000 yard rushers were hard to come by, YPC or not. Now days, 1000 yard rushers can be found up and down the draft. The only thing keeping us from seeing 20 1000 yard rushers today is most NFL teams don’t use “bell cow” running backs any more. Bottom line, 1000 yards doesn’t impress anyone, and it certainly won’t make anyone cry in here.
sorry bottom line is no it wasn't backs got 1k all the time more so then now..get passed it ES was a volume back pure and simple just volume back like Zeke and YPC is the only factor because how an OC uses you and your OL blocks is very important..

ES had 7 years out for 13 with under 4YPC this season zekes at 4.1 not great sure but many of best backs in nfl history has seasons like this far more then one..get over your Bias its personal ..its not impressive because you are blind to the facts.You can FEEL however you want unimpressed or not the facts stand the test of time like Stats..

worst OL dallas has put out in years, used 4 qbs ie no pas threat, playing from behind most games, and an OC not committed to the run./.get over it you are flat wrong..