CFZ Zeke needs some Respect

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I love the way he’s running like he’s got a dump in his pants ya know but it’s working,

we sure to hit them with the hammer and then pollard would come in and catch them
Off guard but maybe them doing in reverse will be even better. Get em chasing pollard for a series or two and then zeke comes in and lowers the boom for the sure 4.4 yards a pop

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love the way he’s running like he’s got a dump in his pants ya know but it’s working,

we sure to hit them with the hammer and then pollard would come in and catch them
Off guard but maybe them doing in reverse will be even better. Get em chasing pollard for a series or two and then zeke comes in and lowers the boom for the sure 4.4 yards a pop

Davis is averaging 4.5 yards a pop. We would probably be better off letting him run the ball. Zeke is at 4.2 ypc.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Davis is averaging 4.5 yards a pop. We would probably be better off letting him run the ball. Zeke is at 4.2 ypc.
Silly stat don’t we give zeke all the Goal line carries in which his max yards he can attain on said play would be just the 1 yard?

zeke behind z Martin is usually good for a good play

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott did not start on Sunday night against the Colts, as Jones said after the game stemmed from a minor disciplinary action involving a cell phone in a meeting.

Jones said his only reason for bringing up a topic that is usually handled by the coaching staff internally, was to diffuse any talk about Zeke losing his starting job.
"I just wanted to make the point ... there was no demotion there," Jones said. "It's really something I shouldn't be talking about, frankly. It's a coaching internal thing."

Zeke still got a team-high 17 carries for 77 yards and a touchdown while Pollard had 12 carries for 91 yards and two scores.

Really minor incident but I like the fact coach is holding players accountable even small violation

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No he doesn't and he's not the lead dawg. Zeke signed a huge deal and has never stayed dedicated. The days of showing off the abs have long been gone since his rookie season and since then he hasn't been much of an impact. He's lost 2-3 steps and will be gone next year.
The truth.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Silly stat don’t we give zeke all the Goal line carries in which his max yards he can attain on said play would be just the 1 yard?

zeke behind z Martin is usually good for a good play

We dont give Zeke all the GL carries. Another Zeke myth. Pollard scored on one last game.

Cant you just watch the backs run and tell why Zeke has a lower YPC average? LOL

Its because he isnt as good. Simple as that.

Dakota

Reaction score
Well his numbers are dropping and he is at the point of his career where they won't be getting any better from here on out. He was on his cell phone making reservations to a beach front resort in Mexico, where he plans to pack on some pounds and do some yard work (weeding).

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The only chart worse than the Zeke career YPC and YPR is the value of Crypto. Come to think of it they are both very similar. They both cost a fortune to get and have no real value and prove to be worthless over time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well his numbers are dropping and he is at the point of his career where they won't be getting any better from here on out. He was on his cell phone making reservations to a beach front resort in Mexico, where he plans to pack on some pounds and do some yard work (weeding).

He actually has picked things up over the last 2 games 77 yard and 92 for 4.5 and 5.8 respectively and 8 TD on the season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No he doesn't and he's not the lead dawg. Zeke signed a huge deal and has never stayed dedicated. The days of showing off the abs have long been gone since his rookie season and since then he hasn't been much of an impact. He's lost 2-3 steps and will be gone next year.
Haters gonna hate. It’s their character.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke’s not the guy he was in 2016. No argument there. He’s 27 now and has taking a beating. He’s had some minor injuries that have hampered him the last year or so. 27 is getting up there for a RB but 27 is still young. It’s all about how you take care of your body. Hell, Brady’s 42 and still competing at a high level.

What Zeke has morphed into later in his career is a ground and pound short yardage machine. When was the last time you saw Zeke get stopped on 3rd and 1? It’s happened, but it’s been awhile. If you have a ground and pound RB who can get that 1st down on 3rd and 1 then you have something. The defense knows it’s coming, yet Zeke gets it done. And the key to that statement is that he’s done it with great offensive lines and bad offensive lines. You may not like the nose rings, the fro, the “Feed Me”, but the dude balls out on Sunday’s. We’re lucky to have him. Now his next contract is not going to be anything close to his 1st contract, but I for one hope the Cowboys extend him at a Cowboy friendly contract next year. He’s a huge part of the offense.

You should really consider writing a book on the team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The only chart worse than the Zeke career YPC and YPR is the value of Crypto. Come to think of it they are both very similar. They both cost a fortune to get and have no real value and prove to be worthless over time.
Well, if you can’t see the value Zeke provides then stick with your Crypto losses. It fits you.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We dont give Zeke all the GL carries. Another Zeke myth. Pollard scored on one last game.

Cant you just watch the backs run and tell why Zeke has a lower YPC average? LOL

Its because he isnt as good. Simple as that.

Pollard has 25 short yardage (3 yards or less to go) and goal to go carries this season.
Zeke has 40 such carries.. even after missing two games he has near double the number.

But never allow the facts to get in the way of a good narrative.

goshan

Reaction score
he looks quick and fluid the the last two weeks. hopefully that continues the rest of the season. It's weird to me that there is such a week to week difference in how quick he looks on the cuts.

goshan

Reaction score
Pollard has 25 short yardage (3 yards or less to go) and goal to go carries this season.
Zeke has 40 such carries.. even after missing two games he has near double the number.

But never allow the facts to get in the way of a good narrative.
Even without the goal line carries, Zeke is going to average less because he doesn't break many runs over 10-12 yards.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Zeke’s not the guy he was in 2016. No argument there. He’s 27 now and has taking a beating. He’s had some minor injuries that have hampered him the last year or so. 27 is getting up there for a RB but 27 is still young. It’s all about how you take care of your body. Hell, Brady’s 42 and still competing at a high level.

What Zeke has morphed into later in his career is a ground and pound short yardage machine. When was the last time you saw Zeke get stopped on 3rd and 1? It’s happened, but it’s been awhile. If you have a ground and pound RB who can get that 1st down on 3rd and 1 then you have something. The defense knows it’s coming, yet Zeke gets it done. And the key to that statement is that he’s done it with great offensive lines and bad offensive lines. You may not like the nose rings, the fro, the “Feed Me”, but the dude balls out on Sunday’s. We’re lucky to have him. Now his next contract is not going to be anything close to his 1st contract, but I for one hope the Cowboys extend him at a Cowboy friendly contract next year. He’s a huge part of the offense.
I really like the 2 backs and what they bring, it will be up to Zeke to take a pay decrease to keep them together moving forward. If he balks, we could see major changes in the RB room next season.

dckid

Reaction score

I think Zeke does not deserve any respect. He already has a bloated contract, give me what Pollard brings to the RB position.
Zeke is basically slowing down and hindering the offense.
I want to know what is the cap hit to cut him post June 1 next league year.
( found it. Cut him post June 1st his cap hit is 5.8 Million, next year but the cap saving is 10.9 million.
BTW he is signed through 2026