CFZ Zeke needs some Respect

Jarntt

Reaction score
Zeke is just another in the long line of polarizing players on the team for Cowboy fans where people on here seem to spin the narrative du jour based not on what happens on the field but on what they have said on here over and over again about the player; both positive and negative.

Yes he is overpaid. I don’t think anyone can contest that, but that’s a conversation for the offseason, not the middle of a playoff race. Personally I think he has been great lately. Last week was one of his best games. I think he has settled into the timeshare role really well and his play and the team’s play has improved because of it. I think the team now is finally utilizing Pollard like they should but we saw how he tired while Zeke was out. First game he said he was done and the second game he asked out in OT.

Zeke gets the hard yards and helps us grind in the running game. I love that short yardage play when we give it to him as the FB while the defense shades to pollard as the deep back. Then we bring Pollard in and let his explosiveness give us some game breaking plays. Going forward I think we will see more carries from Zeke in games we should win like today and more from Pollard in our tougher matchups. I think the team is finally using them properly and we are a better team because of it. Pollard has proven the better player at this point of their careers but that doesn’t mean Zeke doesn’t help the team as well.

just my 2 cents

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More than just his performance on the field, I respect the man he has become off the field.

He certainly has matured, eh?

The thing is...Zeke has ALWAYS given everything he has on the field. Been a good teammate. Done everything this team has asked of him. What other superstar rushing leader blocks "like a fullback" (in the passing game) like Zeke has done year after year?

None

They even made him substitute himself for several years, taking the ridicule of idiot fans. KM finally changed that nonsense.

Zeke set the bar high in 2016...and everyone expected better than than that every following year. An unreasonable, impossible task. QB injury, lame duck HC, "learn on the job" OC, revolving door on the o-line, #1 wr's moving on.

No...not excuses....just the facts.

There's only a couple guys on this team with more than 2 years that has performed and given everything for so long and so consistently. If it's time for him to go...fine. But give him some respect and credit. Don't be a bleep.