Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Yeah, proration is so dumb. Statistics, so dumb. Math. EH! Dumb.

The whole point was about his performance to date. This is putting those two games into context of the whole season. I'm sorry your feeble little mind can't handle that, Superfan.

Proration is dumb on such a small sample size. Anyone with a brain knows that. Sorry you don't.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I'll play this stupid "statistics " game. If yesterday is Zeke's average game going forward, he'll end up with 1300+ yards and 16 TDs. Satisfied?

superonyx

Reaction score
Gurley and Peterson (before his injury) haven't done squat this year do they suck as well or is it cause teams are keying on them daring teams to beat them with other players?

I hate when people blame one player for the issues with an entire offense. RBs need some lanes and you can't make a living running vs stacked boxes. Players are just too good. Yea he fumbled but I still think as the offense gets better and Dak is allowed to do more things it will start to open up some running lanes for Zeke. He was close to going to the house a few times today.
Great post. But unfortunately it will fall on mostly deaf eyes here on CZ. These fans that didn't want to draft a RB at 4 have been waiting a long time to make threads like this. It just shows how some fans are either trolls or just don't understand the game with any depth. They only understand stat sheets and fantasy football stats. They didn't get their guy drafted so Zeke will be over scrutinized for a long time.
It's pretty strange fan behavior. But it's the troll generation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's putting too much pressure on himself. He needs to just relax and be himself. But the coaches need to recognize Morris can take the pressure off while Zeke figures it out. The caird need to be more even, and let Zeke work his way in. 4th pick or not, he's a rookie.

^
This.

The team won't ever start Morris because of the perception the public would get and for fear of their reaction to it, even if it was the right move. But what they can do is to give Morris more carries throughout the game.

But I expect them to go with the same plan that they have these first two games and to let Elliott continue to grow and (hopefully) improve into the role. And I think the only thing that would force them to change that plan would be another case of fumblitis like we saw yesterday, and I don't expect that to happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preseason Elliott looked good. He gashed the Seahawks first team defense.

Morris had a nice runs last week, but he hasnt shown enough to bench a HB that improved on his week 1 performance.

"Improved" enough to get himself benched with the game on the line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
41 rushes for 134 yards. 3.27 yards per carry. 2 TDs, 2 fumbles.

He still has 14 games to improve, but if that looks like #4 overall production to you, you need to put down the Kool-Aid.

'Yeah, but, but, but....'

:flagwave:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke's numbers are in line or better than most rookies in Cowboys history and Dallas has had a lot of impact rookie running backs(Perkins, Hill, Dorsett, Walker, Smith, Jones, Barber, Murray just to name a few)

Which one of those other names got to step in and run behind the 'best line in the NFL', composed of not one, not two, not three, but four first round talents? Those names. would be a valid comparison.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Murray had 1800+ yrds with this line also. The line really makes a good RB...Great.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Which one of those other names got to step in and run behind the 'best line in the NFL', composed of not one, not two, not three, but four first round talents? Those names. would be a valid comparison.
Pretty sure Dorsett was behind the top OLine in the NFL. And he ran for 72 yards in his first 2 games. Only started about 4 games all year and ran for just over 1000 yards.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Great post. But unfortunately it will fall on mostly deaf eyes here on CZ. These fans that didn't want to draft a RB at 4 have been waiting a long time to make threads like this. It just shows how some fans are either trolls or just don't understand the game with any depth. They only understand stat sheets and fantasy football stats. They didn't get their guy drafted so Zeke will be over scrutinized for a long time.
It's pretty strange fan behavior. But it's the troll generation.

I'm in the camp that thought it was silly to spend a top 4 pick on a RB. I think I have valid room to be concerned. I'm not saying he won't go on to be great. He flashed glimses of that on Sunday, even. But we drafted Zeke in large part because of his immediate impact. He was supposed to be a game changer week 1 and so far, he's done nothing that Darren McFadden didn't do last year. I'm not putting it all on him, but, again, there's some concern. He was supposed to be a great player over the duration of his rookie contract. That's the reason we went with him over a DB who would likely need a year or two to make his impact.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'll give the kid more than 2 games before judging whether hes worthy or not.

NickZepp

Reaction score
It was silly for Dallas to spend a number 1 pick on Tony Dorsett I guess?

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that thought it was silly to spend a top 4 pick on a RB. I think I have valid room to be concerned. I'm not saying he won't go on to be great. He flashed glimses of that on Sunday, even. But we drafted Zeke in large part because of his immediate impact. He was supposed to be a game changer week 1 and so far, he's done nothing that Darren McFadden didn't do last year. I'm not putting it all on him, but, again, there's some concern. He was supposed to be a great player over the duration of his rookie contract. That's the reason we went with him over a DB who would likely need a year or two to make his impact.
I will say this. Zeke already has had a much larger impact on the game than Jalen Ramsey will have this year and maybe next. I doubt the opposing defenses would be selling out to stop the run if the threat of Zeke wasn't there. Just as Adrian Peterson gets credit for Sam Bradfords success last night, Zeke is due credit for Daks success. The reason the play action and the entire middle of the field has been open for Cole Beasley and Witten is due to Zeke having the defenses sell out coverage to stop him.

I know it seems strange for defenses to game plan around a rookie RB but this is the exception with our OL and all the hype. And of course a 4th round rookie QB.

The true impact of Zeke won't be seen on a stat sheet until either Dak forcee defenses to play honest or Romo comes back. Then we will see what happens when you have a lightning rod who loves contact running in an offense that demands honest balanced game planing.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Per JG's press conference on EE's fumbles:

"Those things can't happen," head coach Jason Garrett said Monday. "When you are carrying the football, you are not only carrying the football for yourself, but for the whole offensive unit and for the whole football team. That's a big responsibility that comes with that. He'll learn from that experience."

Loved Dak's quote on protecting the ball "Ball Security is Job Security?