Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not going to defend him.

He has to play better.

Early in the game, he looked like he had bad cleats or something.

During the game, he looked okay at times, but overall, he just did not look comfortable.

But you have to admit, this player has been treated like a celebrity since he walked in the door.

He was not your ordinary first round pick. Got the Jones jet (Byron Jones didn't) and they have done their best to make him a brand since he became a Cowboy.

He needs to settle down and man up.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke will be ok.....we all need to be patient with him. He needs to eliminate the fumbling that we witnessed today. It's just 2 games. JG needs to take him off the hook a little bit with increased carries to Alfred Morris.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He needs to carry the ball high and tight at all times and cover up when anticipating contact. He was carrying ti loose and then trying to tuck it when anticipating contact. Easily correctable. The physical talent is apparent and like most rookies I expect him to improve. He does seem to be pressing a little.

I didn't support the pick but now that he is a Cowboy you bet your *** I will support the player.

haleyrules

Reaction score
lol. 2 games total is all any rookie needs to confirm if he'll be good or not.
Worse. He really did'nt have much of a preseason to get prepared for the fast, rough and tumble of the NFL. Lets talk again after game 8. I still think he will be a good Cowboy. It may be prudent if the Coach (Jerry) brings him along a little more slowly. Let Morris start a few games and bring Elliott in as needed.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Didn't "predict" anything. And Emmitt Smith wasn't selected 4th overall, not to mention he was part of a full rebuilding process. But i digress, the point I am making is i haven't witnessed a single flash that says he has elite abilities, and beginning to worry we bought a Camby at a Mercedes price.
Ok I understand, how about the third pick in the draft Richardson in 2012, or our own D Mcfadden in 2008. Still looking like a Mercedes compared to these pics. Are you using another Database other than the nfl draft? I think flash was evident during the Seattle game in the preseason...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I could forgive it if he would start making some big plays.

Fumbling and being average won't cut it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
@percyhoward - how is he doing on short yardage, seems like a bunch of conversions in 2 games
He's 3 of 3 on short-yardage runs. Smith is 1 of 1, Morris is 0 of 1.

Dak has converted 3 of 3 by the pass -- 2 of 2 to Beasley, 1 of 1 to Swaim.

Like last year, we're having trouble with the second-level yards because of stacked boxes, and no Romo to check us into a pass play on run blitzes. But also like last year, we're burning the clock and moving the chains because we haven't been stuffed often, we're good in short yardage, and we bust an occasional 10-yard run. I think the more we start to trust Dak, depending on how he responds, the more the run will open up.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's 3 of 3 on short-yardage runs. Smith is 1 of 1, Morris is 0 of 1.

Dak has converted 3 of 3 by the pass -- 2 of 2 to Beasley, 1 of 1 to Swaim.

Like last year, we're having trouble with the second-level yards because of stacked boxes, and no Romo to check us into a pass play on run blitzes. But also like last year, we're burning the clock and moving the chains because we haven't been stuffed often, we're good in short yardage, and we bust an occasional 10-yard run. I think the more we start to trust Dak, depending on how he responds, the more the run will open up.
thanks......I knew the percentages were high.....seems like a ton of 2and1s, 3rdand1s and 1st and goals so far

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
thanks......I knew the percentages were high.....seems like a ton of 2and1s, 3rdand1s and 1st and goals so far
Technically, 2nd and 1 isn't considered short yardage, because teams love to take a shot in that situation and defenses play it accordingly. I looked at 3rd or 4th and 1 or 2 to go, and any down from the 1- or 2-yard line.