Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

canters

Reaction score
Our fans are so impatient. Zeke played very little in preseason and is still adjusting to the NFL. He will improve and stop fumbling. He is a 1200 yard back for us this year. Wow. Those who want to sit him are non serious dudes I hope.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash - c'mon man you're better than that - he'll be fine. It's his second game of his career. Don't be that guy.

I'm not any "guy" I'm stating the cold, hard truth that some fans can't handle. He was benched. Unlike the 'SuperFans', I can state the truth without crying, whining or lying about it.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Our fans are so impatient. Zeke played very little in preseason and is still adjusting to the NFL. He will improve and stop fumbling. He is a 1200 yard back for us this year. Wow. Those who want to sit him are non serious dudes I hope.
I don't think it's sitting on him. It's the fact that one player who we did not need vs players we did need. It's very obvious what we need and what we dont. Arguing that is stupid. Morris is plenty

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'm not any "guy" I'm stating the cold, hard truth that some fans can't handle. He was benched. Unlike the 'SuperFans', I can state the truth without crying, whining or lying about it.

Yes, he was benched because he fumbled twice and he deserved to be, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

He'll be fine. He was better this week and he'll be better next week.

Ender

Reaction score
Forget it, I say we just trade him now.... while we still can:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, he was benched because he fumbled twice and he deserved to be, but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

He'll be fine. He was better this week and he'll be better next week.

That wasn't what the OP said, was it?

He said he hasn't looked worth the pick so far, and he hasn't. Hopefully, he gets better, but based on what's actually happened, he's been disappointing. Some people don't have to cover their eyes to that fact.

And if he was "better" this week, why was he benched? Why wasn't he out on the field when the game was being decided? We all know the answer.

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
For the 4th overall pick, he better be more than a 1200 yard back.

willia451

Reaction score
Zeke had some problems today holding onto the football. But Garrett put in Morris and Morris did a good job for the team. Did you see that TD? And the OL really blew them out of there.

Zeke will be ok. He just has a lot to learn. He's pressing and trying to do too much.

Coach Garrett will get that cleaned up.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yes it does matter. Of course it matters. Players in the NFL play differently than college or high school. Norman is a savy vet that punched the ball out. Zeke has to adjust how he holds the ball.

You learn from your mistakes, rookies get better as they play the game and learn from their mistakes. To suggest otherwise, shows an agenda against a player.
He's a rookie..

he will get better.

When Calvin Hill first broke thru..

he had a habit of jumping in the air and trying to fly over tacklers and he would land and the ball would pop out..

this was before they changed the rule about the ground can not cause the fumble like now.

We would lose possession and people would scream.

He learned to not jump and to protect the ball and he went to the Pro Bowl.

Zeke will be fine.

We haven't given him much time yet.

dallasdave

Reaction score
He's a rookie..

he will get better.

When Calvin Hill first broke thru..

he had a habit of jumping in the air and trying to fly over tacklers and he would land and the ball would pop out..

this was before they changed the rule about the ground can not cause the fumble like now.

We would lose possession and people would scream.

He learned to not jump and to protect the ball and he went to the Pro Bowl.

Zeke will be fine.

We haven't given him much time yet.
Great point !!! Calvin was great but it took him a while to get the whole game !!! In the Super Bowl when Dallas won their 1st Championship 24 to 3 over Miami,Calvin went up in the air and lost the ball when Dallas was getting ready to score. Dallas was lucky they were way ahead,and it did not effect the game !!!!