Twitter: Zeke on critics: “Those people aren’t signing my checks”

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No win. Best to remain silent and go about his business.

When he decided to hold out with 2 years remaining and took off for Mexico, he set this wheel in motion. Plenty of pissed off fans and if he stumbled, and he has, he had to know this was coming. I know these guys get celebrityitis and think they're extra special but this day was coming unless he kept up that production level and didn't lay the rock on the ground.

They don't sign those checks but they do put money in the bank account of the cat that does.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’m not surprised. This is his what, 5th season? Of course he believes that. It’s the country club culture. Almost every player since Jerry has been in charge has had this spoiled, entitled mentality. It’s disgusting. I know some players are naturally like this, but do you think a coach like Jimmy would let his players act entitled with no responsibility like this?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just trying to make sense of your post. I didn't actually think it could be done.

The analogy that I was trying to make is, these spoiled football players need some discipline, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog, and the dog is Jerry.

But, for some reason, because of the CBA, these players have to be coddled now days, not like the days of Coach Jimmy's asthma field. But, this team for some reason, seems to be entitled, and if you spank them, they cry.

Military is not football, however, there are tons of guys that played sports, but our sport was to hunt, not be hunted. Our goal was to win and not complain, and if we did complain, all hell broke loose and we got straightened out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The analogy that I was trying to make is, these spoiled football players need some discipline, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog, and the dog is Jerry.

But, for some reason, because of the CBA, these players have to be coddled now days, not like the days of Coach Jimmy's asthma field. But, this team for some reason, seems to be entitled, and if you spank them, they cry.

Military is not football, however, there are tons of guys that played sports, but our sport was to hunt, not be hunted. Our goal was to win and not complain, and if we did complain, all hell broke loose and we got straightened out.
I don't think the majority of fans can wrap their head around how hard the average athlete in just the NFL work. No clue.

If you think otherwise and don't make an example, then that's on you.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Tell em Zeke! They ain't running nothing but they mouth.

Motorola

Reaction score
My responses would have been:
1a) "No comment"
1b) "Everybody has their opinion(s), one way or the other"
2) "Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend!"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not wrong. Ultimately, it's up to the Coaches and the Jones.

But when folks don't like a player anymore, then his truth will come across as forget the fans. When, in reality, he SHOULDN'T worry about the fans.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I don't think the majority of fans can wrap their head around how hard the average athlete in just the NFL work. No clue.

If you think otherwise and don't make an example, then that's on you.

My example is that this team, and all teams, have strong azz players, big MoFo's, strong like Godzilla...without discipline.

For example, and if I were Jerry or MM and I saw this post of Zeke's? He is done for the year, he just pissed off tons of us Cowboy fans.(get you *** on the bench, fool, stay there). There are to many thin skinned players that think their crap don't stink.

The three day with Navy Seals would not be the physical part, it would be the mental part that would break these overpaid crybabies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My responses would have been:
1a) "No comment"
1b) "Everybody has their opinion(s), one way or the other"
2) "Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend!"

Yep...I would have come up with something very subdued too...after the fact.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
LOL.....I know a lot of fans don't wanna hear this but the position he's taking is that of most players. Sure, they play the PR game in front of the camera but their teammates, coaches, and family are what they care about. I know some say we pay their salaries and that's true, somewhat, but once these sign their contract THEY KNOW they're getting paid regardless of what fans say.

ZestyHealthyAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My example is that this team, and all teams, have strong azz players, big MoFo's, strong like Godzilla...without discipline.

For example, and if I were Jerry or MM and I saw this post of Zeke's? His is done for the year, he just pissed off tons of us Cowboy fans.(get you *** on the bench, fool, stay there). There are to many thin skinned players that think their crap don't stink.

The three day with Navy Seals would not be the physical part, it would be the mental part that would break these overpaid crybabies.
Quote a few thin skinned fans too.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.....I know a lot of fans don't wanna hear this but the position he's taking is that of most players. Sure, they play the PR game in front of the camera but their teammates, coaches, and family are what they care about. I know some say we pay their salaries and that's true, somewhat, but once these sign their contract THEY KNOW they're getting paid regardless of what fans say.

Yep. They' take a quote like "that guys a real leader"....and act like it gospel. What the he hockey sticks do you expect him to say on camera?

Bigdog

Reaction score
He is going to find what the NFL really stands for if he keeps playing the way he does.