Twitter: Zeke on critics: “Those people aren’t signing my checks”

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why should we expect players to go through job evaluations via the media? He's right about what he said. I mean, what would you say to a reporter saying people think you should lose your job?

Zeke wouldn't lose his job because the media noted his poor performance, he might lose it because his performance was poor. Being questioned by the media about that contingency is part of his job.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Could not do the link (some one tutor me please)

Elliott's responses to criticism is 180° from from Steelers QB Roethisberger. When asked about his recent poor play that prompted some observers wondering if he might be done:

"I don't blame them. When you play like poo, you deserve to be talked about like that....That's on me, I need to be better."
From NFL.com.

Right answer from Ben. Answers the question instead of deflects like Zeke.

How to post link for article?
1) Click on link - looks a little like a chain. 7th from the left. Rollover tooltip says "link".
2) Paste in URL.
3) Click on "insert".

For video.
1) Click on film - 2nd to the right of smiley face. Tool tip says media. Rollover tooltip says "media".
2) Paste in URL.
3) Click on "insert".

Haimerej

Reaction score
Zeke wouldn't lose his job because the media noted his poor performance, he might lose it because his performance was poor. Being questioned by the media about that contingency is part of his job.

He was directly responding to people calling for his job. As valid as the criticism may be to some, his response is just as valid. Anyone gets a bit prickly when someone who can't do what they can do starts criticizing them. How should he have responded? "Well I'm just gonna buckle down and do my darndest to make my critics like me." Guy's a football player, not a swamp rat.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He was directly responding to people calling for his job. As valid as the criticism may be to some, his response is just as valid. Anyone gets a bit prickly when someone who can't do what they can do starts criticizing them. How should he have responded? "Well I'm just gonna buckle down and do my darndest to make my critics like me." Guy's a football player, not a swamp rat.

He should have responded on the merits, like Big Ben did here.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/zek...igning-my-checks”.470888/page-8#post-10692499

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ben did the best thing. Accept it and move on. We're talking about Zeke. This response was a sign of growth.

I think Zeke had an interview about his fumbling where he gave a reply like Ben did. It's my fault and it's not good enough.

I thought that was a very stand up move and have generally defended him this season. Yeah, he's not playing well, and on top of that, he's fumbling. But I don't see loafing or lack of effort. And he took responsibility where he hurt the team. Can't ask for more from a guy.

This latest response was a regression from the stand-up attitude that I thought I saw earlier.

Looks like we were coming at this from different baselines of expectations.