Twitter: Zeke on critics: “Those people aren’t signing my checks”

Fontaine

Reaction score
At this point, I'm not a fan of Zeke's play or his value. He's just not that good.

But I didn't have complaints about his attitude. Always seemed to be trying.

This looks like a bad attitude, however. "Huh, I'm still getting paid."

Not only is that dismissive of valid criticism, it's also dishonest with himself.

Zeke is not getting paid because he's *worth* that much. Zeke is getting paid because his salary was guaranteed. That's why Jerry is still signing those checks. No team in the league would pay Zeke his contract now. I think we should just eat his 2021 salary as sunk cost to avoid guaranteeing his 12.4mil 2022 salary this March.

It makes me believe that performances like zekes and gurley’s will eventually lead to RBs contracts being largely incentive based, that’s if they want to get “paid”. It’s hard to argue it as well due to these guys simply not performing to their paychecks.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That's the way it works in Jonestown. The biggest contract gets the start. Production on the field is irrelevant.

Motorola

Reaction score
Could not do the link (some one tutor me please)

Elliott's responses to criticism is 180° from from Steelers QB Roethisberger. When asked about his recent poor play that prompted some observers wondering if he might be done:

"I don't blame them. When you play like poo, you deserve to be talked about like that....That's on me, I need to be better."
From NFL.com.

Motorola

Reaction score
O course not, you know that. It was in Season 2, episode 4 of Star Trek TOS.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt......
Many attribute the quote to Mark Twain; but it is actually unknown ihe origin. The time I heard it from someone, they started it with "Confucius said..."

Haimerej

Reaction score
This looks like a bad attitude, however. "Huh, I'm still getting paid."

Not only is that dismissive of valid criticism, it's also dishonest with himself.

Why should we expect players to go through job evaluations via the media? He's right about what he said. I mean, what would you say to a reporter saying people think you should lose your job?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why should we expect players to go through job evaluations via the media? He's right about what he said. I mean, what would you say to a reporter saying people think you should lose your job?
Exactly

Praxit

Reaction score
..it could get worse for him, now that he feels the pressure. More fumbling, drop passes, stress is not a good thing.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He's getting more cocky by the minute. Sad!
..it could get worse for him, now that he feels the pressure. More fumbling, drop passes, stress is not a good thing.
Remember Dlaw sounding off when hearing the pressure from the fans?! Straightened him right out didn't it lol.